Newbie Area Spawn Rates

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by nagash101, Sep 11, 2017.

1. nagash101 Augur

So i have played on Phinigel and Ragefire. Been messing around on Agnarr and it seems that almost all of the newbie areas have had the spawn rates increased by 5+ min and even less spawns to boot. For example i remember making a barbarian and none stop killing stuff until level 5 right be the entrance to the barbarian city. Now on Agnarr you have to run around the whole area just to find something to kill.
  2. Machentoo Augur

It turns out that many of the spawns in most of the newbie zones (especially the fast respawn ones) were unintentional, added in a later expansion, and not supposed to be there for classic. So they fixed it. Sadly, not joking.
  3. nagash101 Augur

WTH, so a newbie area cant even support 2 or 3 newbies to level. Wonderful. Are there any good newbie areas to level in that have cats, wolfs and bears? I sort of wanted to level and collect skins to craft along the way.
  4. Prathun Developer

Respawn rates of most wandering newbie spawns in newbie zones are ~10 seconds now. The ones I'm aware of were 180 seconds before the time was shortened. Newbie spawns that were added in the Gates of Discord era, like the ones in Everfrost right outside of Halas, are restricted to the era they were added.
  5. nagash101 Augur

It just seemed like a good idea to have a bunch of newbie mobs in those areas to help get past level 4 or so with some bags and some cloth armor. Now its hours of running around in Everfrost just looking for a mob to kill and god forbid you have competition. Not to mention the necro afk farming right there for god knows what.
    Well the Area right outside Halas has a significantly lower rate of mobs running around then say Steamfont by the druid ring. Shoot even the Dwarf newbie area has way more mobs running around. Perhaps the Everfrost newbie mobs are all wanderers and it takes a bit for them to path back?
  6. snailish Augur

There was another thread about this when the reversion was put in place. #'s and proofs were used to explain why it was how it was.

I think we (as players) have to look at it as "some newbie areas are more challenging than others". Everfrost is riskier to get those roamers reeled in if you want safe, close hunting.Though grouping negates that pretty good (and yes, lowbie grouping falls off after server launch).

One option (generally better with invis... or the fluke of someone killing the higher mobs in the way) is get to Qeynos.

Alts with $ can port to GFay or any other "easier" newbie area.

For different reasons Paineel Erudites pretty much have to risk toxx or get off Odus as well. I personally have never taken to leveling in Steamfont, but Gfay is close... most newbie areas have a partner area pretty close.
  7. HoodenShuklak Augur

Toxx is so messed up you literally have to scout for level 1 trash to kill.