9-12-17 test patch notes = more massive nerfs?!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Maedhros, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Tutankamen Augur

As if Magicians needed another nerf.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Sancus Augur

Lol no it doesn't, pets are far too broken on raids to use even 30 counters in any period of time that could remotely be considered "burst." It's pretty common to still see VT on your pet 5 minutes into an event.
  3. Gnomeland Augur

But it doesn't change the fact that in theory, it reduces magician burst DPS, although that burst, might be more like in the 5 minute range rather than the 60 seconds range.
  4. Sancus Augur

They really felt Mages were doing 1.5k too much DPS over 5 minutes? I think that's unlikely.
  5. Piemastaj Augur

Only thing this hurts is the group mage, most events pets do not even proc VT over the entire duration of the event for raids lol.

Dumb change is dumb.
  6. just_some_bard Lorekeeper

In market-based economies, consumers vote with their dollars. If you produce a product consumers don't want, said products die, and other ones grow. You all are pushing your consumers away, little by little. This isn't WoW, where class change and massive overhauls occur frequently. This is an 18 year old game with a very limited playerbase. Stop with our game.
  7. Phrovo1 Augur

8. Hekaton Augur

So dealing with all the nonsense on AB with server stability and housing disappearing (can't place trophies without risk of losing them but you fixed trophy collector ranks buhh) and now everyone is getting borked across the board. Haven't heard a peep from the producer (producer letter WRU) in months and this is gonna get us hyped for a new expansion?

I know the mentality is we're playing in your world so it is what it is but you're gonna lose a lot of people if you keep up with these loyalty tests and they ain't gonna reinvest in other DBG products.
    Gaol, Jumbur and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  9. Nennius Curmudgeon

On these forums ?
  10. Aurastrider Augur

The good ol' bait and switch tactic we see every year. I honestly cant say I am surprised. Nerf the hell out of the game before a new expansion so all us EQ Addicts continue to buy the newest expansion in hopes that there will be a new AA or more ranks to restore our class power. They have used this trickery on us more times than I can count and considering we are still here it appears to be working as intended.
    Lloren, Metanis and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  11. Mediik Augur

We were talking about this patch in guild tonight after raids. The overwhelming consensus was this entire patch is a big dumpster fire.

I can't see anything from this patch the makes the game I'm playing TODAY, better. Nerf Nerf Nerf (Yes I'm ignoring the Find Item window, I might like that!). I'm sure it's all part of some grand plan to get things ready for next expansion. Which.. oh btw.. hasn't been mentioned in any official capacity since... December 2016. Next expansion rumors are all speculation.

The Optimist in me wants to believe this is what they meant to say:
    "These are changes we're making to classes to get ready for next expansion." NOPE
    "We're adjusting classes to accommodate future plans" NOPE

The pessimist in me thinks this is their intent:
    "We're nerfing some of your skills so we can make AAs for next expansion to sell back to you"
    "We actually don't have another expansion but we don't want to say anything for as long as possible"

Instead. We get no reasons. Just a dumpster fire. Enjoy
    [IMG]

I guess they could still pull this out of the "fire". It's only test right? haha
    Lloren, Vrinda, Venau and 3 others like this.
  12. Azorin Journeyman

Nerf Day! What we look forward to every month!

Nothing about consolidation of SK and Necro dots!!!

Some interesting changes but mostly blatant or disguised nerfs.

RB for Necro has always been 100% uptime - just reuse AA when it expires. Now the AA does nothing as most necros I know do not even load a single lifetap spell needed to trigger the "new" RB. Just refund the AA as it it now pointless.

If all dots lines were consolidated a year or more ago this change might make sense. DoTs for Nec/SK are still stacking so Nec still need 2-3 spell sets to get decent DPS. I use Impose not a lifetap to trigger GoDR.

-- Soul Flay change: ???? NOT A NERF! Something Good - The world has ended! --- Very neglected aka useless AA now at least does something.
    Lloren, Maedhros and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  13. kizant Augur

Correction here. I forgot that our nukes already had extra penalties. Wizards at least we're never receiving this benefit in the first place so yay other classes having to suffer too!
  14. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Well, either this is a bad prank
    or it's a scheme to solve the chat-lag issues caused by underpowered software through... less players.

