Massive tell, channel, and zoning lag on AB server

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Adroxia, Feb 19, 2017.

1. smash Augur

I am wondering if there any job starting at around this time, some days and thats what is causing this dc/server Down..

And not the location of the server
  2. tanith Augur

Another disconnect on AB. Took 45 mins to get 3 toons in. Some lag and then disconnect. 5 mins later. Gave up for evening again.
    I assume we'll all be getting our accounts credited for many months for this. This is just unplayable.
  3. Arraden Augur

Server drop outs and zoning time is particularly bad today.

Chat lag doesn't seem as bad as it has been...
  4. Vaako_SK Lorekeeper

once again the server is a mess mid raid....
  5. Vaako_SK Lorekeeper

aand again...
  6. Adroxia Elder

I shall take some pride that 7 months ago I started this thread because I got fed up of the lag on raid days that was happening since Christmas 2016, and we have now hit almost 600 posts. So I expect a trophy :cool:

However this is so much beyond a joke now that I would like to take that trophy and put it somewhere that is unrepeatable in polite company. And with a server performance like this, we're not seeing a lot of polite company on AB that's for sure.

Sunday prime raid time, and everybody is being server disconnected multiple times. I can't see many raid forces surviving much longer.
    tanith, Arraden and Makta like this.
  7. Blackjaw_SolRo Lorekeeper

Same:
    Code:
    [Sun Sep 10 18:03:04 2017]00704:Networking: connection terminated [client:DisconnectReasonOtherSideTerminated,server:DisconnectReasonApplication]
    [Sun Sep 10 18:03:04 2017]00705:disconnected at c:\p4\EverQuest\live\EverQuest\EverQuest.cpp:18196 (char. select) DisconnectReasonOtherSideTerminated,DisconnectReasonApplication

[Sun Sep 10 18:03:04 2017]00706:Character is xxxxx.

[Sun Sep 10 18:03:04 2017]00707:YOU HAVE BEEN DISCONNECTED.
  8. Kyzvs Augur

My first 30 minute rollback just now - didn't know AB could get more annoying...
  9. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Be in guild hall, way before raid start.
    Do even zone twice with *relative* ease (and some delay, as usual).
    Sit in guild hall wait for raidinvites, get disconnected - server and zone are of course unaffected.
    Spend quite some time staring at a black screen until you get thrown back at character-select.
    Pick raiding main, wait...
    Get told "Error - a timeout occured".
    Pick raiding main again, get message "do you want the logged on character to be removed from the world"?
    Pick "yes", wait...
    Get told "Error - a timeout occured".
    Find yourself thrown back to server-select...

A funny game, at April 1st perhaps.
    But even then it'd stop being funny after 1 or 2tries...
    Or do we have "King Julien Day" today?
  10. Blackjaw_SolRo Lorekeeper

And in continuation of my dbg.txt:

Code:
    [Sun Sep 10 18:03:45 2017]01031:World initialized: clz
    [Sun Sep 10 18:03:45 2017]01032:load done.

[Sun Sep 10 18:03:45 2017]01033:Starting char select.
    [...]
    [Sun Sep 10 18:03:46 2017]01051:Initializing character select UI.
    [Sun Sep 10 18:03:46 2017]01052:Resetting game UI.
    [Sun Sep 10 18:07:09 2017]01053:THE SERVER IS NOT RESPONDING.
    [Sun Sep 10 18:07:09 2017]01054:
    end of DisplayScreen

[Sun Sep 10 18:07:11 2017]01055:TIMED OUT WAITING FOR ZONE ADDR

11. Imrahil Augur

Anyone from DBG actually still READING this? I have the feeling they are quite pleased with the "solution" they provided ("suck it up, princess or move individually to Vox").
    eliandra likes this.
  12. NeverPayForLag Augur

does move mean - the whole account - without anything is missing then - or only one character?
  13. Blackjaw_SolRo Lorekeeper

Each char individually.
  14. Mizar Lorekeeper

Anyone law savvy can take a peek at the EULA ? Pretty sure a legal customer complaint could be raised in order to get a refund back. A monthly payment can be cancelled on the fly, but those on longer plans are actually paying for a service that it's not being delivered. I take it that complaint should be filed on the US or as european customers we could file it here ?
    NeverPayForLag and eliandra like this.
  15. Adroxia Elder

There is no legal option here because we are all able to play legally, just the reality of the law does not take into account community or raid or guild structures. So don't spend time thinking about legal remedy, it's simply not possible.
  16. tanith Augur

Another raid night
    Another raid night cancelled because it's unplayable

Can we hear from DB that you're actually reading this and tell us what's happening?

I think we have been more than patient.
    But right now, I'm really not sure what I'm paying for
  17. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I wouldn't expect any response on a weekend...

Im hoping for a good response written in some patch-notes...that would do wonders...!
  18. Mizar Lorekeeper

Even if sub-optimal, probably the only half way trade I see possible from what we'd like to have (merge/server copy to US) and the one DB seems to be willing to often (individual transfer to Vox - or any other server for the sake of it-) would be to keep transfers to Vox open until AB is fixed AND provide a free transfer token to any toon that transfers to Vox in order to guarantee the chance of round trip after fix is (hopefully) completed.

Also it looks it's more than fair to ask for a partial refund / SC / playtime for AB customers. It's not that we have had some random up and down days, I assure you that the game has been most impossible to play for raiders, and even for groupers/solo players disruption has been frequent and severe enough as to request it.

This is a personal statement, I can't commit others would accept this partial agreement if offered. Only trying to offfer some way out of this mess.
  19. Makta Elder

And disconnected....ffs
  20. eliandra Elder

disconnected during raid ... stop this joke guys : you are incompetent to fix this server since a long time ... merge this server (if you are competent enough) and change job ...
    Makta likes this.