Test Update 09/12/2017 - Patch Notes and Discussion

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Jumbur Improved Familiar

2. Kellan Journeyman

Smite was added to Turn Undead on Test, so you have to use both at once. At max rank, you do ~158k initially, with 10% chance for an additional ~152k, and then the dot. Just an exact combination in one AA.
  3. kthehammy Elder

Thanks for the clarification!
  4. Gialana Augur

Yikes! That makes it even worse for aggro. Thanks for the clarification, though.
  5. jack of all trades Elder

Will this have any impact for raid leaders, or strictly on the group level? Obviously it'd be the bees kness being able to pick over the entire raid (EX: Naxot in Burning Woods, Warder in Skyfire, etc.)
    Gyurika Godofwar and klanderso like this.
  6. Runzen Elder

Casting Fleeting Spirit and it immediately fades ???? no buff in the short duration buff window.... nothing

[Wed Sep 13 07:52:55 2017] You begin casting Fleeting Spirit (Decay) V.
    [Wed Sep 13 07:52:55 2017] Your Fleeting Spirit of Decay fades.
    [Wed Sep 13 07:52:55 2017] Your Fleeting Spirit of Healing fades.
    [Wed Sep 13 07:52:55 2017] Your lingering magic splits with Fleeting Spirit.

Removing Paralytic Spores and Paralytic spray what is the point here ??? we had a couple reliable ways to solo, now if we get more than two we are boned,

just so i was certain i waited 20mins on test

[Wed Sep 13 08:15:16 2017] You begin casting Fleeting Spirit (Decay) V.
    [Wed Sep 13 08:15:16 2017] Your Fleeting Spirit of Decay fades.
    [Wed Sep 13 08:15:16 2017] Your Fleeting Spirit of Healing fades.
    [Wed Sep 13 08:15:16 2017] Your lingering magic splits with Fleeting Spirit.

Fleeting Spirit still did nothing,

Decreasing the
  7. Toxicaust Journeyman

Does this mean Puma > Lion now?
  8. Riou EQResource

It shouldn't, that is the specific "extra" tied to flying kick
  9. Raccoo Augur

Same thing happened to me. It is currently broken on Test.

Maxing it out on Test brings it down to 30 seconds refresh, but it it not instant cast, and does not fade mobs anymore. So they took away 1 single target VP ability (still have our first single target VP), and then changed Spirit Rebuke to the Spray that we had, and got rid of Spirit Rebuke. This is ridiculous.
    Hiladdar, Kinadorm and Runzen like this.
  10. ~Mills~ Augur

The issue I can see is that I believe the rogue and zerker versions proc off much more than just the one button monks have. Other clicks, procs, etc can proc their versions.
    Elnn likes this.
  11. Karhar Dream Crusher

But now i can't battle frenzy with smite and get 1+ million damage...
    Metanis and Sindaiann like this.
  12. Runzen Elder

- Shaman - Extended Spirit of the Puma will no longer extend the duration of Roar of the Lion. Whats the point here ??
    it would appear so as its only lasting 36secs and has a 1min refresh.
  13. Thrillho Augur

So we're losing a significant amount of DPS if we want to stun or eye gouge. Or is thunderkick tied to the other kicks too and I just haven't noticed? It's changed so many times.
    Elnn likes this.
  14. Phrovo1 Augur

I think that it's still only tied to Flying Kick, don't think that I saw thunder kicks proc off the extra kick at all when I was messing with kick/round kick
    Elnn likes this.
  15. Runzen Elder

Totally agree
  16. Thrillho Augur

Looks like we're losing some utility then. I don't think I'd ever sacrifice that much DPS for a stun or eye gouge ability. Stun / EG would both result in less DPS from a mob, but at the price of less DPS from the monk. That'll mean the mob is staying alive longer, thus doing more damage overall.

If Thunderkick procced off of all the kicks (kick, round, flying), and Heel reduced all kicks, then using an alternate ability would be viable. Still less damage as FK would be the highest of them anyway, but maybe the stun / EG would make the tradeoff viable in situations.

It's been a while since I've looked into Thunderkick though and I might be mistaken. I also won't be able to parse it myself 'til tonight at the earliest, so I might just be wrong altogether about the DPS output.
    Elnn likes this.
  17. Riou EQResource

Well, you will get eye gouges because Tiger Claw is best of the punches?

The eye gouge effect is stronger then previous procing version (as you will get full effect instead of like 1/4 effect) so if you only used stunning kicks, your attack debuff portion will be greater than before.

You will basically lose the stun though.

if you only used stunning kick you should be:
    +gaining dps
    +gaining attack debuff (value+reliability)
    -losing stun

if you only used eye gouge you should be:
    +gaining dps
    =attack debuff should stay the same
  18. Phrovo1 Augur

it does indeed have a chance to proc off synergy (as you might have known already) however after round kicking a mob for 20 minutes with an AT for thunder kicks up, it didn't go off at all.

tiger claw looks like it procs the attack debuff 100% of the time though, 400 attack debuff with pretty much 100% up time
  19. Riou EQResource

Monks used to be that way, but got nerfed awhile ago
  20. Thrillho Augur

Ah, I got the Kick -> Snare mixed up. I thought it was Kick -> Gouge. Alright, so we get a constant eye gouge and only have to choose between DPS (Flying Kick), Stun (Round Kick), or Snare (Kick).

Even still, tying Thunderkick to FK, RK, and K should be done as they're all on the same timer. And tying Heel to these should be done as well.
    Elnn likes this.