Agnarr -- Chancellor of Di'zok

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Wayylon, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Machentoo Augur

Thanks for acknowledging that. Personally I'd rather DBG only ban people if they have concrete evidence of cheating, rather than just a pretty strong hunch.

Sending 4 pets simultaneously is not hard to do with no software. Not sure how many people bother to set up their keyboards so you can hit four or five keys on different keyboards at the same time (I have.) And the people in the above post probably are using software. But probably shouldn't get you banned when there are other possibilities.
  2. Bandzamakeherdance Elder

While i'm not going to say it isn't possible ( i've never tried it myself ) having 6 mage pets attack a target all at the exact same time immediately upon it spawning and dealing over 50% of it's health ( the mob only has a few thousand hps ) within the first second of the mob spawning every single time it spawns then at the very least they are completely disrupting this spawn and denying every single other person a chance to get the item for the HS key.

They are completely monopolizing the content. DBG needs to do something about it at this point because not only should they start looking into this very vulgar and obscene person but it goes against the very nature of the server.

The last spawn of the Chancellor
    [Sun Sep 10 23:44:32 2017] Chancellor of Di`Zok feels a bit dispelled.
    [Sun Sep 10 23:44:32 2017] Chancellor of Di`Zok pierces Happyelf for 45 points of damage.
    [Sun Sep 10 23:44:32 2017] Lonarer begins to cast a spell. <Fire Elemental Bolt II>
    [Sun Sep 10 23:44:32 2017] Lonarer hit Chancellor of Di`Zok for 629 points of non-melee damage.
    [Sun Sep 10 23:44:32 2017] Chancellor of Di`Zok's skin ignites.
    [Sun Sep 10 23:44:32 2017] Folksie begins to cast a spell. <Boltran's Agacerie>
    [Sun Sep 10 23:44:33 2017] Chancellor of Di`Zok feels a bit dispelled.
    [Sun Sep 10 23:44:33 2017] Zarer begins to cast a spell. <Fire Elemental Bolt II>
    [Sun Sep 10 23:44:33 2017] Zarer hit Chancellor of Di`Zok for 629 points of non-melee damage.
    [Sun Sep 10 23:44:33 2017] Chancellor of Di`Zok's skin ignites.
    [Sun Sep 10 23:44:33 2017] Lonarer hits Chancellor of Di`Zok for 24 points of damage.
    [Sun Sep 10 23:44:33 2017] Lonarer hits Chancellor of Di`Zok for 22 points of damage.
    [Sun Sep 10 23:44:33 2017] Lonarer hits Chancellor of Di`Zok for 48 points of damage.
    [Sun Sep 10 23:44:33 2017] Lonarer tries to kick Chancellor of Di`Zok, but misses!
    [Sun Sep 10 23:44:33 2017] Xobann begins to cast a spell. <Fire Elemental Bolt II>
    [Sun Sep 10 23:44:33 2017] Xobann hit Chancellor of Di`Zok for 629 points of non-melee damage.
    [Sun Sep 10 23:44:33 2017] Chancellor of Di`Zok's skin ignites.
    [Sun Sep 10 23:44:34 2017] Joneker hits Chancellor of Di`Zok for 14 points of damage.
    [Sun Sep 10 23:44:34 2017] Joneker tries to hit Chancellor of Di`Zok, but misses!
    [Sun Sep 10 23:44:34 2017] Joneker bashes Chancellor of Di`Zok for 9 points of damage.
    [Sun Sep 10 23:44:34 2017] Lonarer begins to cast a spell. <Fire Elemental Bolt II>
    [Sun Sep 10 23:44:34 2017] Lonarer hit Chancellor of Di`Zok for 629 points of non-melee damage.
    [Sun Sep 10 23:44:34 2017] Chancellor of Di`Zok's skin ignites.
    [Sun Sep 10 23:44:34 2017] Zarer tries to hit Chancellor of Di`Zok, but misses!
    [Sun Sep 10 23:44:34 2017] Zarer kicks Chancellor of Di`Zok for 52 points of damage.
    [Sun Sep 10 23:44:34 2017] Labeker begins to cast a spell. <Fire Elemental Bolt II>
    [Sun Sep 10 23:44:34 2017] Labeker hit Chancellor of Di`Zok for 629 points of non-melee damage.
    [Sun Sep 10 23:44:34 2017] Chancellor of Di`Zok's skin ignites.
    [Sun Sep 10 23:44:34 2017] Xobann hits Chancellor of Di`Zok for 48 points of damage.
    [Sun Sep 10 23:44:34 2017] Xobann hits Chancellor of Di`Zok for 48 points of damage.
    [Sun Sep 10 23:44:34 2017] Xobann bashes Chancellor of Di`Zok for 9 points of damage.
    [Sun Sep 10 23:44:35 2017] Lonarer tries to hit Chancellor of Di`Zok, but misses!
    [Sun Sep 10 23:44:35 2017] Lonarer hits Chancellor of Di`Zok for 48 points of damage.
    [Sun Sep 10 23:44:35 2017] Lonarer hits Chancellor of Di`Zok for 16 points of damage.
    [Sun Sep 10 23:44:35 2017] Lonarer hits Chancellor of Di`Zok for 48 points of damage.
    [Sun Sep 10 23:44:35 2017] Chancellor of Di`Zok has been slain by Lonarer!

