Ragefire LDoN Open?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jewelzz, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Jewelzz New Member

Early this morning US time a server broadcast went out on Ragefire that the barrior to LDoN was shimmering and to see your Priest of Discord for more information.

Is this the opening trigger for LDoN?
  2. Aegir Augur

If It's 3 months since PoP opened on Ragefire? then yes.

If not, there was a ninja LDoN opening on phinigel too that was reversed pretty quickly.
  3. Jewelzz New Member

It was "scheduled" out to land on the 29th, Tuesday, but that Broadcast definitely went out on the server.

I don't know if they've always been there, but there was now a parcel vendor at the Butcherblock Wayfarer camp.
  4. Semah Augur

Confirming the BB wayfarer camp has always had a parcel vendor. Pretty convenient!
  5. Raltar Augur

Should unlock on Tuesday at 12 noon pacific.
    Adonhiram likes this.
  6. Adonhiram Augur

12 noon is 12 AM, right ? Would be 9 PM or 10 PM for us western Europeans then.
    Belit likes this.
  7. Raltar Augur

Noon is 12 PM. Midnight is 12 AM.
  8. Belit Lorekeeper

Exactly the opposite is true.
    Midnight is 12pm (or 0am), noon is 12am (or 0pm).
  9. Belit Lorekeeper

Right. LDoN will open on 9pm (21.00 Uhr) your time.
  10. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Not sure if trolling or if maybe there's some crazy voodoo European time oddities. But midnight is 12 a.m. Noon is 12 p.m. At least that's how time works in the USA.
  11. Belit Lorekeeper

I just looked it up before posting. No trolling.
  12. Belit Lorekeeper

With your logic 1pm comes one hour after 12pm. Can't be.
  13. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

14. welly321 Elder

Take a look everyone. There are still people this stupid out there.
  15. Adonhiram Augur

If even our fellow players from north America debate about what 12 AM and 12 PM means, I suggest you adopt the European (minus UK they are a bit special, ya know) system in 24 hours !

Noon = 12:00 Midnight = 24:00 or 0:00

You stand up at 06:00, the offices (in France and Italy) are half closed between 12:30 and 14:30 because people have lunch, my german brothers meet their friends for a beer at 18:00 and social diners in Paris never start before 20:30 but I like to go to bed early at 23:30. And Darkwind raids start at 19:00.

--> Problem solved !
    Xyroff-cazic. likes this.
  16. Raltar Augur

I actually prefer the 24 hour clock for this very reason. Everyone always argues over it and it is such a simple change.
  17. Symbius Augur

It's actually neither. The times 0:00 and 12:00 cannot be "Post Meridiem" or "Ante Meridiem", since neither time is Post or Ante. The proper expression should be 12:00 Midnight and 12:00 Noon.

However, most people cannot grasp the concept of it being neither and commonly state 12pm as Noon and 12am as Midnight. Especially since it makes the most logical sense to those with an inferior understanding of the meaning of AM and PM.
  18. Thash Zoner

Your logic is flawed. Midday - the point of measurement - is but an instant, gone when 11:59:59 AM (morning) strikes 12:00:00 PM. Anything after that instant is appropriately labeled post meridiem (afternoon).

12 midnight = 12 AM. (After 11:59:59 PM)

12 noon = 12 PM. (After 11:59:59 AM)

It's so simple... look it up.
  19. Semah Augur

12 is congruent to 0 (mod 12).
    24 is congruent to 0 (mod 12).

I'm reasonably happy in either the 12x2 or the 24hr system. What I'm unhappy with is the way people say "EST" in the Summer when they mean "EDT".
  20. Kruggan_Darkblood Lorekeeper

Based on this it sounds like 3:01AM EST (12:01AM) Thursday morning, but per the last game update on 8/24, we have this also: