Double experience tally... How many did you level up?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Risiko, Sep 5, 2017.

1. nagash101 Augur

I didn't get to play as much as i wanted but my 4 mages ended up getting 18 levels each. My Cleric and Druid both ended up getting 12 level each. My Warrior, Rogue, Shaman and Enchanter all ended up at level 16. So total levels 160 on 6 accounts at low levels.
  2. Meaghan Stormfire Journeyman

14-37 playing very casually.
  3. Urshulgi Augur

Went from 53-57 on my wizard. Only did a few groups.

People on Agnarr tend to ignore wizard because P99 people have this misconception that melee dps is always better for grinding.
    Risiko likes this.
  4. Risiko Augur

To be completely honest, I played a wizard on Ragefire and Phinigel (one of my many "mains" lol), and it was just as equally difficult to get a group as a wizard on those servers as I imagine it is on Agnarr.

The thing is that while wizards can add a lot of DPS to a group, it is one of the easiest classes to slack on in any group (right behind Mage and the "send pet hit nuke" once per pull tactic). Once people are in a group with a bad wizard, they tend to apply that experience to all wizards.

On Ragefire, my wizard got accused of not doing anything numerous times in groups where I was nuking multiple times per pull and constantly below 50% mana JUST BECAUSE they didn't see me when I nuked. People are quick to attack others in their groups, and it's easy to point a finger at the guy sitting there medding because they aren't watching that person the whole time and seeing that they are actively nuking during fights.

Here's what you have to do. You have to create the groups. I know. I've been there, and I have experienced how hard it can be to put a group together when you have people that love to ask what camp you have, do you have a cleric, do you have an enchanter, etc. When you are the wizard (or any class that is not part of the holy trinity of Tank/Healer/Crowd Control), it takes a lot longer on average to get a full group together. But... if you want to play a non holy trinity class AND you don't have friends to join ready-made groups, then you have to put the time and effort in to putting the groups together yourself.

The best advice I can give you is put your group together at the beginning of peak time. For central time zone, that means 5pm. People are just getting home, and ready to join a group. If you wait another 1 to 2 hours, you have generally moved in to the "camps are all taken, holy trinity classes are all in groups already, and the only people getting groups on average are replacements for group members leaving". If you don't have a group by 7pm central, go watch tv or something. Just being honest.

Of course, that's just my 2 coppers. Best of luck.
  5. Jaxarale01 Augur

I don't do a group at Juggs without 3 caster dps... period. is just too slow otherwise. I like 2 mages and a Weezord but ill take 2 Weezords or even 3 for that matter.
    If they know anything one nukes this Jugg while the other 2 med... next Wizz nukes next mob and on and on it spins crushing the life out of the Juggs!

Gives them 2 mobs worth of ooc regen and they are FM when their turn comes around and they can melt the thing...
  6. Machentoo Augur

There is no ooc regen...
  7. Risiko Augur

I assumed what he meant was let them sit through a couple fights to get mana back rather than nuking every fight. Whether there is out of combat mana regen or not, its about not being upset that they are not nuking on every pull.
  8. Machentoo Augur

No, he described a specific strategy that only works if there is ooc regen. With ooc regen, it makes more sense to have 1 wizard chain nuke one mob while the other 2 med through ooc. With ooc regen, a wizard can go from oom to FM over the space of 2-3 juggs as he described. You aren't going to med to full in 2 mobs with no ooc regen, unless you were at 90% to begin with.
  9. Golgothird Journeyman

I spent the entire weekend in plane of fire field 2. As best I can tell, I got around 160 AA's on my level 65s, and leveled two toons from 50 to 65 with about 30 AA's each.

I'm kind of regretting that now, since I have nothing to do on most of my characters except bank AA's until GoD comes out.
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

Agreed. Unless you're boxing and forget to sit your wizards down, there's no difference in all nuking once per fight (rain, of course), or alternating. It's the same sitting/casting time in any case.
  11. Fluid Augur

hehe, I look at mana bars constantly to see who is sandbagging. Funny thing is I was running an Enchanter saw a couple of PCs in the group at full mana so I /w'd them. Turned out one was a Cleric and between the twinked Paladin tank, crowd control, Bard songs, breeze, it just wasn't necessary for him to cast a heals in several hours of play. He did do his bit by off tanking adds and what not.
  12. Machentoo Augur

Should be nuking then...
  13. Risiko Augur

This is why I prefer being in Discord (or Teamspeak/Ventrilo) with group members. Chatting with your fellow group members ensures that there are no sandbaggers lol.