Time to sub and there is no expansion news....

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Narogg, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Narogg Augur

We are less then a month away from last years expansion beta release.
    I am seriously thinking about not subbing long term because I have not heard anything about the new expansion.

Anyone else in this boat?
  2. Horyuken Augur

I signed up for another year! I just want to know when it will release so I can block time on my calendar, I get to popular at the end of the year and need to make sure I can devote that week to EQ!
  3. Beimeith Lord of the Game

If you are suggesting there won't be an expansion then don't be dumb. Of course there is an expansion. This song and dance happens every year.

Now if you're saying you don't know if you will want to *play* another expansion until you have details about it, then that's something else.
    Rorce, Tucoh and Nolrog like this.
  4. Narogg Augur

What I am saying is 119.99 is either going to eq for another expansion or..... if i don't hear about one.. to Pantheon as a founder.
    People heard about EOK last Sept? so their year sub on last years work is up. So in all seriousness its time to say " hey were aiming for Dec or early 2018 for ' expansion name' "
    Will i just stop playing? No. But im not gonna sink a years sub if the expansion isnt happening yet.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  5. Horyuken Augur

Not to get off topic but burning your money might be a better option.
    Narogg likes this.
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Empires of Kunark was announced on September 1, 2016 and released on November 16, 2016.

So, it is time for Daybreak to announce the next expansion. They have said there will be one and the Devs have mentioned they are working on it.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  7. smash Augur

I guess they announce it, September 20, and will be released November 15.
  8. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Some day people will figure out that "early access" and "founder" crap is throwing their money away too.
  9. YellowBelly Augur

I just want them to offer the 50% off on EoK. They did it on Sept 1st last year for TBM. What's the holdup?
  10. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

That's because EoK wasn't a bug-invested, broken, incomplete mess that TBM was. I wouldn't hold your breath. Moreover, Columbus Nova is obviously not allowing discounts as is evident by our not receiving a similar set of pricing we did last year to sub for one year. Get used to feeling like you're playing a Korean MMO.
  11. CrazyLarth Augur

they likely to announce a discount a month before the next expansion and that is still pending its never been a set date its been various dates over the years.
  12. fransisco Augur

everyone just wants all the game to be free without paying...
    Nennius likes this.
  13. Zhaunil_AB Augur

We on AB are doing that for other reasons.
    But if only the "uncertainty" is keeping you from subbing, then the question is, as was asked above:
    Uncertainty of what?

Uncertain if an expansion will be released? => never worry, it will happen.

Uncertain if the expansion will be to your liking?
    =>good question, but for a raider kind of irrelevant; only a grouper might have a chance in that case,
    and they can not really either with how gear-inflation seems to work lately in WoW-style of completely outdating the previous expansion's gear.

For us on AB, the real question we are uncertain on is:
    Uncertain if the new expansion's race can be done in any competitive manner.
    i.e. if the server/environment is in ANY state that allows "orderly" raiding.

So yeah.. i don't think many of us are re-subbing at this time, at least not long-term.
    Myself, i might extend the subbed time for my main account only by using a krono...
    But i have 50days more on my sub, which should be enough.
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

Not everyone, but there are those who seem to think that they should get many things for free as if there isn't any cost to to providing those things.
    Thraine likes this.
  15. Tucoh Augur

I can't be the only one who doesn't mind if they not only push the announce date from September to October or later, but also push back the release date.

Release the next expansion whenever it's done, I'll be there day 1 to tear into the new content.
    Cloudia, Reht and Horyuken like this.
  16. Redrum_Redrum Augur

People already burned there money on a game produced by this conpany and saw no return on investment. It was called EQ next.
  17. Endless Augur

Paid in for Pantheon founder or whatever the deal was for Alpha+Beta and release I think...going on 2 years now. Was $100 at the time. Alpha was supposed to be going for nearly a year now? Last I read, pre-alpha hasn't even started. I think you'll be lucky if Pantheon goes beta in 2018, nevermind release lol. Probably 2020 before they release or possibly not ever.

Pantheon is like going to Vegas and playing slot machines and this is like a question of spending $100 on slot machines or spending $100 on a hobby you already enjoy and do regularly and I think the answer is you probably don't have $100 to spend on a slot machine.
  18. Tyreel Augur

Historically we usually hear something by now even if it is just info coming soon(tm) then an actual announcement 1 or 2 weeks later and so far nothing but silence this year.

I am less concerned with subscription renewal cost and getting more and more concerned with being able to get requests in for time off at expansion launch before it is too late. Once we hit October i have a 6 week in advance requirement to request and MAYBE get time off approved. Right now i can just schedule time off call an extension and get it approved in 2 minutes.

If i can not get the first week off work for expansion launch(DBGs fault or mine), All my play time will have to go only in to my main to keep on pace at the start of the expansion.
    My second and third accounts would then not buy the expansion and subs until some time next year. Not trying to pull a i will with hold my money if i don't get what i want rant. Eventually i would end up getting the expansion and resubing alt accounts but it would not happen till at earliest January.
  19. kinadafz Augur

My question is, when the new expansion comes out, and I purchase it, will that give me all previous expansions?

I am ready for EoK - i'm ready to go sit in the zone and wait for rots mainly (lvl 103). But, I don't want to do any of the following scenarios:

1) Buy EoK at full price if the new expansion will give me EoK
    2) Buy EoK at half price if new expansion will give me EoK
    3) Have to buy new expansion AND EoK to experience both (I have no control over this one).
  20. CrazyLarth Augur

Any expasion you buy (FULL or DISCOUNT or HALF) will give you access to all past expansions. They did that a while ago. So EOK will give you TBM,TDS,COTF ect
    So NEW EXP will give EOK,TBM,TDS,COTF ect

but you will not get the special items (like clikcys, bags or mounts) given with those past expansions only the items listed with the expansion you bought.