Test Update 09/12/2017 - Patch Notes and Discussion

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Kinadorm Augur

When I cast Fleeting Spirit now both effects instantly fade. The listed duration seems too short for the DoT's. Why can't both be 5 minutes since they are charge based?

Paralytic Spores, Paralytic Spray, and Spiritual Rebuke all serve different functions. I really don't want these lines consolidated. This change is basically just eliminating 2 decent abilities we have had for years and replacing them with nothing. At the very least if your going to consolidate them it should be more like Beguilers Banishment with a better/longer lasting root but I would rather these abilities not get consolidated.
    Rinzun likes this.
  2. Brohg Augur

Game patches are 100% unrelated to server issues. There is no game update even theoretically possible that will impact server administration or the physical administration of networks in the least
  3. Ethereal Augur

The 20+ people in my raid riding one indoors was a pretty huge selling point. The fact they never said anything to the contrary is my issue. What are you not understanding? They should have made a post 2 weeks ago if this wasn't intended.

(Again, I don't consider 1 line in test patch notes making a post about it either. There are people on Ragefire literally right now selling them using the fact they can be used indoors as as a selling point. I'm confused on how you are defending this? They should have made a post.)
  4. Nuttmeg Augur

I'm an average player and I GUARANTEE you, if I see a new and fantastic purchaseable mount being used that I like, I'd buy it in good faith that it was working the way it was supposed to be when I saw it.

I wouldn't even check the forums like he did to make sure.
  5. Ethereal Augur

Exactly, this is my very point. I figured it had to be too good to be true. No one was even talking about it. When other huge exploits or bugs like this happen, you better believe their posted to the forums REAL quick, and many threads are created in regards to them.

Also, people are forgetting that a majority of the people who paid for these bought them because they were 25% off at the time as well. I personally waited until the last day of the sale to buy them just to make sure, and here I am getting screwed anyways.
  6. Toxicaust Journeyman

Regarding people quitting over class nerfs... I quit playing my necro about 2 years ago when TBM came out. That was the final nail in the coffin for my necro, and I rerolled. If necros ever got buffed back to something that didn't feel totally underpowered, I would hop back on in a heartbeat. That being said, I still have fun playing EQ, but it's pretty bad that necros got so bad that I had to quit the class.
  7. Siddar Augur

I have question about the Scent of Terris change. We used to make mob undead temporarily then place Deaths Malaise slow on the mob. Now with the wording of the patch note that will no longer work. Because as soon as mob changes back to non undead the slow become inactive.

Is this the case and if so is it intended?
  8. Siddar Augur

On to reluctant benevolence is the change only working on lifetaps intended? Or is it the result archaic note that exist sense beta where it was introduced? The AA existed in lifetap version when it was originally introduced but it was changed in that beta to effect all detrimental spells.

That would explain why reports of reluctant benevolence working still on all detrimental spell on test after this patch.
  9. Zhaunil_AB Augur

And what do you give the cleric who used to be able to use QM on themselves after a death but now can no longer do so because they have no mana at that point in the first place?

And exactly what was the reasoning behind the timer thing?
    Both the extension and the sharing with the other ability?
    The Beastlords got too much mana from the clerics or what?
    Infinite_Karma likes this.
  10. Randragon Augur

Dzarn:

While I see you are adding kick to some classes armor and such can you look at the Darkened Tolan's Darkwood Breastplate and add kick to that as well. It seems to be missing off that but our other raid bps have had it now for awhile.
    Hiladdar likes this.
  11. Maedhros High King

I guess you dont read the class forums. My post was really quite tame compared to what some people post there.
    Would it make you feel better if I had instead said "oh thats a simple mistake. Anyone would have thought that for the first time in EQ history, there is now a mount thats is usable indoors, and it is in fact a wild bear!"
    No, that doesnt make sense.

All these nerfs are really very agitating, and to see this many posts about something that is 100% a non issue and was very obviously a bug is ridiculous. Anyone should assume an indoor usable bear mount is pretty silly and certainly wasnt intended.
    The fact that you did not post to point out that the item is strange that it is usable inside, and to ask if that was indeed working as intended just makes me think you were intending to exploit a bug that you hoped none of the devs had noticed.
    Additionally, stating how much you spent to attain the item that you at the very least had a nagging suspicion was not working as intended, based on your admission of checking the forums to see any posts related to the bear mount, kind of affirms what I said.
    I am sorry for saying you were acting like an idiot, but be honest, are you more mad that the item was fixed, or that you spent so much to get it?
    Gyurika Godofwar and Hiladdar like this.
  12. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Guys, seriously, the indoor bear mount is a safety issue, not just for you but the bear as well. Daybreak had no choice but to recall them.

The good news is you have rescued a bear from a life in a crate and your generous donation ensures the continuation of the species.

Remember, always wear your helmet when riding!
  13. Schadenfreude Augur

Can you take a look at the Ranger ability Ferocious Kick X if you have the chance?
    The resist rate seems entirely too high, I've had it resisted in excess of 20 times on one random Droga trash mob.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Hiladdar like this.
  14. Vaako_SK Lorekeeper

Would appreciate this kept as an aa - or could you atleast tie it to something that's always used instead?
    - lacerating blade, vicious bite of chaos, bash, or if it has to be spells- taps, spear or terrors.

Or if you insist on keeping it on demand for power, make it instant cast, perhaps via an aa line?
    Grabatz and DebonAir like this.
  15. Jumbur Improved Familiar

My guess is that they patch both the client and the server on patch-days, would make sense that server versions and client versions should "match". At least when the patch addresses client-server-communications.
  16. p2aa Augur

Warriors have see 2 abilities of the 3 they received in EoK made nearly useless,while knights keep 2 + abilities. Can we get a new spell as a compensation ? I suggest an activate AE aggro ability that we can click when we want it, because now our AE aggro is really weak.
    Infinite_Karma likes this.
  17. Ngreth Thergn Developer

It won't make this patch, but I'll look into this. I'll check all of those BP's for missing skills they should or should not have.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  18. smash Augur

Can you also look at monk/bst darkened as well?
  19. RangerGuy Augur

Ngreth is there any truth to you taking over the dot revamp project? And if so any possible hint to when necromancers and shadow knights will be completed?

This dot revamp started almost 2 years ago now and Aristo made it sound like it would be finished early 2017, said after he finished his EoK stuff back in Oct. 2016. Yet here we are about to launch another expansion, which means no chance until February 2018 most likely, and still no word at all about the last 2 classes that this arguably impacted the most. Doing every other class first only exacerbated the debuff limit issue as all the classes who didn't use dots who got revamped now often times do.
  20. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I did say :
    Also (not directed at this poster) please post BUGS in the bug thread: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/test-update-09-12-17-new-bugs-only.243773/

Bugs can be missed in discussion threads, especially conversations as lively as this one.

No need to repost the one's we have acknowledged here already.