Any way to edit my forum name?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Meaghan Stormfire, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Meaghan Stormfire Journeyman

I made a wonderful typo on my forum name, is there any way to go back and fix it?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Not that we can do but:
    #1 - try a petition - years ago it used to be done
    #2 - make a free account and set up a new station name on it
  3. Roxxlyy Augur

You can go ahead and PM me for that!
    gotwar likes this.
  4. Meaghan Stormfire Journeyman

5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Wow this is great community relations's relations:p
    eliandra likes this.
  6. eliandra Elder

yes so fast and reactive .....

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...el-and-zoning-lag-on-ab-server.238603/page-29

AND

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/ab-down-again.243681/

AND

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/2-september-patch.243688/

since this joke :

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ree-transfers-to-vox-available.243174/page-12

any fix ? merge ? eta ?

be honest and say you don t care about euro players , and we can stop play (and pay )

actually euro players on AB pay for a service you don t give ....
    Makta and Vaako_SK like this.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I really don't think Roxx has the ability to affect server status. Like asking your plumber to fix your clogged arteries - close but no cigar.

although she/he did attempt to keep you all informed - perhaps this was missed?
    "Hi folks,

I've been keeping up with this thread for the past week and have read through all of the feedback we've gotten. I understand the frustrations that many of you have been facing for so long, and how passionate many of you are about your guilds and community.

For now, though, we will be continuing with our current plan of action. Antonius Bayle will remain open for players as we continue to work to improve server conditions. Free transfers to Vox will still be available to players, and will remain an option for the foreseeable future. Should this change, we'll give a heads up before the free transfer period ends. We are not trying to force a split of the whole AB/EU playerbase, but are presenting the server transfer as an option for individuals who do feel that their gameplay experience is more enjoyable on Vox.

As previously stated, we are actively continuing to work on fixes for the problems on AB, but as there is currently no time frame for when the work will be complete, we wanted players to have some sort of option in the meantime. I know that this option isn't ideal for everyone, but it is what we are best able to offer at the moment. Since we will not be shutting down the AB server, merging servers or otherwise transferring the entire playerbase does not make sense for us to do.

I'm going to close this thread for now since this plan will not be changing any time soon. As we continue to work on the issues surrounding AB, I will absolutely be providing updates as they arise."

It was posted under news and announcements
  8. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Personally, I would LOVE the ability to zone out of the guildhall on raid-days on AB. ;)
    I would also LOVE some communication or updates about the AB fix, but good communication is a two-way effort, and hijacking threads is not really helping anyone.
    eliandra likes this.
  9. eliandra Elder

catspaw do you know how many time we was informed ? 2 or 3 times during 8 months , of lag chat/ guildhall and house vanish / characters missing / server rollback or deco /mission fail cause step not valide ...
    we waited 2 months to have a anwser about the first pb !!! near 30 pages on this thread .
    you posted for a error about name on forum and you have an answer in 15 mins ....

can you imagine after 8 months why we are hungry to pay for a service we don t have ?

no fix , no eta , more bugs each days !!!

in my guild we lost gh 4 or 5 times !!! on my main i leave my crate after 4 petitions to have my house back .

last 2 weeks was impossible to raid : server crash each 10 mins (login down but when you do a /uptime all is good since 17 days !!!! ) impossible to log in in during 10/15/20 mins

do you think she/he closed this thread with a real solution ? only to stop bad comment from euro players that s all .
    Makta and Vaako_SK like this.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I was not the OP. But as Jumbur so nicely put it this thread has been hijacked and needs to be closed.
  11. eliandra Elder

i think during 8 months we did lot of effort jumbur no ?.... hijacking threads is probably not the best way ... but when no answer during long time and no fix or explaination why all this bugs only on AB , the silence or staying on the same thread (30 pages ) like good boys/and girls will not advance problem too.
    Makta likes this.
  12. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Indeed, we have stretched our patience quite a lot since the issue started, and DBG have been way too quiet regarding this. But us being unruly on the forums, will not make the implementation of the fix go faster. Roxxlyy is not in charge of the fixing procedure, he(she?) is simply handling communications between the devs and us. If the devs have no news for us we will at best get a repeat of the already released statement, or at worst getting it all moderated into the original thread.

And lets be honest, if they actually need to read our posts in order to get some statistics about when the server is acting up, then its more useful if it isn't spread all over the place.
    I would love some news too, but news on this topic will have to come from the devs(maybe through roxxlyy). Making extra work for the moderator, will probably not make the devs develop faster or report to us more frequently(even though I think we deserve some real info! :( ).

DBG is probably well aware that the next expansion will have a lousy european release, if the server isn't working correctly at that time, if that is any comfort to you.

I don't think we can do anything that would make the fix arrive faster. And I don't see them overhauling their entire internal communication flow, or suddenly making their internal progress-reports public on the forums just because we start spamming our complaints all over the place(I wouldn't complain if they did though...).

Hmm, now that I think about it, weren't they supposed to make their internal bug-fix progress puplic through the issue-tracker, sadly they don't seem committed to keep the issue-tracked updated... :oops:

See! https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-1530 no update...
  13. Makta Elder

Yeah, the thread has been hijacked...because IT is getting a response from DBG representatives and others are NOT...as a matter of fact they are being PURPOSEFULLY ignored and/or locked. Nearly a year of server instability that has gotten progressively worse has taken us past the point of "holding hands singing Kumbaya" while waiting.

We want answers, we want timetables, we want details, we want transparency and quite frankly, we deserve it!!!

Vaako_SK and eliandra like this.
  14. Zhaunil_AB Augur

No, it wasn't missed.
    Neither was the locking of that thread it was posted in.
    But since it has no relevance to this thread's topic, let's not hijack it PLEASE.
    We are better than that!