You tell me how to compete with that.
    Wayylon likes this.
  3. Machentoo Augur

So? Denying anyone else a chance at one single spawn is not against the rules, currently. It sucks, yes. Bring more mages (or some better option such as instant cast charm/gates or SK Harm Touches) and compete.

Also, the parse you linked shows 1 mage pet reacting within the first second, two more mage pets reacting a second later, and that's it. There is no 4th, 5th, or 6th mage pet on your parse. I guarantee I can press 3 keys within 2 seconds, which is all this would take, and probably most of the other posters here can too. If these were scripted mages, you would see Lonarer, Zarer and Xobann all doing SOMETHING on the parse at 23:44:32, in 99 cases out of 100.

It is not hard to manually react within the first second of a mob spawning. Sometimes, if you are quick, you can even beat the bots. I once landed a HT before the scripted SK's on Trakanon (on Fippy, the same scripts that the spawn before killed him before he was even visually displayed on the screen), by pressing the 2 key at the right time. It is doable, sometimes, if you are watching for the spawn, have a fast connection, and quick reaction speed.

Also, thanks, but I am well aware of how many HP the mob in question has.

In the log you linked, you have almost 3 seconds to react with needing only one or two SK harm touches to secure the kill. Just saying. You are bringing a knife to a gun fight (when you could be bringing a nuclear bomb) and complaining that you are losing.

Bottom line, get better. Stop crying to DBG that you are losing.
  4. Febb Augur

If guilds really want more shots at this mob, alliances need to be made across the server. Bring everyone to the zone and have people AFK in the zone to open up picks and keep them open. We did this on phinny for Emp key pieces. We would make a list of people who would get the next key piece based on when you joined the group. We would hold those camps and rotate people out based on which key piece they needed.

This is one reason why people don't like starting over in classic content. It has so many bottlenecks in it. It's all over the place in early content.
  5. Bandzamakeherdance Elder

Don't box and play a class that doesn't do enough dps to out dps those mage pets. Sorry I choose to actually play on the server as it was advertised and intended. They are denying an entire zone to people by denying folks access to this single mob so it's more than just a single mob. If you want to box more power to you. Disrupting an entire zone by denying a piece to enter that zone is the same thing. I've boxed before upwards of 20 accounts on servers that weren't truebox.

For the person who said spawn picks. There is already a pick open. The person just picks through. Also, I have brought more than just myself to the camp and it doesn't matter when the mob is dead within 2-3 seconds. Insta charm doesn't work due to the fact that there is instant dispel. The charm method of griefing is dead to anybody with half a brain.

You can defend it however you want but the fact remains that it's strictly against the rules to disrupt an entire zone and monopolize content. This person is doing both by killing a single mob.
  6. Gingyr Elder

Translation......I see im about to race a guy in a hot rod with a crate motor. I shall continue to drive my AMC Pacer and complain how unfair it is when i lose. When other folks tell me how to win i will complain how its not going to work due to reasons that are only valid in my own head.
  7. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

It's not zone disruption by killing a single mob. They won't do anything about a person monopolizing a single mob. Monopolizing an entire zone, yes.

You're talking to a brick wall, they won't change it. Welcome to progression servers, this is how it is when you pack a room full of lions and throw a steak in the center of the room.
  8. Jaxarale01 Augur

But aren't you disrupting HS by not allowing people entrance?
    I guess it is semantics at this point.

When you say it wont change... I have heard that song and verse for years now... I could go back to my posts when we were being called "deplorable" by the designers and told we do not deserve to see raid content as casuals and how they never would up spawn times of trash mobs in newbie yards...

Several of us on here led the charge to get instanced content... LOLOLOL you should of seen the negative posts about how us crybabies couldn't and shouldn't get our way. (hint... check the sig!)

They have changed the entire TLP experience from the time of Fippy to now... To say they "wont" do something is a complete falsehood, they have done nothing BUT change the TLP's to make them more how we want them than any game ever...
  9. Wowjustwow Elder

Honestly, I partially blame the people that are paying 4 krono for a 1 and a half hour static spawn in multiple picks. If they didn't pay for the key than it wouldn't be a lucrative camp for these people to exploit the market on.

You can't really expect people to stop buying them though unfortunately so unless DBG does something, these farmers are here to stay. Best bet is to go there in off hours to have any chance of getting this key.
  10. Bandzamakeherdance Elder

If you want to use a racing analogy that's cool. Lets go full force. There are brackets for racing just like there are for MMA and Boxing and football and almost every sport out there. You don't pit a super heavyweight against a featherweight. You don't pit a sprint car against a drifter. You are sitting here advocating botting and boxing on a what is supposed to be a truebox server which at it's very core means everybody is playing a single character not 6.
  11. ShaggyGrant Journeyman

That spawn of chancellor log looks a lot like someone landed an instant charm and he got spammed with dispels and that's what staggered the mage pets.

This is the first chancellor kill the 6 box mage showed up on. 5 mage pets in less than a second attack chancellor before my /tar chancellor /alt activate 6000 macro worked.

No one can hit 5 keys that fast on different keyboards unless they have them all set up like a flower on their desk so they can spam with 3 fingers on one hand and 2 on the other, but I stand by my guess that this guy is scripting. Especially since it was the first spawn he showed up for so he didn't have the timer to know when to start spamming, he had been there about 30 minutes and for this kind of reaction time with a 5 finger flower keyboard set up he would have had to have been spamming for that 30 minute window.

[Tue Sep 05 17:35:09 2017] You must first click on the being you wish to attack!
    [Tue Sep 05 17:35:11 2017] You must first click on the being you wish to attack!
    [Tue Sep 05 17:35:12 2017] Chancellor of Di`Zok tries to hit YOU, but misses!
    [Tue Sep 05 17:35:12 2017] You try to pierce Chancellor of Di`Zok, but Chancellor of Di`Zok ripostes!
    [Tue Sep 05 17:35:12 2017] Chancellor of Di`Zok hits YOU for 76 points of damage.
    [Tue Sep 05 17:35:12 2017] Chancellor of Di`Zok tries to hit YOU, but misses!
    [Tue Sep 05 17:35:12 2017] Jabantik tries to hit Chancellor of Di`Zok, but misses!
    [Tue Sep 05 17:35:12 2017] Jabantik hits Chancellor of Di`Zok for 28 points of damage.
    [Tue Sep 05 17:35:12 2017] Jabantik hits Chancellor of Di`Zok for 24 points of damage.
    [Tue Sep 05 17:35:12 2017] Jabantik hits Chancellor of Di`Zok for 46 points of damage.
    [Tue Sep 05 17:35:12 2017] Jabantik bashes Chancellor of Di`Zok for 9 points of damage.
    [Tue Sep 05 17:35:12 2017] Jebekn begins to cast a spell. <Fire Elemental Bolt II>
    [Tue Sep 05 17:35:12 2017] Jebekn hit Chancellor of Di`Zok for 629 points of non-melee damage.
    [Tue Sep 05 17:35:12 2017] Chancellor of Di`Zok's skin ignites.
    [Tue Sep 05 17:35:12 2017] Zabtik begins to cast a spell. <Fire Elemental Bolt II>
    [Tue Sep 05 17:35:12 2017] Zabtik hit Chancellor of Di`Zok for 629 points of non-melee damage.
    [Tue Sep 05 17:35:12 2017] Zonobab begins to cast a spell. <Fire Elemental Bolt II>
    [Tue Sep 05 17:35:12 2017] Zonobab hit Chancellor of Di`Zok for 629 points of non-melee damage.
    [Tue Sep 05 17:35:12 2017] Jebantik begins to cast a spell. <Fire Elemental Bolt II>
    [Tue Sep 05 17:35:13 2017] Jebantik hit Chancellor of Di`Zok for 629 points of non-melee damage.
    [Tue Sep 05 17:35:13 2017] Chancellor of Di`Zok's skin ignites.
    [Tue Sep 05 17:35:13 2017] You begin casting Harm Touch X.
    [Tue Sep 05 17:35:13 2017] Uurr hit Chancellor of Di`Zok for 1201 points of non-melee damage.
    [Tue Sep 05 17:35:13 2017] Your faction standing with Brood of Di`Zok could not possibly get any worse.
    [Tue Sep 05 17:35:13 2017] Your faction standing with Sarnak Collective could not possibly get any worse.
    [Tue Sep 05 17:35:13 2017] Your faction standing with Goblins of Mountain Death has been adjusted by 1.
    [Tue Sep 05 17:35:13 2017] Chancellor of Di`Zok writhes in the grip of agony.
    [Tue Sep 05 17:35:13 2017] You have slain Chancellor of Di`Zok!
    [Tue Sep 05 17:35:13 2017] Tranquil begins to cast a spell. <Gate>
    [Tue Sep 05 17:35:13 2017] You can use the ability Harm Touch again in 1 hour(s) 12 minute(s) 0 seconds.
    [Tue Sep 05 17:35:13 2017] You can use the ability Harm Touch again in 1 hour(s) 11 minute(s) 59 seconds.
    [Tue Sep 05 17:35:14 2017] You can use the ability Harm Touch again in 1 hour(s) 11 minute(s) 59 seconds.

