Increase plat limit in /bazaar

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tinyfeet, Sep 6, 2017.

1. Tinyfeet Elder

The 2,000,000 plat limitation has been in effect for as long as I can remember at this point, for both buyers and sellers in the /baz.

Meanwhile, plat continues to infinitely pour into the game, inflation continues to rise (as expected), to the point that we can't even buy/sell any item worth having on the primary trading outlet anymore.

Seems there would be quite a bit of motivation for DBG to increase this cap, especially since you can't even buy/sell kronos on the /baz anymore since they're worth over twice what the /baz cap is... wouldn't being able to go sell a stack of kronos to a /barter be a decent motivator - compared to having to spam general chat for hours?

Doing away with this outdated cap would also help to curb all of the krono flipping too.

To me it just seems we have regressed quite a ways, having to revert back to archaic spam tactics to peddle our goods...that nonsense belongs in 1999, not 2017.

Regards...
    narksar and Maedhros like this.
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

3. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

It must be Wednesday!
  4. Tinyfeet Elder

Thanks for the useful, constructive responses.
    narksar likes this.
  5. svann Augur

No. Everyone should go back to the free bazaar in Commonlands tunnel. Everything was so much better then! (s)
  6. Maedhros High King

I wish they could increase the bazaar limit, and your argument that we are regressing to spamming general chat to sell items tha are too expensive for the bazaar to handle is true. I hate having to spam general chat to try to sell an item, but the need to increase the bazaar limit has been brought up 1000 times over the years and the response is always that the devs cannot change the cap.
  7. Millianna Augur

This topic is been discussed at nauseoum and the devs said no. No reason to spam a thread once week.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Wasn't this why they added Nobles ?
    Miss_Jackie likes this.
  9. xukil of luclin Curator of a UI

The problem is that Everquest is a 32 bit game and platinum is based on copper. You can not have 2^32 (4294967296) unique numbers in a 32 bit system. So 4.29 billion unique numbers. I am sure some of the extra bits are used for flags or something else...point is there is a architecture issue not a want to issue.
  10. smash Augur

2 mil sounds like a fair amount.

If want more use auction channel.
    asfasfasfasf and Jumbur like this.
  11. svann Augur

No one is going to use auction. They will just continue to use General until it becomes enough of a problem that the devs will decide to do something.
  12. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Using the /auction channel is good netiquette, and it was encouraged back in the pre-bazaar days...
  13. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

There are a number of ways around this 32 bit limit. They probably just do not see a good risk/reward ratio in implementing any of them.

It would probably be easier to just make another coin denomination but that likely has low to no payoff as well.
  14. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Come up with something to discuss that hasn't had dozens of threads already and receive more constructive responses.

There is a search function, top right on this web page. It even has the word "search" in the search field to identify itself.
  15. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

16. smash Augur

And then it will be a problem for those that uses general, they could just use that special channel that is made for that purpose.

People can ofc also put people who abuse the wrong channel on ignore or they can also right click on the channel and report the thing as spam.
    Or report them and then devs might look at it.

Thats the tools people got if they think some people misuse the channels, and thats the spammers risk using wrong channel.

And maybe at some point, devs might make so, abuse the right you got to use the channels, you might lose some of those rights, for a period of time.
  17. Act of Valor The Newest Member

You can't pay people in Nobles through the bazaar. It was a failed attempt at... I don't even know what, but the only use Nobles have is Marcia.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  18. smash Augur

Think it was an attempt to get Money out the game. As only use as you say is Marcia, and they will never be traded between players.
  19. svann Augur

1. Have you ever even tried to use the tool you are recommending? Auction doesnt even work. It's never worked. Its not global. Thats why no one ever uses it.
    2. Its not against the rules to sell in general so quit with the threats to get devs to hand out punishment.
  20. Maedhros High King

I have always struggled with the concept that they cannot increase the bazaar plat limits but I can have 100 million plat in my personal bank.
    There is definitely a way to work around this, but I have no idea what it is.
    Maybe scrapping the current bazaar function and create a new one that does not use copper silver or gold. If platinum was the base currency in the bazaar, I think we could get to some pretty outrageously huge maximum numbers even in a 32 bit system.
    Someone who is better at math could probably tell us how many maximum copper pieces you can have, now change the word copper with platinum. Presto!
    svann likes this.