Warning: Phinigel MPG Raid Trials Achievement

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Warrior007, Sep 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silentchaos Augur

Oh yeah, Ngreth is ON IT! You have to do something!
  2. Clueless123 New Member

3. ThenaEQ Augur

4. Sanguimanus Redfang New Member

I don't have a dog in this fight (I don't play on Phinny), but from what I hear OGC was almost 2 hours ahead of AoS and only won because of this silly Achievement thing. I've talked to members in both guilds and privately both acknowledged how silly this was. AoS had even already started making excuses internally for why they were about to lose...

You can argue that knowing about the achievement "issue" makes you "better", but I wonder how a guild that ended up so far behind in the race can be here on the forums slinging so much trash talk when in fact...other than this silly issue...you were about to lose, and dead to rights, not even close.
  5. Ckador Augur

True champs don't bother with mask clicks.
    Warrior007 likes this.
  6. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

In a related topic, we had a member experience the following after turning in the signet container to Taromani:

[IMG]

The member had the "You are now protected from the chaos magic in Mata Muram's citadel." message, in addition to the experience message and the "This is exactly what I was hoping to see" when turning in the finished container to Taromani.

Unfortunately, zoning in and out did not fix this one.
  7. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

Truth! You can kill Overlord without clicking any masks, without powering him up.
    Scornn and Ckador like this.
  8. Podiatryst New Member

Pssstttttt random OGC member just fyi you need to be 70 to click OMM mask. Where you 2 ogc that were 70 going to duo the entire zone?
  9. Clueless123 New Member

You just refuse to accept you're awful and your guild is awful. Another loss to add to the Citizen record. No ones surprised.
    Podiatryst and ThenaEQ like this.
  10. Scornn Elder

So while the members of AoS and friends continue to shitpost I hope the Devs can focus on the real issue of achievements and turn-ins for progression having bugs.
  11. Clueless123 New Member

only ogc has had an issue so far. AoS was fine.
  12. Dadcop Lorekeeper

I really wish that you had completed your trials right. We can't recreate the atmosphere and circumstances of last night to determine whether or not you could finish at that moment. I'm still confident we would have won.
  13. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

Yeah it's really too bad we can't recreate that exact set of circumstances. We all had a good time though! While disappointing, we hope this gets resolved quickly, and other guilds are well aware of the unintended consequences of the change from the mastery "pies" to achievements.

We're still not sure about the Taromani's turn-in bug that we experienced either. Hopefully we can get some dev insight on that one too.
  14. Scornn Elder

It's unfortunate that the mechanics of the flagging were changed for an event server. A server 2% of the population chose to play on for fluff rewards. The expedition ends 5 minutes after opening the loot chest, and according to Prathun being present for the final raid and in the zone should flag you for that 7th step. It's entirely redundant and inconceivable to have a zone out and zone back in requirement for these trials.

But congratulations AoS! It would have been a fun race to the end, so very sad a technicality and poor design causes such a bottleneck.
  15. Dadcop Lorekeeper

Eh we still would have completed the expansion first, Scornn
    ThenaEQ likes this.
  16. Scornn Elder

AoS is so very humble when accepting congratulations. Such good quality of character your people have! :)
  17. ThenaEQ Augur

yeah i mean like they could be cheaters
  18. Scornn Elder

Remember when AoS's Insanity Crawler batphones were released? Shouldn't throw stones in glass houses..
  19. Podiatryst New Member

It makes me proud to be in a guild where my guild leader was more concerned with keying, helping people out, and answering questions like Grizvok was instead of trying to get his name in every yellow text like others do every expansion.

We booted Scornn for harassing women in the guild, he is just mad at us dont pay any attention to him.
  20. Ootax Augur

What do you expect when your congratulations implies it was on a technicality. Just accept that you lost, you're officers didn't know as much about the flagging as AoS officers did and you lost that's it. You can make all the excuses you want but you lost! Accept it, move on, wait for DoN.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.