Live Update Bugs 08/16/17

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Xorsazis Augur

PM Sent!
    klanderso likes this.
  2. Drogba Augur

The following quest appears to be broken:

TBM - Crypt of Decay
    Quest: Duplicity
    Task step 3: Gather the body of one of Anashti Sul's servants. 0/1
    [IMG]
    Clicking all over it on 2 different characters, nothing happening.
    (and not in a pick zone)
  3. Bigstomp Augur

I'm not positive if this is a new bug or not.

If you have an heirloom+lore bag in the shared bank and the same heirloom+lore bag in your inventory, you cannot use the ctrl+click functionality to drop stuff from the one in your inventory into the one in the shared bank.
  4. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I read your note too quickly and missed that you said he said: "here is my recommendation"... Though it would help if you gave me the exact phrase (logs). I advise checking your inventory for the note, but I'll take a peek. I'm not aware of any changes to the quest or NPC and that part of the quest has worked correctly for 10 months... so...check again. (don't forget bank... lore checks bank!)

EDIT:

I gave myself every quest that Scribe Oastalides is checking, and recieved this:
    [Mon Aug 28 09:07:10 2017] Scribe Oastalides says, 'Of course! You are indeed an ally of the Combine and we appreciate your service! Here is my recommendation.'
    [Mon Aug 28 09:07:10 2017] You have been given: Scribe Oastlides' Recommendation
    [Mon Aug 28 09:07:10 2017] Your task 'Concerned Citizens' has been updated.

One thing I notice is that I do *NOT* have a "I lost the item and need it again" check in that part of the quest. If he has already given you the item, he will not (it is actually the TASK giving you the item, not him... and if that task element is done it gives nothing)
    Since that is VERY early in the quest and the steps thus far are not onerous, if you cannot find the "Scribe Oastlides' Recommendation" item, drop the quest and try again.
  5. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

When trying to sell back my completely unaugged and no ornament Deathseeker's Flameweaver Sleeves to either raid vendor in TBM (PoHealth, PoTranquility), I receive an error message that the item has an aug and cannot be sold back. "This item contains an augment that I can't accept." I have tried re-augging and removing augs again, to no avail.
  6. Rorce Augur

I seem to recall having this issue before. Equip the piece, remove your power source, then unequip the piece, then try and see if it works.

It's been a while but I seem to recall this being a thing.
  7. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Thanks, that occurred to me too, right before i logged back in here, and it worked.
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

That is the side effect of power sources. They place hidden augments within the items.
    Rorce likes this.
  9. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

A was able to figure it out, was very simple in the fact we (a friend and I) just didnt start it correctly. We got all the texts and everyone talked but the very beginning when you actually start it with "a concerned citizen" is what we missed. Was a short site we just completely overlooked.

All the guides for it was step 1 talk to haird page... not step 1 find a concerned cotizen and say "xxx".

But thank you for looking at it and ensuring I wassnt loosing it!
  10. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Targeting other players (and likely NPCs) is not working well.

During raids I often use /rt playername (or /tar, but I use /rt because it is one letter less, and actually, I don't use the whole player name. For example, I would do /rt fan for Fanra). Last night during a raid it was hardly working.

This is a major problem when I want to target someone's corpse for a call to corpse or rez. Please check on this.
  11. Thunderkiks Augur

Also missing from housing are the pottery wheel and Kiln.
  12. Randragon Augur

On one of my accounts I can save a 'hotbar set' but when I go to load it it acts like its not seeing it. Now, I did these hotbar setups after the last patch on my one account. my other account its working fine. Note that I haven't done any new saving of hotbars on the account that works since the last patch. It's only the most recent account that's not working to save hotbuttons since the patch.
  13. Zhaunil_AB Augur

I have saved new spellsets since the last patch too and have no problems at all.
    So i doubt it is a general issue.

Check your "charactername_server.ini" file.
    Make sure it is not write-protected of course.
    (open in some texteditor)
    In there you see [SpellLoadouts]
    under which the saved spellsets are listed.
    Make sure you see the name you entered, e.g.
    SpellLoadout1.name=lvl105_Tank01
    Also make sure that the corresponding
    SpellLoadout1.inuse=1
    shows the "1"

Other than that:
    It looks like the file is limited to 30spellsets, but i doubt anyone is reaching that limit.
    More than 10 is already quite cumbersome.
  14. Randragon Augur

Zhaunil wrote:
    I checked this out and its not saving my spell loadouts in game to the ini file for some reason. It has an old hot bar set which I don't have anymore. It did have the inuse to '1' though.

Any other suggestions to why its not saving my hotbars?
  15. Qbert Gallifreyan

Try to right-click the exe and run as administrator. I ran into this about a year ago; some change with either EQ or Win10 or both caused it to change its behavior when it came to saving settings.
    Yinla likes this.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Yahnoa is under the world in Beast Domain on AB. Blocking me from finishing the merc tasks :(

Tracked it with my druid and stood on top of it, could target it but sadly too far away to respond :(
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Seems AB crashes did something useful for a change, tracked and above world. :)
  18. Siny Augur

Except /uptime shows AB hasnt crashed for 12 days....AB is instead doing an awful lot of pretending to be down on the server screen ( probably every 2nd or 3rd zoning timeout currently)

DB probably just repopped the zone.
  19. Siny Augur

Advanced Loot suddenly seems to be causing the client to crash eg changing an item that was previously never to always greed. It did this tonight on both my accounts, repeatedly (now that tinkering items now stack far better I decided these toons now had the bagspace to be able to collect for my gnome).
  20. eliandra Elder

so .... https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...el-and-zoning-lag-on-ab-server.238603/page-28

ab is worst and wost every day ... list of bug :

- house guild hall vanish
    -fellowship vanish
    -error at login choose server (sometimes more than 15 mins )
    -this double exp week end i seen server down 5 times for 5 to 10 mins(and rollback/lost aa items /named killed)
    -quest/instance bug , step not valide cause lag(or other pb )
    -raiding is impossible with sometimes more than 2 mins in chat lag !!!
    -near 5 mins to zone when not crash during this time
    -no eta for when ALL this problems will be fix !!!

consequence :

on the tread you can see lot of players stoped subscriptions .... why do you think they will pay for a service like that ?
    first tread about bugs since 8 month ... and answer from a gm 2 month after !!!

you propose a move "one by one" on a us server user (we are european we don t play/raid at the same time : no player here to have a living raid guild !! )

enough is enough !!! fix this fast !!