Test Update 09/12/2017 - Patch Notes and Discussion

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Lianeb Augur

Can we get an alliance?
  2. Ghubuk Augur

Didn't warriors get two types of harmonious?
    fransisco likes this.
  3. Tinyfeet Elder

Some common sense would have clued you in that an indoor ridable mount was probably not intended. Just sayin'...
    Gyurika Godofwar and kizant like this.
  4. Jetslam Augur

I understand the thought of trying to nerf shm dmg a bit, but this change makes zero sense. Especially the healing portion. The heal portion only affects one spell. That spell has a duration of ~1m 20s. Why do I need 10 charges if I can only cast this spell on my group 3-4 times in 4m. Am I expecting to cast my grp HoT on other groups in a raid? A manual MGB CR? This makes no sense. I'd much rather have 15 charges of DoT dmg and 5 charges of HoT so that at least one of them would be able to be used fully. Or make it so that the heal portion also affects single target heals like our reckless/mending lines.

Why not just delete the two abilities and leave us with the current form of Paralytic Spray? That's what you're basically doing, as you already said. No point deleting two abilities and changing one when you could just delete single target paralytic and rebuke and be done with it. Rebuke was speficifically meant to be a fade/knockback with no root. It didn't work all the time, but when it did, it was nice. You're turning it into Paralytic Spores so just leave that ability alone and delete the other two completely. Or be kind and add the fade component back onto it.
    Raccoo and Infinite_Karma like this.
  5. ~Mills~ Augur

So since this was ignored in the dev response to various concerns and boo boos made in this patch RIP RB.
  6. Elnn New Member

This. Exactly this. Monks aren't being given a choice here. These changes are killing the tiny bit of utility we have. Stunning Kick especially. We can't afford to not auto-skill Flying Kick.

How about leaving the damage portion of Stunning Kick and Crippling Strike baked into your new Resonant Kicks/Strikes, and just letting us keep our existing stun and snare on their own independent key-pressed buttons with no damage component to them?
  7. Laeadern Elder

Well Paladins are taking it up the rear end yet again I see.
  8. sojero One hit wonder

At least they pulled your hair while they were at it, mitigation and agro nerfs
    GoneFission and fransisco like this.
  9. Nniki Augur

Thanks, Dzarn. Could you combine the abilities and trigger the separate effects based on the target selected so we can continue just using one button?

If self or NPC targeted or no target, cast Rallying Solo (like how cure clickies work)
    If other PC targeted, cast Rallying Call

This would prevent adding another hotkey and keep AA lines simplified as well.
    Maedhros likes this.
  10. smash Augur

Would say no. Will bet some person would find a way to get around the thing. Which means abuse it.

So much better to keep them seperate. KIS = Keep it simple(the code).
    And I bet you survive an extra hotbutton.
    Beside allowing self power to get more ranks than for other people, and maybe at some point changed to seperate timers.
  11. Ethereal Augur

Seems shady not to mention, until now, the bear mount wasn't intended to be used indoors considering the amount of people who spent a ton of money to acquire one for that very purpose. I know I personally spent over $200 just to get one. Not really happy consider nothing else in the loot crate is worth anything to me.

I even checked the forums for like a week before committing to it just to see if Daybreak made a post, never did.

I've read people say that there hasn't ever been a mount usable indoors. All the more reason to state that it was a known bug early on.
  12. menown Augur

Was there item text that said this mount is special and useable indoors? I'm just curious why you thought this bear mount was special among other mounts.
  13. Aelen Augur

The monk utility procs are getting a lot of resists, can't get the stun/snare/debuff stuff to land very consistently.
  14. Nniki Augur

No idea what you're thinking of here, but if it's restricted by target, I don't see a problem.

It was already triggering two different effects that they were upgrading before: Azia and Beza.

I'm sure, but it would be better QoL with one, hence the request. It'd also keep it similar to how it was before.

That'd be nice, but let's be honest... it probably wouldn't happen. If anything, they could maybe give two different cooldown durations while sharing the same timer ID.
    Maedhros likes this.
  15. Azorin Journeyman

Necros are not SKs (we do not tank mobs and chain lifetap). RB and our lifetap dots are all we need and use. IF RB is changed to lifetap only trigger - we have the following spells:

Grasp - lol (I do not know a single necro that casts this line of spells) - 6 sec cast time!
    Dark Leech (level 100) - no current version of spell line -- trigger?
    Swift Lifedraw (slow reuse - not useful on raids) -- trigger?
    Essence Lifetap/Soulrend (sad damage)

If RB triggers off these spells only it would still give a group necro maybe 1 or 2 spells to trigger RB (maybe 1 at most and likely none in the raid game).

This change looks like an attempt to try to force necros to stop casting those pesky dots that fill up the precious spell slots that other "DPS classes" like druids and shaman need for their dots. (Yes this is another hint to say: do what you promised and consolidate our dots and fix necro group dps - then we might have a spell slot for a lifetap...)

RB is about the only thing other than our weak "tank" pet we can offer a group. Our swift dots and skele swarm is so so damage at best in today's fast paced groups where mobs die in approx 30s. Sure we can act as puller for the group - 1 mob every 2 min or so (so group waits for 1.5 min for us to pull next mob?...) Are we now supposed to be a "wizard-like chain lifetapper" to trigger RB to be of some help in the group game? That would make necro even worse DPS and still a terrible group healer. No thanks. As it is now, there is no reason to have a necro in a group of more than 2 players. In groups of 3+ characters, necro dps is worse than most non-dps classes.

If you want to change RB - make it trigger on DoTs only. (ALL DoTs!)

Necro is the DoT class (not the lifetap class).
    Maedhros likes this.
  16. Tutankamen Augur

So Devs, nobody looks happy at any of your changes and they certainly didn't appear to be needed. As a Magician and Paladin I can say I'm sick of the constant nerfs. Since you're destroying mitigation for TANKS how about restoring the last crushing nerf you gave to paladins with valorous rage? How about leaving Virulent Talon alone? How about rescinding these changes and working on content instead?
    GoneFission likes this.
  17. GoneFission Augur

So many bad ideas in these patch notes. Tutankamen is right. Why drop this hammer when there are useful things that need to be done.
    Caell and Hiladdar like this.
  18. Ethereal Augur

So your logic is that somehow one mount ever out of hundreds got 'flagged' indoors is more plausible than extra text being omitted from an item? Also, aside from anything, it's a really generic mount compared to other loot crate mounts. Many factors would lead people to assume it was intended.

Once again, zero response after more than a couple weeks from devs is more so what I'm pissed about. They obviously knew people were spending loads of money, especially on TLP servers to acquire this feature, knowing they would remove it.

I also consider 1 line in test patch notes to not be adequate.
  19. Rumstil Lorekeeper

Previously SPA 382 used base 2 to indicate the effect that was supressed. In this case you have used base1 to indicate Combat Stability. Is that intentional? What is the difference between using base1 vs base2?

Not sure if you guys use that exact lucy nomenclature for the attribute names.
    Dzarn likes this.
  20. menown Augur

Okay, I can agree that text could be omitted. But what is the selling point for this item. How was it advertised that made you think the Devs intended this to be indoor useable?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.