Rogue Pick Pocket Loot Table

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by SGTBrigand, Aug 26, 2017.

1. MaxTheLion Augur

2. Prathun Developer

snailish likes this.
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Prathun please, you can just kill the Jeweled sentinel.

Ikkinz 4 was the correct answer you have to repeat the 5th grade.
    malaki likes this.
  4. mackal Augur

5. Funk Augur

I'm sure you feel all warm and fuzzy but I was actually trying to help the person who posted the thread.
    Nice way to enter a conversation and identify yourself as a though.
  6. Coppercoz Augur

/boggle. Newflash...rogue dps on group mobs is somewhat consistent, but can vary wildly depending on the rng. Some group mobs, I'll do 400dps while others can be 1200 dps. There's no way you'd ever be able to parse out an effect of pickpocket. It's either nil or so small you won't be able to notice.

Back when I bothered to hit my pickpocket macro(we need it for epic), I would auto split at the end of course session. Ppl were so excited to get that 2pp.
  7. Skecpa Journeyman

This is not quite accurate, 'Lore' items can be pick pocketed, the notes for the epic are lore items. I agree on 'magic' and 'no drop/trade' however. (Adding the 'Magic' tag to spells ruined my life in Velious. Not being KoS in Growth was quite lucrative.)

Well, whenever you succeed and your pick yields coin, you pick half of however many of that coin the mob was carrying. You'll notice that each time you pick you will pick half as much as the previous time with some slight variance on odd amounts (I believe if you picked 3pp you can potentially pick 1pp twice more). You can never completely empty the mob of coin, it stops at 1 of each type they were carrying.

So, technically, if it lives long enough you can pick pocket well over half the loot!
  8. -wycca Augur

Mostly true, but there's an incorrect part, which is testable at hill or ice giants. There's an upper limit on how much coin you can pick pocket, which I believe is like 9 or 10, which is independent of how much coin the mob is carrying.
  9. Skecpa Journeyman

Had to go test it myself... Ice Giant in Everfrost, stole 14pp in one pick, killed it and it dropped 14pp.
    Another Ice Giant: picked 18pp, dropped 18pp
    Picked Lady Vox down to 1gp, 1sp, 1cp but couldn't get any pp out of her after about 10 attempts. (and it gets annoying when a giant roams close enough to aggro and get you ported out)
    kanen likes this.
  10. -wycca Augur

Weird, I spent a few hours in Classic in Rathe testing this. I wonder if it's instead a function of pick pocket skill level.
  11. Aziuno Augur

I was merely pointing out changes that not everyone knows. Personally I stopped bothering pick pocketing once max skill, and now just use evade by itself so I don't have to bother with macros to attack off.
    I entered the conversation explaining mechanics of pickpocket itself, before trying to add advice onto your advice.
    Thanks for calling me a name though.
  12. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Don't let 6 * bother you, pretend he is covering up "genius" but he did not want to fully acknowledge your depth and breadth of roguely knowledge.
  13. captnstudy Lorekeeper

wow, this guys is a idiot
  14. kanen New Member

This sounds right. I have been able to pickpocket 19pp from Hill Giants in Rathe Mountains.
  15. Prathun Developer

I don't think it was intended that killing the jeweled sentinel was a viable way around the pickpocket strat, at least not in era. But back to 5th grade it is! (Where'd I leave my backpack and Transformers?)