Bonus Experience for Labor Day Weekend?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Shihan, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Shihan New Member

Are we getting any?
  2. AgentofChange Augur

Asking on a Tuesday? Ha, you must be new here. They refuse to give us more than like 4 hours notice about any bonus.
  3. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

This would be helpful to know. Any sale or bonus exp for labor day? :)
  4. Galleyan Augur

[IMG]
    Sorry, couldn't stop myself.
    Risiko and RandomStrategy like this.
  5. Brumans Augur

I suspect we'll get some combo of:

Bonus experience
    Marketplace discount
    Membership sale

None of which will be announced before, at earliest, on Thursday hehe. But probably more like Friday midday.
  6. Tyreel Augur

It is possible the info is just there to throw us off but...

Last year from files in eq folder was, that matched last years sale/Bonus.

Labor Day Weekend
    You'll see double experience during the Labor Day weekend! In addition, members will receive a 40% membership discount from items purchased in the Marketplace.
    LDW

Same section of file now updated is.

Bonuses: Bonuses for Labor Day Weekend
    You'll see double experience during the Labor Day weekend! In addition, members will receive a 25% membership discount from items purchased in the Marketplace.
    LDW
  7. Damezza Augur

what are the best things to purchase during this sort of sale? just bought my duo box mounts dammi
  8. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Weapon crates (20 slot heirloom box) and exp potions if you need them.
  9. AsYouWish New Member

They've done bonus starting Friday at Noon Pacific and ending Tuesday at the same time every year. Don't see why this year would be any difference.

Usually 50%
  10. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

We have to know what is going to happen before it happens, no surprises! We aren't playing 17 year old content because we like surprises and/or change!
    Chatoyan and Sumonerr_Tunare like this.
  11. Raltar Augur

They always announce it like, 1 day before the event starts. So we probably shouldn't expect anything until tomorrow.
    Illusory likes this.
  12. Finchy Augur

last year was 40%, this year only gonna be 25%? hmmm
  13. Damezza Augur

business. not complaining. im genuinely happy this game is still playable as there arent any other games i enjoy as much
    Illusory likes this.
  14. Itune1 New Member

I expect "double" to equal 100%
  15. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

https://www.everquest.com/news/double-xp-marketplace-25-off-sale-september-2017

Since these forums have trouble with telling time that's 3:00 PM Eastern Standard Time.
    Finley likes this.
  16. Semah Augur

:confused: ...no. No it's...I...no... :confused: Urk. :eek:
  17. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Sorry, they never learned me what EDT was in the south. Pretty sure everyone that everyone that lives in the US can figure it out anyway.
  18. Phantom Ghost Augur

If they cannot figure out pacific to eastern, and you cannot figure out that est is currently central time, how would they figure it out.

Maybe if you said you are in AZ I could understand the confusion.
  19. snailish Augur

or the announcement could just say the key time conversions (pacific, central, eastern?) everyone always posts and gets confused about anyways (accounting for daylight savings time, which not every jurisdiction in North America does iirc).
  20. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

The devs should take no pity on these fools! With all the free education and technology available, if you cannot figure out how to convert the time in one zone to the zone you are in/care about, you probably have much bigger problems.

They should make it more complicated. Post the schedules in local solar time but randomly select the "local" part for each event.