The Devs aren't doing nothing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by snailish, Sep 12, 2017.

1. snailish Augur

I just skimmed over the latest test server patch... wow.

We know EQ doesn't have a huge dev team anymore, and yet they keep doing lots of good things. The scope of this next patch is pretty impressive. Lots of little details to think about.

Maybe some things some of us won't like, but then we can forum post about it!

I think back to how I felt progression was handled for Sleeper/Combine, the pitfalls of Vulak/Fippy and how refined the concept has become with the options out there right now. It's impressive. It's fun playing on progression right now (though I recognize keying issues are a problem for many).

I haven't played much of the live game the past few years, but I will add that I like the direction with EoK. It will probably take another TSS expac to get me back into live game (maybe a remote possibility of that ever happening, but let's have dreams), but I am confident there is good stuff to do in the 80+ game.

It's a no-brainer that there are things about this game we'd all like to change. We even have more than 2 forum posters agree about a theoretical change from time to time. Ideas we thought would never be in the game 10 years ago (offline trader...) are, because the devs do listen and they want the game to stay successful.

I posted this because we get into a bit of a negative venting forum loop at times.

TLDR: EQ devs want the game to succeed. They work to that end, we players may not always see it... but there is no logic in a game dev not trying to make their game better. Latest patch on test proves that effort in my opinion. Yay EQ.
    Jumbur likes this.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

True! I don't always agree with everything they do, but I do recognize their effort to improve and fine tune the game.
    snailish likes this.
  3. Yanster Augur

So , invested 90$ in points . Finaly got the bear mount . Getting nerfed . Thanks ! ffs :
  4. Mwapo Augur

Debatable.
  5. Aurastrider Augur

Maybe on the TLP side this patch is good but on the live side it is a nerf fest. Only good change I can see is the ability to search your inventory, bank and properties from a single window now. But this is in true form I guess considering a new expansion is set to release soon in theory. They like to break down classes just before a new expansion in an attempt to add new or improved abilities with the new expansion to bait people into buying it. I guess this is sales 101. Make a current model look inferior to a new model in hopes that people will buy the latest and greatest.
  6. Seliris New Member

I'm guessing they fixed the bottleneck key issues then?
  7. Dumbledorf Lorekeeper

Yeah they shipping special edition tissues for the complainers to dry their tears.
  8. Lorong New Member

For the devs out there, here is the list of TLP matters - you can tick them off as you fix them:

- A crackdown is needed on those who intentionally block content, it is causing a leak in subs (see Lockjaw the deserted server)
    - Removing of flags for all expansion zones - 3 months unlocks so there is no need for bottlenecks
    - Caster spells don't scale as well as melee weapons, you can fix that by adding Spell Crit % and Dot Crit% on caster weaps to be more in line with melee
  9. Lankie Augur

I was so excited to troll the OP about using a double negative I could barely wait for the page to load. Damnit.
    Finchy, Risiko and Nolrog like this.