Do i read this correctly?
    Tanks mitigate less with stances but "everyone" has a higher AC soft cap now which makes "all" mitigate better?
    (Warriors already scale to 25.96% on live though, so if anything it can only affect non-warriors?)
    We want rangers to tank bosses and adds now, do we?
    Because you drive away knights?

Oh, and - provided my feeble understanding is even remotely correct - coupled with tanks... tanking less good, they also nerf the cleric's quiet miracle BIG TIME.
    Increase reuse from 5 or 7 minutes to 20, AND make it cost as much mana as it restores, so no more use on self after death???
    While they're are at it, why not also remove heals from Clerics alltogether?
    I mean it's not as if guilds that haven't beaten EoK T3.1 (Reaper/Snowblaze) yet make it to "ever" beat it before a level increase, can they?

Just exactly who in the dev team is smoking what?
    It looks as if the typical design-meeting goes somewhat like this:
    Designer1: "we need ideas for the new expansion - let's hear them"
    Dev2: "we could do the usual... give the players a 0.03% increase in "power" per level."
    tuning-dev3: "no that would make the players too overpowered. i have already reached limits for my mob's DI-values. see for how long noone has beaten vault, not to mention Reaper events"
    *they pretend to think it over*
    intern1: "well, you could do it like the food industry and put more air into the package to charge the same for less"
    Suit1: "Intern, that's brilliant! we charge them twice. and along the way, because most guilds have beat our content too quickly, we make it even harder for the remaining ones by taking away power from them. that should teach them to slack so much AND give them incentive to buy the next expansion despite any issues we have with our chat-system! Just brilliant, intern! here is your assignment to lead-designer!"
    Designer1: "Well, you heard the new boss - lets make it so!"
    *a very relieved quiet poor sod who is responsible for the chat-system leaves the room with a barely hidden smile because he knows that the outrage over this will divert attention away from him for a little while*
  15. Maedhros High King

I would give the necro related part of this 10 likes if I could.
    IF they had already revamped the dots, it would be possible to load the lifetaps that were previously not necessary to load at all. As it is, a necro has to run 3 Pyre lines, 2 Annihilation lines, 2 Ignite lines, 2 venom lines, 3 wounds lines etc.

As far as the Sk portion.... Sks are already the most powerful class in game, they are receiving by far the least nerf to harmonious and then an actual boost to soulflay?! /boggle
    Azorin likes this.
  16. Raccoo Augur

- - The window allows you to search for any item or augment in your immediate possession, in your bank, in your shared bank, in a mercenary slot, in a key ring, or in a real estate that you own with the same filtering options as the bazaar search window.
    Will it really work on the broken real estate that keeps losing my anchors every patch?
  17. Drusi Augur

You guys are giving developers too much credit to think that there are reasons for every change.

Sure some of these nerfs are your classic before expansion nerfs. That is truly despicable but understandable for business reasons.

However, most of those AA consolidations were made without any thought to the implications to real players.

Do you think a single developer on Daybreak's budget has time to think?

It is "oh that looks good, lets do it, basically "wham bam thank you mam".

I am reminded of a fairy tale where some diety/devil tries to do good deeds but ends up making things worse.
  18. Moege Augur

Plus alliance + dico + swarm pet + impose for blood + flesh to poison

Forget about necro dot revamp it is never going to happen, promise was that when eok spells was settled necro lines would be looked at, the next expansion is nearly here and still nothing. (as an example the sk mortal coil buff only works on mob targeted yet other mobs hitting the sk still reduces the buff counter, yet again wam bam thankyou. good enough to do a change only halfway)

I am livid about this change, it is unnecessary. Would love to see a dev trying to keep all this running while doing raid mechanics. It is an absurd amount of spellset switching that I am willing to put up with.
    Azorin likes this.
  19. Jumbur Improved Familiar

My guess: They accidentally tuned mobs in the next expansion to hit WAY too hard, And this was the easiest way to make up for it. Should make it easier to handle current and earlier expansions at least.

The new "find"-functionality is one of the perks that came from moving the character-data into a real database back in TBM, I guess. :)

Still hoping this patch will help with the AB-troubles...:confused:
  20. Aderahl<RF> New Member

I love how these weasels are pretending to improve RB a little bit by making it permanent, while at the same time basically taking it out of the game.
    Vrinda, Maedhros and Azorin like this.