Howling Stones (Agnrarr)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sabra, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Cannan Journeyman

6+ people with insta-dispell clickies and u think you can just click before them?
  2. Communist Puppy Augur

Easily, as they arent chain clicking it the second the mob spawns because it has a finite amount of charges..
  3. sneakyflute New Member

Some of these zones and quests weren't designed to accommodate this kind of population and all the inconsiderate schmucks. You never saw these types of bottlenecks during EQ's heyday.
  4. Dipity New Member

5. Dipity New Member

6. Urshulgi Augur

It's frustrating for me because I really enjoyed the dungeon crawl aspect of howling stones back in the day. I would love to do it on TLP, but they really messed up by not just opening the freaking zone or making the chancellor spawn every five minutes.
    Wayylon likes this.
  7. Wayylon Augur

So many easy fixes for this:

Decrease spawn time
    Di'zok drops multiple prods
    Make prod no drop/no rent
    Randomize spawn point inside the fort
    Lower /pick thresh hold
    Remove key requirement for HS

You can't keep in classic key quests when you have unclassic fire mage pets that nuke for 692. Di'zok only has 2k hitpoints, the 3 mage box crew insta kills him 692×3=2,076.
  8. Protocol Dragon Defender

What kind of dungeon crawl do you expect to get if they open the zone? There would be 80 people in there.
  9. Wayylon Augur

No.....

/pick
  10. Ellis Elder

It is far from the case that people are using mage staff dispels on every single chancellor spawn. It's not even worth doing most of the time, it's more often a straight dps race in the times i've been there. Instant charm + instant gate is going to work a lot of the time. Just because something CAN be countered doesn't mean it will be, since you dont know what tactics people are using. You can only counter so many strats when the action happens so fast.
  11. Rhadamanthus New Member

Yeah, I know a wizard who has gotten several HS keys solo simply by pre-casting a pbaoe timed to hit when the mob spawns and then landing one big nuke for >50% hp. With all the other people nearby DPSing/dispelling etc the mob usually is just outright killed and he gets the prod since he did more than half its HP in damage.

I also know someone who has used a few instant-gate potions and puppet string charges successfully as well. He has said he has about a 2/3rds success rate with that method but it's not guaranteed because there's a lot of people doing a lot of the instant Chancellor spawns so it is kind of random who is going to come out on top.
  12. Wayylon Augur

52 in zone and no /pick available.

Unlock HS
  13. Machentoo Augur

How do you pretime a pbae when it doesn't have a fixed respawn time?
  14. HoodenShuklak Augur

I guess you could duck it... but i did this camp at launch and if it was a straight dps race it was a 1 cast fight and it died before you could visually see it and react. If it got charmed then the fights went longer. When it was a couple parties dps racing the fight was typically 10 seconds.

Eveyone was 51 at this time tho...
  15. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Dare I say that some people have an ability to time this spawn down to the millisecond using something other than a stopwatch.....
  16. Machentoo Augur

You can say it, but you'll be wrong. 3rd party software cannot predict a spawn any more accurately than a stopwatch can.
  17. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Great I'll take your word for it then and leave it at that.
  18. Machentoo Augur

Wise move.
  19. daffie999 Augur

People who use 3rd party software could do all sorts of things faster and more accurately than someone with a stopwatch. An application that sorts through network data could determine the exact moment something spawns and warn you, cast your spell, send your pet, click your item. People hide the software behind virtual desktops typically, which makes it harder for DBG to catch.

Those people are all scum and a world without them would be better off.
  20. Machentoo Augur

Yeah, it can start casting the instant the mob spawns. What it cannot do is start casting 3 seconds before the mob spawns, if the mob is on a variable respawn timer, because it does not know the mob is going to spawn in 3 seconds.

Give me a break, I was there for the SK wars in Kunark on Fippy.