[Phinigel] Warrior Epic 1.5 and Vxed

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jaera, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Jaera Augur

I understand that the instance trigger NPC for Vxed and Tipt was removed due to a potential exploit. Is it possible for this exploit to be hotfixed rather than waiting for a patch? Because of this removal, warriors cannot progress beyond a few initial steps on their 1.5 epic quest.
  2. Aegir Augur

PM sent.
  3. Jaera Augur

Thanks!
  4. Machentoo Augur

An exploit to work around the unintended consequences of the dev team fixing another exploit (or is it just unintended creative gameplay? Really not sure.) This game never ceases to amaze.
  5. Communist Puppy Augur

Pretty sure the paladin 1.5 requires it as well.
  6. ShaggyGrant Journeyman

What happened with these was there were a couple of us who twinked the ever loving hell out of an SK to make them pretty much invincible at the maximum level that the mobs in tipt gave AA xp, then used SK swarming (2.0>Mortal Coil before that got nerfed) to farm AAs for level 65 and higher toons by spamming the riddle guy with bad turn ins. They "fixed" this mid run on us as we were killing things for about 15 minutes straight until one hit our SK for a ton of damage which is why I'm wondering why they actually had to take the NPCs out to fix it again.

I guess they thought of it as an exploit but I still consider it unintended creative gameplay.

They could return it to working the old way without any issues now since autogrant is a thing on live servers so you don't need to farm thousands of AAs for alts as you level them anymore.
  7. Time Burn Augur

What stupidity. You were cheating the game system from working properly, and you locked warriors out of doing their 1.5s for a while.
  8. Aegowaffle New Member

Are we going to get an answer on this? This effectively puts a stop at warrior epics. Waiting till a patch is going to kill warriors even more than they are now. Can we get an answer please.
  9. Delora Journeyman

Yea I'm also stuck here. Wondering how long I'm gonna have to twiddle my thumbs until I can complete this.
  10. ShaggyGrant Journeyman

You can blame me if you want, SKs were swarming everywhere at the time, we didn't think of how to swarm with an SK, we just thought of a spot to do it without interruption/pulling required. I'm not the one who thought making them hit for 100k was a good idea. I figured it would probably work until they caught on and just limited the number of spawns to 1 set at a time instead of 100 mobs at a time but they definitely caught us offguard with the SK randomly getting smacked for 100k.

Then they forgot to make them uncharmable, the devs never cease to amaze me in this game.
    Punchu likes this.
  11. Prathun Developer

Unfortunately, Tipt and Vxed are on hiatus until the September update, scheduled for the 20th.
    Illusory likes this.
  12. Catashe Augur

Well I guess at least we ain't gotta wait til the Oct patch.. lol
  13. Dadcop Lorekeeper

This also affects Paladin 1.5
  14. ForumBoss Augur

I'm an affected paladin as well. I'm pretty sure enchanters have some staff pieces from vxed as well, though it was prelootable. I wish they could hot fix this.
  15. Podiatryst New Member

Thank you for the update and the work on launch. It stinks you had to take it down but stopping exploiters is always the best move.