9-12-17 test patch notes = more massive nerfs?!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Maedhros, Sep 12, 2017.

1. kizant Augur

It was kinda hidden:
    - Mana Users - Spell Casting Mastery no longer reduces the mana cost of AA abilities that have a mana cost.
    Reht likes this.
  2. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

3. Tinyfeet Elder

4. svann Augur

That was sarcasm.
    I didnt even notice the nerf it was so inconsequential. I use the heck out of fading memories and never have a problem with it. Even before I became a raiding bard it was not an issue in any kind of general sense.
  5. svann Augur

Well yea I agree that that part sucks.
  6. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Did you start raiding after September 2015?

Sure in day-to-day gameplay you won't need to spam Fading Memories. However, traveling through a mix of undead or caster mobs requires the spam. A raid-geared bard with better tankability and larger mana pool can weather most hits so they can time their clicks at more spaced out intervals and over a longer duration. This can explain your perception.

I suppose a dev would retort that Fading Memories isn't designed to be a bard-version of Shroud of Stealth.
  7. Lianeb Augur

Bards are going to divide by 0 when they cast it on themselves after death and create a blackhole in the universe
  8. Fooba Augur

Don't worry, we will regain the nerfed weapon stances power through the next expansion AA's.
    Pano likes this.
  9. Hekaton Augur

shaman got hit with the nerfs too on roots, fleeting spirit, and roar of the lion and they usually ignore our class when they pull this "health of the game" nonsense. they're just trying to get people off live servers and on to TLP
  10. svann Augur

Yea I have only been raiding since may 2017, but I dont understand why that you ask that.

If I have to run through a bunch of see invis I dont spam fades, I just train them a bit then fade. As long as Im not running over anyone its fine. I dont see how a spam will do more than that. Sometimes if there is a mix of undead then normals I may hit fade before I get to the normals, but more likely Ill just hit invis aa to get past the normals. I really cant think of a place where I'd have to hit fade so often that id run low.

Aside from that initial snark, Im serious now. Id really like to know if im not understanding the problem.
  11. Zunnoab Augur

I am sick and tired of this.
    You know I largely stopped playing my bard since their nonsense two years ago. Now they are going after clerics too.

I am SICK OF IT. Nerfed dps several times since expansion launch, then kicked us three months back in progression and have the immature audacity to put lol in the Captain names. Do they even care? Or is it just that the mid and low tier players mean dirt to them? Oh and by the way, the warcaster change mean NOTHING. If you ever see the nuke they are now staggering, you wouldn't have the dps to beat the event timer anyway. Enveloping Smoke itself is insanely overpowered. The event, as well as Vault and probably others past it have absolutely outrageous regeneration. It's hilarious the mender mobs even exist in that event. What do they even do, when they mobs all heal for many millions at all times anyway? Ultra "lol" that hp locking mobs can't even be aggroed on pop at first either. We are close to getting it down again, but there is nothing "lol" about this. It makes me sick.

They have been systematically attacking the ability for raid forces to function this entire year. I am fed up with it. If this goes through I really hope people incessantly complain.

People look at upcoming patches with a snide, what will they take away now mentality. Stop taking things away from the players. They took away Lure from bards, all kinds of other improvements added over the years. Now this?

Having a few lifelines to get back on your feet is a good thing. It's nice. IT MADE THE GAME MORE FUN.

Seriously, my confidence in the direction of this game is DEAD now if this goes live. If I had any bit of sense I'd have cancelled my accounts the moment "lol" appeared in the Queen captain names. Now, with an alliance, we are nearly beating that event again. Now more attacks on the ability to even function.

I am not happy. I have never literally felt I had no confidence in the development team. There is no excuse though. Even discounting everything else, "lol" is the last straw. Players that have been playing for 5, 10, 15 years even more and they are dirt to you? You think that's funny, having people finally progress then changing the game over and over to kick them back, not even to mention those struggling to function at all to begin with.

STOP ATTACKING THE ABILITY TO PLAY THIS GAME.

STOP TAKING AWAY FUN ABILITIES.

If not for my happiness with our alliance, and if not for my dedication to my guild. I would be done.
    Orthodox and Tutankamen like this.
  12. Tutankamen Augur

I couldn't agree more. Seriously the developer that spent all the time working on 'fixing' stuff that wasn't broken , or 'balancing' stuff that wasn't unbalanced, rather than thinking of more features, more content for this game... like someone else said I have no words. Sorry... it's just the truth. Not one person I can think of would want any of these changes, or thinks they are merited. Everyone I've talked to on my server is upset about it. Just some people aren't vocal about it. Who is this even aimed at? Certainly not the folks coming back into the game after years, dying non-stop to EoK content. Unreal.
  13. Gnomeland Augur

You know guys... For every one of these changes, there likely IS a reason for it that you don't know about, having to do with top end raiding guilds abusing the mechanic in one way or another. That's what most balance changes come down to, unless they're very obvious like Drogba's videos, but even that had to do with a top end raid player showing what can be done...

Of course, with the way the developers work, the change could've been planned since last year, as opposed to being caused by any recent action. Not that I agree with any specific change, but chances are, they're all caused by a past issue that one developer or another personally saw.
    Sindaiann and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  14. Tunies New Member

Why can't yall just leave stuff alone? and I want to know who is going to tank the over powered mobs when all the stuff that helps the SK, pally and warrior is taken down to the point of being worthless ?
  15. segap Augur

Odds are, this is for the same reason as the nerfs that happen this time every year. They're far enough along in the next expansion that they're realizing certain abilities don't mesh well with their new content. They seem to discover new things every year around this time that they seemingly didn't know about.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  16. Gnomeland Augur

Also possible, and the changes that reduce or bring together ability lines, are obviously targeted for the next expansion, since they don't want classes to have a million different abilities that they have to use.

Of course, in many of these cases their changes end up decreasing the power of the ability, so I guess, they think that average player power is too strong, as well.

Perhaps in their own tests they saw that they had to make the expansion content way too strong in order to make up for it. So they decided to reduce player power.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  17. Uvre New Member

I like reasons. They will never share reasons. Would love to hear them though.

I find it funny that they just keep nerfing seemingly random things for cleric. QM - I use it MOST on myself after rez... Which is now completely worthless for that purpose.

Oh Ya, AND it shares a timer with VP and it has a 20Min Recast.. seriously.... wtf.

If you don't want me to use QM, just remove it. If your gonna nerf it this hard, add something back that's useful. Make it give endurance.

I just don't get it.
    Gundolin and Drusi like this.
  18. EnchFWO Augur

Glad Enchanters took our beating a few [over multiple] patches ago so we will already be prepared for the upcoming expac. Sorry to everyone else though.
    Sindaiann likes this.
  19. Cicelee Augur

I find it odd that Shawl augment has been around for what, at least five years, and now they finally change it? Did they not know about this the previous half decade?

As someone mentioned, they will never share reasons why. But goodness sometimes as a player I want to know what their thought process is. Like for my class, combining FBO and VT into one buff now. I guess this is OK? But again..... Why? Why now? What has happened now that made you decide to combine them into one buff?

I mean, there has to be reasons behind things. Someone just doesn't wake up on a Monday and say "Ya know, I should combine FBO and VT into one buff!" I am not for or against, I just want to understand the rationale and logic...
    Lloren, Metanis and Brohg like this.
  20. Gnomeland Augur

People have been complaining about classes having too many abilities for a while. With a new expansion coming up, it's likely that they needed to reduce the amount of abilities classes already have, so that they can add new abilities.

Also, the change reduces the burst DPS of magicians which was probably one of the goals.
    Tutankamen likes this.