Test Update 09/12/2017 - Patch Notes and Discussion

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Okay, first off, ditto on the paladin nerf, it was a joke already and now even worse. Revisit that.

Second:
    No thank you. Please keep them as two separate abilities. There are times when you want them to fire independently.
  2. josh Augur

Well, I'm still mad about the nerfs but this is freakin awesome. I just got on and tried it out and it's the greatest thing ever. My only complaint is i just finished my artisan prize and i really, really, really could have used this.

EDIT: before anybody says it i know about /output, this is just obviously way better lol
    Dzarn, klanderso and fransisco like this.
  3. Nniki Augur

This change overall hurt our Selo's Kick ability.

Selo's Kick had a range of 50'... regular kick does not.

Plus, with the kick ability, we now suffer from weirdness where the ability doesn't fire yet receives a cooldown timer with error messages stating "You cannot see target." or "Your target is too far away, get closer!".

I'd rather have Selo's Kick back the way it was.
  4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

[IMG]

Dumb buttons less dumb. Woo!
    Hiladdar likes this.
  5. menown Augur

Tested Embalmer's Carapace. The 100 hit limit was ticking down whenever I casted a lifetap spell (either Hemorrhage Essence or procs from Bestow Doom Strike). This is not intended.

Tested Reluctant Benevolence. RB used to work with any detrimental spell that did damage. Now it only works with a couple lifetap line of spells (Hemorrhage Essence, Soulrend, and Marmat's Swift Lifedraw). I don't know if this is intended or not. A 25% proc rate on a spell you rarely, if ever cast is not worth the AA.
    GoneFission, Tinyfeet and Maedhros like this.
  6. Nniki Augur

Bards are back to not having a mana recovery option. Bards could use rallying call on themselves after a rez. This is no longer possible.
    JolineSZ likes this.
  7. mackal Augur

I meant for the wider community, they may not find the file to be as obvious as you and I do :p
  8. Nniki Augur

Don't forget bards!
    Riou likes this.
  9. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

The timing of a massive nerf patch is ill timed. You just told us all in the past week to 10 days there are no plans to offer a discount to a years sub like was offered last year. Now all of our subs are about to run out by the end of this month. I don't think you thought this through very well at all.

The pressure is on. This years expac had best be something special, man. Like as in if we are just going to buy back our power you're about to bleed active subs. Seriously, what the hell are you thinking?
  10. Raccoo Augur

So you can no long cast single perfected levitation? I use this on my rebuff key for two reasons. Not everyone wants levitation. And using it on raids after a wipe, can make it take longer to go into fast regen mode so I can use tranquil blessing for buffs.
  11. Bigstomp Augur

Except wade into battle. I thought wade was fine. You only used it if you wanted to tank a ton of trash, and it depended on you pressing it. The expanse stuff I always thought was dumb.
  12. Pano Augur

Cleric's Shroud of Prayer isn't working correctly, it's considered a buff and does not tick away as it should when in PoK, Lobby or guild hall. If it's supposed to be like QM 5mins debuff, it should behave like it.
  13. smash Augur

You have mentioned 3 zones where buffs does not count down.
  14. mackal Augur

They can still flag them to tick down though.
  15. Brohg Augur

There needs to be a bit of "giveth" to go with this "taketh away".

The shm TBM progressive ability has, besides its large mana cost, the unique additional burden of not stacking with regular support abilities (for reference, Talisman of the Leopard and Talisman of the Faithful. It overwrites both.). It was more powerful than those two, and so seemed like a fair tradeoff to active shaman, who could expend the mana and attention to keep the Roar on two groups. Now they can't even keep it on their one group.

It would be appropriate to pair this plain nerf with slot changes so that Roar of the Lion works (for half the time and on half the players that it used to) in tandem with more regular abilities.
  16. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Overall i've got to say this surely is a much belated April's fool, isn't it?
    I've got to give you:
    You got me! i was seriously believing that you actually made these changes to go live.
    Kudos, even if it's way out of season for such... pranks!

But on a closer look:
    Nah...
    It's obvious you cannot be serious with this going live!
    *puh!*
    Hiladdar and Infinite_Karma like this.
  17. Raccoo Augur

Just logged into test and saw the changes to shaman in action.

Spiritual Rebuke (live) is currently instant cast, chance to lose agro on multiple mobs (also chance to blind yourself). Unresisted as far as I have seen.
    Spiritual Rebuke (test) is currently a load of crap. Casting time, was resisted on my first cast on a dark blue skeleton in Lcea, while I had both Focus of Arcanum & Dampen Resistance going! It roots mobs but does NOT fade them, so how is this different than our Spray??

Fleeting Spirit - Nerfed both the duration, and counters, but I'm unsure of exactly how many counters (is it 5, is it 10? WTF does 5-10 mean??) I can't currently test this because it is broken on Test.

You begin casting Fleeting Spirt (Decay) V.
    Your Fleeting Spirit Decay fades. (this happens immediately)
    Your Fleeting Spirit of Healing fades. (also happens immediately)
    Your lingering magic splits with Fleeting Spirit.

If it is 5 counters, then Ranger's Scarlet Cheetah has the same number, and lasts longer than Shaman's main self DPS boost.

- Shaman - Extended Spirit of the Puma will no longer extend the duration of Roar of the Lion.
    This means we can't keep this going indefinitely anymore. Only lasts 41 seconds, refresh is 1 minute. Only two real adps abilities for shaman in melee groups, and you already nerfed the epic a few patches ago...so of course you nerf this as well.
  18. Kleros New Member

Leave this alone, Druids still have their spell twincast and Improved Twincasts AA of 18 twincasts for their damage spells. If you want to nerf it, just lower the counts from 20 to 16 and still give the shaman the FREEDOM to either use those counts as DoTs or HoTs....
  19. Evurkvest Augur

I hope you realize how Death's Malaise are used with Combust Bones to slow non undead mobs.

Current way to slow non undeads:
    Scent of Terris (needed to get Combust Bones to stick reliably) -> Combust Bones (to make it undead) -> Death's Malaise

New way of slowing non undeads:
    Scent of Terris -> Combust Bones -> Scent of Terris

Make sure the later is still possible and dont mess with the refresh time of Scent of Terris.

Others have said it but still, there is no need to make this a passive ability. The duration is longer than the refresh time. And also, you are making this AA useless as taps are hardly touched in todays game.
    GoneFission likes this.
  20. Deillusional Augur

Are there updates to help with the AB server, or is it going to get, yet again, worse?
    Jumbur likes this.