Warning: Phinigel MPG Raid Trials Achievement

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Warrior007, Sep 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scornn Elder

Seems a little far-fetched considering i've been with OGC since server start.. You may be thinking of the Paladin named Scorn who was running around during kunark/velious. I can see how you'd be confused!
  2. lobos Journeyman

Remember when scornn sang under the sea?!
  3. Ckador Augur

I member.
  4. Scornn Elder

[IMG]
    Ckador likes this.
  5. lobos Journeyman

ya i was there, CANNOT GIB MY TRUE IDENTITY BUT i name my pet athiyk
    Ckador likes this.
  6. Astral64 Augur

It was a hell of a time. I enjoyed every bit of it. Thank you to all involved. This is just another example of why Phinigel is a fantastic server with a little something for everyone.

On one hand I can understand the disappointment from across the street. It hurts to miss something so easy to prevent. Thankfully we learned this lesson when we won the Quarm server event. This is exactly how it worked when we did our MPG trials there and we reconfirmed it on test with the achievement checks just to be safe. I am kind of surprised none of your handful of guild mates who joined us for Quarm informed you of this.

The race through Anguish would have been something to behold as we had prepared very well for it. Although I do admit the chance to slow down and savor that first clear was much appreciated. Late night TS chat gets wild. Many memes were born.

On the other.. success in EverQuest has always come down to one thing:

Knowledge is power.
    Podiatryst and Punchu like this.
  7. Beimeith Lord of the Game

[Thu Sep 14 02:11:31 2017] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:The Mastery of Endurance trial in Proving Grounds has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Satoshi along with everyone else who participated in this achievement!
    [Thu Sep 14 02:42:21 2017] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:The Mastery of Endurance trial in Proving Grounds has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Execute along with everyone else who participated in this achievement!

2 HOURS ahead! (With a quarter the number of L70s and less people with completed signets).

Math is hard.
    Podiatryst likes this.
  8. ThenaEQ Augur

9. Catashe Augur

More like you saw us completing the trials and got worried we might beat you... its like Luclin all over again
  10. Dadcop Lorekeeper

SA went to trials once signets were done. What guild are you with though?
    Podiatryst likes this.
  11. ThenaEQ Augur

just wondering, how does it feel to lose another expansion that you exploited in? TIA
  12. Podiatryst New Member

Hilarious how salty you guys all are trying to rationalize the loss. You've lost 95% of expansions to date, its not like its abnormal for this to happen bro?
  13. Prathun Developer

I believe this has been fixed internally. The hidden 7th bit is no longer needed for Anguish access. This change touched the achievement, the Anguish door script, the MPG raid success scripts, and the Anguish zone filter.

This wasn't a side effect of the Quarm changes. For the past 13 years... to the day, oddly enough, since Omens launched on 9/14/2004... you could miss out on an important flag if you weren't in the MPG trial zone upon success. Whether it gave the character a flag and a pie item or a flag that was tied to an achievement is immaterial. If the script missed you, it missed you. The Quarm changes made the way this works cleaner and today's changes made it cleaner still.

Bingo!
    The benefit of hindsight, experience, a more robust scripting language, and the achievement system has allowed us to make this work more reliably. I know some folks miss the olde days of getting pie slices and forming the final pie, but that led to a nightmare of CS issues.
    Chatoyan and Ryak like this.
  14. Scornn Elder

Well I can guarantee we had a full 54 in zone when we finished the final trial, and it missed the entire raid.. unintended or not it's clearly a bug so thank you for adjusting it as such!

Is this change going to be live as of now? or next patch?
  15. Clueless123 New Member

The dude who actually created the script just told you it was not a bug. Time to get over it. The salt is UNREAL LOL
  16. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

My experience in the past, prior to the Quarm achievement switch, the pies is what mattered. I don't ever recall an issue with the pies, they would automatically transmute when you hit all 6 (and were alive in the zone), which I believe is exactly the script you're inferring to. This functioned perfectly on Fippy, at least for our first run.

I'm lead to believe with the Quarm switch to the achievement system (and the removal of the actual "pies" obtained in your inventory), when you actually hit all 6, it would not generate the final "7th" check to transmute them in the achievement until you actually zoned out and zoned back in.

Perhaps the script fired correctly on our first completion on Fippy inside the zone to transmute into the complete physical seal, it unfortunately didn't fire correctly here on Phinigel.

I'm glad it is fixed. Thanks for your quick response!

Do you have any idea what's up with the Taromani's Protection achievement not triggering in the same fashion (All the subsections are complete, but not the primary one)?
  17. Beimeith Lord of the Game

You know it. You don't throw something like that away...

[IMG]
    Prathun likes this.
  18. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Prathun, while you are "potentially" still viewing this thread I wanted to bring up a different MPG trial ?bug?.

The Mastery of Hate (Raid) currently has the baby ferans respawning indefinitely even after the trial is over so you get to deal with them during loot process. The Master of Endurance (Raid) has the same issue where the trash NPCs that spawn as part of the event continue to spawn after the event has ended.

At times this can be a real issue because it keeps players in combat preventing them from being able to loot from the shell of the master as it has the "mob is aware of your presence" restriction.
  19. Catashe Augur

Whats funny is you guys think I care who wins the expansion.. I don't... I just care wasting a night cause some weird script that ran fine on Fippy suddenly required you to zone out and back in when you didn't have to do that in the past.. =\
  20. Creepin Lorekeeper

Sure wish we could get our epic drops we need out of vxed/tipt but we cant cuz OGC exploited the zones and got them removed until further notice. You deserved to lose with the kinda crap you pull and stuff you ruin for everyone else.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.