Edit: needless to say I stopped bothering with this key after the next spawn, got enough people keyed to help me with my greenmist when I get there anyways
  12. Bandzamakeherdance Elder

No, it's perfectly ok! There are no problems here! You just suck and need to l2p!

^ That's sarcasm for those too dense to realize the truth of things.
  13. Wayylon Augur

I'm not going to quote a wall of text but whoever said there was only 3 mage pets attacking instantly.... 629×3=1827 the mob has 2k health. 2 fire mage pets is actually all you need. He also had a chanter the for dispel/charms and whatever other exploits you guys call "strats"...

The fact this is still going on since I made this thread makes me happy I unsubbed, this is kind of fun to check in on though.

This server would be decent without boxing and/or with competent devs.
  14. Gingyr Elder

True box means one toon per computer. it in no way, shape, or form limits how many accounts you can play at once. The bots are a different matter but to say people are supposed to only play one character is just projecting your own hangups onto the rest of us and you really shouldn't do that.
  15. ShaggyGrant Journeyman

The mob has more than 2k health, HT does 1200 damage and hits for 42%.
  16. Machentoo Augur

There are no brackets in Everquest. You are the one choosing to go up against a heavyweight as a featherweight. Truebox means everyone can play six characters if they want, they just need six computers. You can too.
  17. Dew- New Member

Because requiring someone to buy extra computers (even cheap old potatoes) and level 3-5 extra characters to have even a remote chance of scoring entry to 1-groupable content that's required to complete a number of end-game quests is completely reasonable.
    Jaxarale01 and Wayylon like this.
  18. lobos Journeyman

The fact is DBG does not care if people are boxing more than physically possible. There has been a 22 boxer AE pler that sells powerleveling on redguides since phinigel, he's on agnarr. He trains you if youre in his camps, by pulling his massive trains over you. I petitioned a video of him training me three times, and I showed them this video of him controlling 22 characters. The only thing remdag cared about was proof he sold on redguides, didnt care he played 22 chars or trained people.

If they dont care about 22, they wont care about a 6 boxer. They dont uphold the value of this server, even when produced with evidence. Watch this if you dont believe there are 22 boxers, in this video the guy is repeater key macroing 2-3 enchanters to chain stun while he drops off a train from disco then runs his bard to chef to pull another train (chef train comes at 3:16) while his 2-3 enchanters still cast color stuns. If remdag didnt care about that then good luck.

You guys are wasting your breathe. I know its lame but I know this 6 boxer you're talking about, and he's had a GM visit him EVERYDAY since he started camping it, and if he's not AFK they dont care. Yes he does lose to instant charm/gate enchanters but rarely, thats what you see in the logs above, an enchanter spammed wand of allure to try to win. Mages can summon instant clicky dispel staves so its not 100% win method.

If any CSR wants to see all the proof regarding 22 boxer they can check my support ticket history.
  19. Curious Bard New Member

That inzane guy wiped a group I was in like three times. We petitioned him and absolutely nothing was done. He was actually bragging in ooc about it. Kinda sad.
    lobos likes this.