Just delete Weapon Stances already

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Millianna, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Millianna Augur

How many more weapon stance netfs do we need?

- - Defensive Proficiency: Reduced the defensive percentage on this stance from 20% to 12% and the shield block percentage from 15% to 10%.
    - - Dual-Wielding Proficiency: Reduced the defensive percentage on this stance from 15% to 6%, added the 20% proc chance bonus (equivalent to Defensive Proficiency).
    - - Two-Handed Proficiency: This stance now suppresses the effects of Combat Stability, reducing your effective armor class.

Enough said.
  2. Maedhros High King

Those numbers are all still greater than zero.
    fransisco likes this.
  3. ~Mills~ Augur

Tanks stances were brought down while at the sametime everyone including tanks were brought up some from the 26% increase before softcap ac. So you lost 8% mitigation from stances but gained X% back from the increased softcap. Its not even but its not a pure loss either.

Tanks also still have dps mode at their disposal they just likely wont be able to have their cake and eat it too by tanking and dpsing at the same time in almost all content.
  4. Millianna Augur

There is absolutely no need to use defensive stance in group content with a real group. Even a wizard can tank mobs. That's because everything dies in less than 30 seconds. So what is the big deal if I can tank group trash with DPS stance?
  5. Warpeace Augur

Because someone else could not and cried.
  6. Millianna Augur

You are a rude person. If a non tank class can tank trash mobs at max dps, what is so wrong with a tank using DPS stance?
  7. nantalbus Elder

10 to 1 odds it was more to do with raids then group stuff. They didn't like that tanks could go into a dps stance and still tank raid mobs no problem. So what do they do they nerf the stance so you don't want to be in a dps stance if your going be tanking in a raid.
  8. p2aa Augur

Are you raiding EoK ? Because a knight or warrior tanking a raid add with a 2H will die in no time. And even if you were living, that would be completely stupid to do it as you put lot more work on your healer
    So when we tank in raid we use shield and board and aren't in DPS stance. We use DPS stance in raid when we aren't tanking.
  9. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Some EoK-trashmobs can currently be tanked by a raidgeared wizard(with a shield, and use of burn-AAs), some of the time I have to root-nuke or kite. Giants for example hit too hard to be tanked by a wizard reliably. Multiple mobs is no go!

This is with a merc-healer though, might be different with a real healer, but if you already have a group then tanking with a wizard is not the optimal choice anyway.

Maybe the softcap raise will change that, but I doubt it...

Wizards are not going to replace warriors anytime soon...:rolleyes:
  10. nantalbus Elder

raided some eok but i am not in a top end guild more of a lower end raiding guild. but i have been playing eq for years. have learned that a lot of nerfs to def/dps aa come form some small group of people finding a way to use said aa to do stuff that they shouldn't be doing. So I wouldn't be surprised if some uber end raiding guild found a way to let their tanks use the high end dps stance to tank and get more dps out of them.
  11. Millianna Augur

I tend to find that real healers slow on healing casters. Couple of healer mercs does an ok job.
  12. Gnomeland Augur

You still can. The only difference is that now you're as bad as a wizard doing it.
  13. fransisco Augur

The problem here is that people are talking about tanking group trash mobs in RAID GEAR

Jumbur likes this.
  14. sojero One hit wonder

No it is called global wide rare drop gear sir!
  15. Millianna Augur

EoK t2 gear is good enough to tank most EoK provided you have done time camping augs. Raid gear has nothing to do with it.
  16. Jumbur Improved Familiar

In pure stats you may be right, since AC took a big jump in EoK, but raid-focus still makes a big difference, as well as raid shields.

I would guess that EoK tier 2 is similar? to TBM raid gear when it come to tanking-ability, But I sure wasn't tanking anything with ease in EoK at release as a TBM raid-geared wizard.
  17. Millianna Augur

My gear sucks, and i can tank EoK trash mobs. Names are different story. However, there's no need to use DPS stance on names if group is putting out enough damage.
  18. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Gear should have no relevance really in the overall tankability.
    We loose, overall and regardless of gear.
    Sure, raidgear allows us still to "own" group content, but raid events should be that much harder - which as usual hurts those the most that are still trying to progress.
    Throughout the expansion, they've done their "best" to make progressing harder and harder for those at least that were not "fast enough".
    Even though i am not "suffering" as much because we were already done with those hard parts, that policy still sucks bigtime.

I have to look at the actual values once this is live (i do not bother anymore with Test much),
    but for now it looks as if Warriors gain nothing (we already are at 25.9% scaled softcap) but loose like the rest.
    And when i look at my hit / DI distribution it's already mitigated so far "to the left" (i.e. DI = 1,2 or 3),
    that i don't really care much about higher softcaps.
    I care very much though about mitigation/reduction of damage of a successful hit...
  19. fransisco Augur

Umm what...??
    If you are not a raider, grouping is your ENTIRE GAME!
  20. Jumbur Improved Familiar

But if you are a raider, then pretending gear doesn't matter at all and that you are posessing "mad skillzzz" instead, is your ENTIRE FORUM GAME! :p

Seriously though, gear does make a difference. Approaching every encounter using every ability you have(raid-style) also makes a difference.

For example: Not every dps-player is using raid-burns(or group-equivalent) on group trash, but if you do, then it does make the game look easier.
    fransisco likes this.