VP key ground spawns remind me why I quit this game for half a decade.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Montag, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Montag Augur

Make them 5 mins. There is no benefit to having this bottleneck on a server with DZs.

People are doing unhealthy things trying to get these ground spawns and they're competing against documented cheaters who are selling them for multiple Kronos.

Also it is not even consistent with the original design where the ground spawns were a non-issue and trak teeth were the bottleneck.

We have 12 weeks per expac to enjoy content in-era and this is just driving people away. Guilds will fall over this as people burn out putting in unhealthy hours trying to get these.

Make them five minutes.
  2. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

Remember when the forum rules said posting threads that already have a topic on the board is against the rules? Yeah I guess you totally missed that huh?
  3. Risiko Augur

While I agree that the ground spawns are ridiculous at this point in the game, I do not agree that guilds will fall because of it.

Plain and simple, VP is completely 100% skippable. It is not needed to progress at all.

Everything a guild needs in the way of raid content to progress in to Velious raid content is outside of VP. VP is nothing more than a "hey look what I got" zone with very few items that actually are worth the effort.

Guilds that are struggling to get in to VP should get a clue and stop. It's a poorly itemized zone with a ridiculously stupid key quest. It's totally not worth the effort required.

Once you get to NTOV in Velious, you'll be like VP what?

There's only 56 days left until Velious opens on Agnarr. After that, you won't give a flying kobold butt about VP. Seriously. Let it go.

Go work on Epics.
  4. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

VP is totally skippable. But guilds that are not able to get in will still fail. Peoples perception is everything, and a guild that does not get into VP in era, some people will see that guild as a failure and they WILL lose members. It sucks, but it happens. If you think ZERO guilds will fail as a direct result of VP, I think you are wrong.
    Montag likes this.
  5. Trident Elder

There's only 146 days left until Luclin opens on Agnarr. After that, you won't give a flying kobold butt about ToV.

Why login and play the game if you aren't going to try to consume the current expansions content?
    Wayylon likes this.
  6. Communist Puppy Augur

Why play on a server where you will be done with all the progression within 9 months? Some people find some stuff fun, some cant stand the idea of being trapped in pop forever.
  7. Roxxlyy Augur

At this time, there are no plans to change the spawn rate for the VP key.
    Illusory likes this.
  8. Finchy Augur

clickies, sir....clickies. No one ever forgets about clickies.
  9. Kahna Augur

My guild has already lost people because of VP keying. We had a wait list on every raid we did in Classic, even up to the very end. Only 50 or so people survived the keying process. While we still have stragglers, when I look at the names of most of the folks who don't have their keys I realized they haven't logged on in a week, or two, and likely won't again.

While I completely agree that VP is poorly itemized and thoroughly unimpressive zone that is absolutely not required for progression. It's also all we have. Kunark dragons are just buffed classic dragons, and you can kill everything outside of VP in a single evening, with time to pop into FM between dragons to spawn a pick or two for people working on Chardok quests. The sad part is the spawning of a FM pick is more likely to get someone a useful piece of gear than killing the dragons will.
    Guilds that aren't in VP will lose members to boredom, as people will slowly stop logging on because they have no motivation to raid for loot no one wants. In VP the one or two chase items help keep people going. Just waiting for Velious will cause attrition, guilds not in VP will see more attrition than guilds in VP.

Not that it matters, as they have now officially stated what we already knew, they aren't changing it. Good luck everyone, I'm just glad I got my key done before it got this bad. Lesson learned for next TLP. VP key first, levels second, avoid the crowds.
  10. Risiko Augur

That was a really stupid analogy. Half a year compared to a month and a half... really? Try harder.
  11. Risiko Augur

You say that as a blanket statement as if ALL guilds are completely maxed out on all raid gear and just sitting around waiting to farm VP.

Your guild got everything in Kunark short of VP in under 30 days of its release. It's only been 27 days since Kunark opened on Agnarr, and your guild completed 90% of the raid content for the expansion.

Even if they made keying for VP a lot easier to complete, you would have 56 days left in Kunark. People would be right back here on the forums complaining about there being nothing left to do in Kunark in not time.

The reality is that you are finally seeing how little raid content there actually is in these older expansions compared to what you thought there was back in era.

The thing that made them feel like there was a lot more content was the competition between guilds to consume it.

Now that you have free uninterrupted access to 90% of the raid content, you are finishing it in less than a month of its release.

This is why modern day raid content has artificial barriers and massive treadmills of content to complete them.

Don't get me wrong. I prefer the free range access to raid content when and where I want it on my schedule. I love that part of TLP. But, at the same time, I realize and accept the downside of it. That's where my massive pool of alts come in lol.
    Kattria Minx likes this.
  12. Montag Augur

I'm sorry to hear that. I think it's a really bad decision. I hope you will reconsider.

The current situation is directly causing toxic gameplay situations, encouraging cheaters and rmt'rs and causing players to get burnt out and just disheartened with the game. :(

Thanks for the response though. :)
  13. Death Strudel Augur

No, it's just causing most of us to not do that content. VP is lousy anyway and there's nothing from there that will affect Velious, so just skip it.
  14. Trident Elder

The sarcasm of my post obviously flew over head. That was in no way meant to be a realistic analogy? lol. People should have the ability to enjoy the current expansion's content. "Just wait until xxx expansion, it'll make all that loot useless anyway" no way? really? People should have the goal of achieving the best gear they are capable of given the current available content, not what's to come.
  15. Montag Augur

Both are true, many are skipping it. But many are also struggling to get these infernal ground spawns.
  16. Renshu Augur

Telling everyone to "skip Kunark' seems silly on a couple of fronts.

Its progression on a progression server that has little progression compared to other servers as it is time locked. There are only 5 full expansions to be released on this server. People should just 'skip' 20% of progression over something that could easily be fixed? Going by that way of thinking, why not just skip straight to Time and not have any progression? Time gear is gonna be > everything else so everything else is a waste of time! As a business, is it wise to have people 'skip out' on a month's worth of subscription? Maybe they will skip out permanently to another game that actually gives a crap about the community's opinion and/or cheating (BLATANT cheating at that).
    Montag likes this.
  17. Risiko Augur

It's only been 27 days since Kunark opened on Agnarr. You have 56 days left until Velious opens. I think that the panic going on right now is a little premature.
  18. Death Strudel Augur

So, do you keep sticking your finger in that electric socket, or do you just do what a grown adult should do and pick one of 1) Keep on truckin, hope for the best, 2) Decide the ROI on this is insufficient to justify pursuing the item, 3) Best - stop paying for your account and play another game?

I mean what's the point in continuing this further, they hath spoken. By also not doing anything about the botting/warping/cheating nonsense, let us also assume they support those people.
  19. Risiko Augur

Not one single person in this thread said "skip Kunark". Not one. Nobody. None. Nope.

What was said was to "skip VP until later".

If you want to continue working on getting your guild keyed for VP, by all means, continue working on the key. Nobody is telling you that you have to stop.

But, complaining that it is unobtainable after only 27 days in to the expansion is irrational at best. We are only 1/3rd of the way through this expansion cycle. You have 56 more days until the next expansion opens.
  20. Trident Elder

No panic here. Been keyed since 3 days after release and have everything worth a damn from the snoozefest zone. I'm making the point that telling people/guilds who are struggling on these ground spawns to just skip the only raid zone this expansion provides for 3 months is laughable.