Weird bug in 'Defense of Health'

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Scorrpio, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Scorrpio Augur

Wonder if this happened to anyone else. Took the defense of health HA, started in the middle, and th steps were: kill 5 skirmishers, destroy 4 supply crates(each with 2 guards) kill 5 more skirmishers. That went by fast enough. In fact, by the last skirmisher I went full burn and my druid ended practically OOM.

The next step showing in my quest log was "open the chest". Except no chest spawned. What did spawn right on top of me was a "Putrid Brute" named. I use Good's maps which marks named spawn locations and that spot was not marked. Oh and I got message about the shinys spawning but no "formidable foe approaching". I had to zone out cause I definitely was not ready. I went back, prepped and killed the named - and then combed the zone. No chest. Finally gave up.
  2. Brohg Augur

chest should be at the NPC where you spawned
  3. Millianna Augur

Use CTRL + F. It's located in the find window.
  4. Scorrpio Augur

Tried that. No chest in find window either. I know things like chests don't usually show on track, but I had a druid do a circle around the plane with track up, just in case.. Checked next to every NPC (couple last times I did it was next to Sara Eggers) A couple sites I found talking about that variant stated that chest spawns right next to the spot where mission starts - near the center.

It pretty much looked like I got the named mob spawn INSTEAD of the chest. There was no yellow emote about the named, and it appeared more or less where chest should have been. According to Zam, it usually spawns at 1793, -1023, -27, which is a fair ways away from center, just south of the Trenna Marklan gazebo. My team was approx at 1342, -98, 63, more or less where Tarl Punox usually is, and I had it aggro and on top of me as soon as my quest updated to "Open the chest 0/1"
  5. Orbital101 Augur

WTB /loc :D
  6. Scorrpio Augur

See my post just above yours. Zam has putrid brute pegged roughly 1800,-1000 which is relative to center sorta similar to other named. Mine seems to have popped instead of the chest...
  7. svann Augur

Ive heard of this happening to others several times.
  8. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Sometimes the chest simply doesn't spawn. If it's not on find, it's not there. Start over is your only option. It's been a bug forever.
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Scorrpio Augur

Yeah, I think next time I get that version, I will drop and re-request. Just yesterday, experienced another bug: Lxavnom Labors(btw, is it mis-spelled on purpose?), one task was to collect some texts. Looked up on Zam, it says texts drop off unicorns, cavaliers and other mobs in the basement. Click over to basement, all passages are blocked. Checked track, nothing but bubonians, puslings and some rot eaters. Dropped and re-requested.
  10. Zhaunil_AB Augur

PoHealth:
    We have had reports of chests not spawning throughout TBM and rarely (less people do it now) these days still.
    As was said, it can happen, been like that "forever" - bug was never fixed, is not consistent either so probably hard to trace.
    Redo the task is the only way here sadly.
    Luckily though, this doesn't happen all too often in my experience.

Crypt of Decay/Lxanvom Labors:
    Some dev has for whatever reason switched the good and evil loot tables.
    Drops from the lower part never matched the in-game description.
    Good side mobs drop evil "souvenirs", evil side mobs drop the unicorn horns etc.
    Also well-documented and also been like that forever.
    No need to drop+reget here.
  11. svann Augur

When I first saw this bug I tried killing upstairs because the basement was all blocked off. Nothing dropped there either. You can try but dont be surprised if you still need to drop it.
  12. Absor Developer

This has been an ongoing nightmare. Note, however, that I just checked and all those chests should be findable.
  13. Zhaunil_AB Augur

There are different steps for the lxanvom labors of course.
    At least one variant - no two - do not involve clicking down:
    The one that plays in the west and one that needs kills in the bubonian area.
    If you get these steps, then indeed all tunnels are blocked off.
    I never once had a tunnel step though and all tunnels blocked off.

But if it has the "unicorn horns" or "heads" steps, then all but TWO tunnels are blocked in the basement.
    Depending which step is asked for (good evil), the according side (north/south) is open but the "opposite" mobs are spawned, since the loot tables were switched.
    Since the tunnels are connected, you can get to the north via an open south exit from central chamber and vice versa of course.

Contrary to PoHealth, any and all Crypt of decay instances i have done were doable.
    Drop and re-get has never been necessary there.
  14. Qbert Gallifreyan

Brownie illusion works for me to get through those blockages, akin to getting through the underwater Hole entrance when it was locked (and before shrouds came in to be able to get the key as a kos character).
  15. Scorrpio Augur

Once again, here is the pattern I determined:
    You need to get two kinds of drops. Some drops come from upstairs, either north wing bubonians or west wing maguses.
    Some drops come from basement mobs.

So far, every single time I get a version where one drop comes from upstairs and another from basement, the basement is completely blocked off and no basement mobs are on track. Sure I could try using brownie illusion but whats the point? The mobs are not there.

I suppose I coiuld try clearing upstairs mobs next time and see if they drop both kinds of items.
    svann likes this.
  16. CrazyLarth Augur

17. KrakenReality Augur

Looks like you never fixed this issue, happened to me completed the task and no chest spawn, back to back. Lucky me.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Very unlucky, saw it happen in one instance too on my run through TBM progression and I think many players have seen it happen once or twice.
    Fixing bugs is usually the easy bit, but it's really difficult to find the actual cause of bugs like this one as they are almost impossible to reliably reproduce.