Warning: Phinigel MPG Raid Trials Achievement

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Warrior007, Sep 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aekold Augur

If only there was a server called 'Test' where people or guilds could, for free, test any encounter from any era...

I guess research or effort might have been too much to ask.
  2. Catashe Augur

hmmm I guess they also didn't get to change something that wasn't broken in the first place but whatever
  3. lobos Journeyman

Zz new member or not, I'm level 60 and I pay my sub. Eat it, just havent posted on this account since I box. /winning

I mean dont you need an activate account to post here? I forget, but if thats the case then cry more pls. If they banned new members then how would anyone get past being a new member? Screw the other forums this is where its at.
  4. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Please tell me it was you who coded the MPG trial flagging process back in 2004 when OoW originally launched.
  5. Kyel Journeyman

If only people could read earlier replies where it was already stated things don't always work on test like they do on a progression server since test isn't actually a progression server and has a different rule set...
  6. Clueless123 New Member

AoS taught half your guild how to do OoW on Quarm. I'm surprised none of those people told you how it works. Besides, you had 3 level 70's when you completed raid trials, and non-70s cant click OMM mask. You were nowhere near being "in the running" to win. So I don't know why you're upset.
  7. Feelsbadman New Member

I'd say its less about the race itself and more about people planning and taking time off work etc. 13 hour grind to come to an immediate halt because something wasn't clear isn't exactly the way you want to end the night.
  8. AgentofChange Augur

If you testcopy your achievements remain the same, so you very easily could have seen that you did not have the completed achievement if you had tested it.
    -wycca likes this.
  9. Aekold Augur

Spoiler Alert: the trials and Anguish achievement worked this way on Quarm, and currently work this exact same way on Test. Too bad that simply looking something up on ZAM wasn't enough. By all means continue to blame 'the system' instead on investing any real effort.
  10. Kyel Journeyman

So test copy to test to check achievements that would be gained by completing the trials on test for a key to a zone that doesn't require a key there. And when you don't get the key you know it's "broken" as opposed to test just not working that way since ya know it's not required there.
  11. Kronko Elder

12. Renshu Augur

I don't have a dog in the fight, but wow. The tears in this thread but be tasty for AoS.

LOL!
  13. AgentofChange Augur

What? Look at your achievements. It's literally right there. It even gives you nice little checkmarks to let you know if you were successful or not. It works on test the exact same way it works on live. You would have seen you were missing the final checkmark.

The way you speak, apparently you did do this and just assumed "oh well, we did it all and we didn't get the checkmark but it's probably fine". Kind of only have yourselves to blame if this is true.

You also could have taken a second to check this before you left your last trial. EQ is easy, completed achievements get highlighted. If it's not highlighted, maybe take a second to figure things out rather than just hope it works and maybe a dev will save you later if it doesn't.
    -wycca likes this.
  14. Ohfuggle Elder

OGC just seems perplexed over the need to click back in to lock in completed achievement, and dev's acknowledging it requires a review/fix.

Zero complaints about competition, winning on a technicality still counts, congrats AoS!
  15. taliefer Augur

i agree, its a totally unrealistic expectation that things will work the way they should and have in the past.

a dev already said something didnt work the way it should, i dont even know why its a debate.

regardless of whether we were "in the running" for the first omm kill or not, alot of peoples time and work came to a screeching halt due to a bug.
    Ohfuggle likes this.
  16. Podiatryst New Member

We won on a technicality now, you got smoked even if you would have not messed up. Just take the L and stop rationalizing with silly excuses.
  17. ThenaEQ Augur

TECHNICALITYS I SAY. JUST LIKE HAVING TO KILL HIGH PRIEST IN ORDER TO GET TO ZUN MURAM AM I RIGHT GUYS
    AgentofChange likes this.
  18. Aekold Augur

I guess it doesn't play with the 'MPG Screwjob!' narrative you're trying so hard to push, but Ngreth just stated that (despite being somewhat unclear) the achievement was working as designed.

I can't help the fact that you substituted a vague idea for hard data, maybe if this 'issue' with the achievement had been discovered on Test something could have been done earlier. What a shame!
  19. taliefer Augur

and prathun posted hes going to "fix it." so something obviously didnt work as intended. i didnt say its a screwjob, i said its a bug. bugs happen. they are frustrating.
  20. Clueless123 New Member

Lol no he said hes going to make it more clear. That doesnt mean its a bug, hes just going to "fix it" for stupid people.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.