Rogue Pick Pocket Loot Table

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by SGTBrigand, Aug 26, 2017.

1. SGTBrigand New Member

I found myself in a bit of an ethical quandary after stealing a valuable gem earlier today, so I went off looking for information on where Rogue pickpocket loot comes from only to find there is seemingly no consensus on that information. Consequently, I find myself left with two questions:

1.) Does anyone have any evidence for or against the claim that Rogue Pick Pocket pulls items from a secondary loot table and NOT from the loot normally apportioned to the group?

2.) If so, is this loot table behind a particular expansion, or is it universal (i.e., does it also occur on Agnarr)?

Any info you guys have would be great; while I already sold the loot, I still felt (minorly) uncomfortable at the thought I was possibly taking loot from my party.
  2. -wycca Augur

There is no 2ndary loot table. You pull pick pocket directly from the main loot.
  3. Sagarmatha Augur

Rogues are miserable for a few expansions; they deserve a little extra loot. On live, however, they're SICK.
  4. Fluid Augur

IMHO, bad form. Point being, to be able to pickpocket, you have to be out of combat. So you are basically standing there getting a larger share of group loot then anyone else while benefiting with group experience from the members who actually do the kill.

If the other group members are OK with that fine, I never have been. Oddly enough, I've seldom ran into a Rogue that saw things the same way. Gets me PO'd when you have a wipe because the Rogue was tabbed out of combat using 'pickpocket' instead of doing their job.
  5. MaxTheLion Augur

Since when?
  6. Raynard Augur

You only have to have auto-attack off, not be out of combat. Anyone that pickpockets regularly has a hotkey to shut off auto attack, pick pockets, then turn it back on. This can easily be accomplished between swings, losing 0 dps. You never wiped because a rogue was pick pocketing...
    Genoane and MaxTheLion like this.
  7. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

You do rogue, don't let anyone tell you different!
  8. Kattria Minx Augur

You need to skill up your pickpocket for epic. The success rate of pickpocket is embarrassingly low. It's so easy to get cash drops now with /advloot and /autosplit so other players really have no ground to complain/worry that you're getting all their phat lewts. Grats on your rare gem. most of what you'll pick are a a few coins or useless words/runes/pages.
  9. Semah Augur

My mobs' pockets are the least terrifying place I worry about rogues' hands being.

I read the Quon. I know what's up.
    Kattria Minx likes this.
  10. Fluid Augur

Which you could add to my point: They could, they just don't. MOB would die faster which would mean they wouldn't get their skill ups and loot. You also can't do it while you have aggro i.e. main tank or drawing aggro from doing a back stab last time I checked which is another reason they often suck in a group role. I understand there have probably been one or two Rogues created since the game went live that don't care to use pick pocketing skill, I may have even run into a few. People are weak, temptation to get free [experience, loot, skill ups] is just too great for some of them.

I'll have to check one of my old Rogues to be sure, but I will challenge your assertion that tabbing out of combat, pick pocketing, and attacking again does not effect DPS. In the absence of a parse, I just googled it and found none, I will go with my gut instinct. Since you didn't post a parse result, gut instinct is probably what you are going with too.
  11. MaxTheLion Augur

You're wrong on all accounts so far. Your initial statement and your consecutive ones trying to salvage. A Rogue can solo, full aggro face tank and still Pick Pocket as long as he turns off auto attack. The time / macro is takes to attack off - Pick Pocket - attack on is so negligible you'd be hard pressed to ever find a difference in a parse unless you miraculously found a weapon that had 0 delay.

I don't understand why it's the least informed people that have the biggest desire to talk.
  12. Seiffil Lorekeeper

The only requirement for pickpocketing is you need attack turned off. It used to be something that was often macro'd into an evade key back when rogues had to turn off auto attack before hitting hide when evading. It has minimal impact on the dps.

Your gut instinct is wrong, listen to the people who are playing rogues now and stop trying to tell the active players you know better than we do.
  13. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Hi I'm a rogue, if I want to pickpocket it's like a 2% dps loss and thats with 225% haste. In kunark with the garbage gear most rogues wear I doubt you would even suffer a delayed swing.

And yes I can do it while I facetank something, thanks for the input.

Here is what this very complicated macro would look like please let me know if any of it needs to be explained.

[IMG]
    Genoane likes this.
  14. Fluid Augur

So let's add up what I said and most of it you don't contest i.e. Rogues pool from group pool isn't even questioned/or contradicted. Google it, you will find hundreds of posts that find the habit in poor taste. That they could run a macro that will reduce the amount of action DPS, well I said I have experienced Rogues in my group that never even went into combat. I've also found them pick pocketing MOBs that other groups have engaged, practicing back stab without asking on other people's MOBs. I could sell my house and give all the money to charity so I am a good guy even if I don't? Your logic escapes me. I also asked you to parse it, which you didn't do but came up with a 2% figure. Great, I don't want you in my group because you are taking half the loot and only doing 98% of the DPS you could have breen doing if you hadn't been looting the MOB.

Because I object to lower loot and DPS, you insult me. Understand you have not proven a single thing I have said wrong, what you have done is minimize negative effects in your own mind and therefore I don't know what I am talking about. I would say you are typical of the Rogues in EQ and specifically why I suspect every Rogue of being a bad actor beforey the prove otherwise.

I'm out of the thread. Pointless now the arguments is I should put up with it.
  15. Funk Augur

You combo your evade with pick pocket. You are going to evade anyway so at least every evade you get a chance at some loot.

/attack off
    /do 1 (hide)
    /do 4( Pick Pocket)
    /attack on.
  16. Aziuno Augur

Yes pickpocket does share the same loot table, but you are overlooking a key mechanic of pick pocket.

You can pickpocket anything up to a level 45 mob. Once the mob is level 45 or higher, you must be 5 levels above the mobs level to pick pocket anything.

You can not pickpocket anything 'Magic' or 'Lore' or 'No Drop'

This is why the Epic mob's you have to pickpocket are not 60, 70 etc.

So, 'stealing my groups loot' is no longer an issue in Kunark and on.
  17. snailish Augur

They should put a raid in you can only defeat by pickpocketing.

Maybe that's not helpful to the discussion.
  18. Aziuno Augur

Ready for your mind blown?

They changed Evade.
    You can now hit Hide while Auto Attack is on. (and it does Evade)

Also you can Auto Backstab at 61+ if you didn't know =D
  19. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

I think it is good that you got this out, really seems to have been bothering you. Shall we discuss how you feel about pets that are rogues?
  20. Kattria Minx Augur

IF a rogue successfully pickpockets it isn't even close to being "half the loot". Most of the time it's worthless stuff you wouldn't even save for vendor loot. Once in awhile, and I mean very rarely, a rogue might pick a gem or meat. I have more gobs more success on a racial forage (stuck at 50 skill) than I do with a 216 pickpocket skill. And by that I mean, in all the years I've played a rogue (the class I play the most), I've maybe? picked about 1000 plat worth of items. And I've been playing since 1999.