Just a polite question

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Hayzee, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Hayzee New Member

What is the reason that the Antonius Bayle server can not be fixed for paying customers ? Not why is it broken, but why can it not be fixed ?

This is not some stroppy complaint, just a straight forward question that I am curious to know the answer to please.
    Miauler likes this.
  2. Roxxlyy Augur

It is fixable, however, the changes that have to be made in order to straighten things must be rolled out over time to prevent bigger things from breaking. We're in the process of actively fixing the server, but it is not something that will happen overnight.
  3. Mesil Lorekeeper

Can you give us an ETA and/or timeframe?
    SHAME and Vaako_SK like this.
  4. Hayzee New Member

Thanks for the answer Roxxlyy, much appreciated.

Glad to hear that you have a grasp of the problem and that it is being addressed.

Like everyone else I would like a fix yesterday, but keeping us updated is a good way to appease the masses.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Are these fixes the reason we keep seeing AB going up and down like a yoyo?
  6. smash Augur

Got any idea on why lately, at around 20.30 the lags/dc starts and lasts for around 3 hours? There any special jobs running at that time, like taking security copy of chars, which then grabs resources.
  7. Deillusional Augur

You really need to give us a timeframe, I am not sure how much longer people will give you before cancelling their accounts. Its a chore to log in when you know you cannot raid effectively, and if it is not fixed, in a month or definitely not by the start of the expansion, consider AB completely dead.
    Yinla and Makta like this.
  8. Deillusional Augur

And quite frankly as people have already started cancelling their accounts i do not know what the state of the server will be by the end of this month never mind next. or when the new expansion is released.
  9. Zortex Journeyman

I personally have canceled my 3 of my 5 accounts...
    SHAME and Makta like this.
  10. Deillusional Augur

Do you care you are losing customers daily?
    Makta likes this.
  11. Vaako_SK Lorekeeper

Timeframe would be very nice, but even some updates on your progress would be good, just so that we get a feeling that you actually do something to improve ?
  12. Deillusional Augur

They wont be, their would require complete shutdowns with downtime to change the server code.
  13. Propell New Member

- frustrating to play when there so mutch lag.. Pls give us a heads up, if you guys are roling out fixes, I asume you know how long this will take??? pls for god sake!
  14. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

I've already seen and keep hearing my friends say that they don't feel like even logging in due to the server issues. Myself included to some degree! It's a waste of time when you have to wait 15 minutes to possibly get a character to even show up, if you even get past server select that is. Then lets add the random disconnects to the mix and/or 5+min to zone or do stuff. Every now and then the server is fine - and things are great, but then it quickly does a 180 and is the complete opposite. Often in time for raids - which is the only real time I prioritize at the moment due to my guild.

Without any time frames, my (6) alt accounts are lapsing for sure. I know just about all my friends are doing the same.

The biggest thing that hurts the most though is that it is actually taking AWAY the LOVE I have for the game! Something I never thought would be in jeopardy.
  15. Ranpha Augur

The issues are certainly strange.

Lagged:
    - All forms of chat and non-visual emotes are lagged
    - Zoning (including teleports, rezzing)
    - Guild/Raid tools
    - Invites

Not Lagged:
    - Movements (like turning, running)
    - Initiating trades, buying/selling from vendors
    - Spell casting
    - Zone itself and monsters (not the kind of lag you see when kiting half the zone)
    - Visual emotes (like /dance, /point, etc..) are not lagged
  16. Miauler New Member

Many thanks, Roxxly. It's appreciated to have a reminder that AB is being considered an that things were underway.
    If it's possible to release the information into the public domain, what would be useful would be:

1) An overview of what the problem is. There are lots of theories going round, from core blocking on a virtual hypervisor through network buffer bloat on the link between AB and the core EQ servers. Having an "EQ architecture 101" would put those rumours to bed, and let people have a grasp on the magnitude of the problem that's being faced (i.e. it may not be to do with just a server at all; infrastructure problems are vastly more complex and thus take longer to iron out).

2) Things that maybe some off the players can help out with. I understand that it may be more than Daybreak could do to allow 'volunteer operators' to get caught up in assisting with things, but perhaps having volunteers with access to monitoring pages? Part of the ire that crops up is because of lack of information (is it network, is it the local pc, is it a server etc.), and with no in game GMs these days, and very rare appearances of guides, it's incredibly difficult to get information. Volunteer monitors could help bridge this gap.
    Those are just "off the top of my head" thoughts, but there is a ready pool of people how actively want to help. I've looked at joining the volunteer guide program; I just couldn't guarantee the time requested. If that's the path to helping out, and if it's in the guide remit, I'd reconsider joining that area.

Currently though, it is extremely frustrating. I came to the site to see if anyone else is having problems. While writing this (started about 30 mins ago), I've been trying to log in one of the accounts I use (of the 3 I pay for), and I've still got no further than "Server not responding" or "Please wait while currently logged in player is removed from the world"->"a timeout has occurred". A large part of the frustration is not having a clue as to what's really going on, and having no way to assist in remedying it..
  17. Propell New Member

Its beyond silly! - its been decades since ppl were on the moon, and now DB cant fix AB.. I realy dont understand.. if it took one week - two weeks sure,.. but months??
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Its been more than 9 months, I could have had a baby in that time!
    Imrahil likes this.
  19. Ranpha Augur

You can chat without lag in zone... like this:

/dance say Hi, no lag!

Works with any animated emote.
  20. NeverPayForLag Augur

Wuahahaha.....
    Then you don't need EQ anymore to be awake at night ;)