Agnarr -- Chancellor of Di'zok

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Wayylon, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Wayylon Augur

-Lower the spawn time
    -Randomize the spawn location
    -Change Jade Chokdai Prod to: No Drop, Temporary 30 mins
  2. Feliz Journeyman

Even better: Just drop the requirement for keys for Chardok.
  3. AgentofChange Augur

I think we'd be better off if they increased the timer to ~ 6 hours, had the chancellor drop 6 jade chokidai prod's and made them not lore. Also, mighty buff him so he can't spawn in picks.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

If it was like the seb key not a single thread would have been made about this key. I mean... if his timer was 20 minutes anyone who wanted a key would have one.
  5. Gingyr Elder

HOW DARE YOU NOT GIVE ME FREE ACCESS TO THE BEST XP ZONE TIL PLANE OF FIRE!!!!!
  6. Nekromancy Elder

Chardok actually has no key requirements.

Unless you think spending an entire day to get a HS key qualifies as good exp.

You could just get 5 levels in chardok instead of wasting time getting keyed.
  7. Xanathol Augur

Just unlock HS and VP. It is pathetic that mage bot armies are camping a key piece in LoIL for profit (whoever pays them, you're part of the problem too) and greifers are so bad on the VP key that they are stacking bodies on ground spawns to prevent others from getting it. Unlocking the zones would take their ball away from the game of '' that they apparently like to play.
    Itune1, Rouan and Wayylon like this.
  8. RandomStrategy Augur

I'm only a little upset that I need to get a HS key to get that sweet new shield from Kunark Archaeologist.
  9. Wayylon Augur

Currently a Mage bot army sitting on the spawn.

There was a 6 box Necro bot army all yesterday.

Ya this is good game play. All these boxes are being controlled from one key board with [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software]... so true box server... nope.

Anyways this isn't about boxers who are actually botting. This is about the Chancellor spawn needing a change.

Give it a timer change, make the the JCD No Drop and No Rent for the next couple months, randomize the spawn point to anywhere in the fort... Any of these changes would be good enough, 2 or all of them would be better.
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

I was part of the first group in there and i believe i would have leveled faster and easier in seb.
  11. Wayylon Augur

Already 60 not concerned about XP.

Just boxers holding an entire zone hostage.
  12. Wayylon Augur

Ok he just spawned, with no spear.

He was nuked down in seconds, I think I got one swing off.

How are you going to have classic key mechanics when you have un-classic Fire pets nuking 700 dmg at lvl 58 lmao. Insta 700 dmg times however many boxes you have, this server is a joke.
  13. Febb Augur

Welcome to classic open world content on a game not designed to have over 2000 people on a server. You either suck it up and get your drops later or beat your head against a wall over and over again. I doubt Daybreak is going to change much considering their development schedule right now.
  14. MarttinPH Augur

I think you meant Charsis, Chardok doesn't require a key to enter.
  15. Illusory Augur

Even if their development schedule was clear, they still wouldn't change anything because it's all about the krono. As long as people buy krono to pay for things that they otherwise wouldn't be able to obtain, why would they change that cash flow model? Ethically speaking it's piss poor, but when you have an investment company pulling the strings, what else can you do?

Let me give you a few situations where DBG would be forced to make changes,

1) The community ceased buying krono from ALL sources.

This would hurt Daybreak to the point where their investment company would get involved. It would also hurt farmers because their revenue would dry up.

2) Cancel your subscriptions

I can't speak for how these servers are hosted, but it probably isn't in house. And, if they are using 'cloud' or data center hosting for these servers, then it is not cheap. I think it's safe to say that these 'premium' subscriptions @ $12-$15/month are not keeping these servers afloat, and if so, just barely. With mass account cancellations, farmers would dry up and the parent company would come knocking.

(Hypothetically speaking of course.)
  16. AgentofChange Augur

It still amazes me that there are actual people, real people who live in our real world, who purchase, from Daybreak, a krono for 17.99 American Dollars.
  17. Illusory Augur

You're telling me?! They're already paying ($14/month) x (# of accounts)!

I suspect it's the same type of person that would buy from a scalper. The same type of person that would pay an inflated premium for that hot Christmas item for their kid (or their own collection.) People that couldn't be bother to take the time to do it on their own and would rather just pay to play.

LOL, https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/agnarr-wtb-kc-monk-pipe-8krono.243535/

Guy looking to buy a virtual piece equivalent to $144 dollars.

I rest my case. :)
  18. Naudee New Member

So you are angry that some people have more disposable income and leverage that to achieve things in an 18 year old video game or whatever other thing they choose. Welcome to how life works. Some people will be drinking Macallen 18 yr and smoking a Behike while you are stuck with bud light and a marlboro
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  19. Kahna Augur

Is it really the equivilant of $144 though? I mean, it's not to me. I have more than enough krono to fund my accounts for year and I earn more than I spend keeping those accounts open. 8 Krono is a drop in the bucket to plenty of people who have never spent a dime on them. Most folks who are buying from DBG's buy in ones and two. $17.99 is a couple of frapucinnos, and would give a newbie toon a nice little head start, especially now that low level groups are thinning. It is well worth the expense to many. Just look at how much folks spend on stupid stuff like pet illusions. If that's what makes them happy more power to them.
  20. Illusory Augur

The funny thing is that the person drinking aged whiskey and smoking the cuban cigar isn't the person with the discretionary income. It's the person selling the items at an inflated price who's going to be living that lifestyle.

Would you buy that pipe for $144?

In all situations, yes.