Howling Stones (Agnrarr)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sabra, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Sabra Lorekeeper

Does this zone still require a key to enter?
  2. Thash Zoner

Yes, also to move throughout the zone.
  3. Sabra Lorekeeper

Well, I guess it's time to visit Chancellor Di'Zok and Xalgoz
  4. Benedictous Journeyman

Its a pretty brutal camp for Chancellor.. GL to ya!
  5. Brumdail New Member

The Chancellor of Di'Zok camp has been the worst experience I have had on Agnarr so far. I have a group, we're in a pick (which we are keeping open). A full group of high level characters clearing the fort and waiting. A bunch of other people who know the timer show up minutes before. Some other group's Bard tries to charm it, druid dispells. It is nuked down within 5 seconds and poof someone (who knows who) walks away with the loot and disappears into the night. What a pain! The bottleneck like this is just plain idiodic design and turns the playerbase very nasty towards each other. All I wanted to do was get to try Howling Stones in the progression server, but it will be weeks before enough people get keys for it.

There is no business for this to be on such a low level enemy to get into a high level dungeon without any other way to acquire it.
    MBear, Wayylon and Urshulgi like this.
  6. Febb Augur

This is how the game is designed for open world content. You either work out a first in line list or be the first to kill it. You will always compete against other people in current content for open world spawns.

A suggestion would be to get enough people in the zone to open a new pick and keep enough people in base and the pick.
  7. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Punchu and Ivorach like this.
  8. SwordandShield Lorekeeper

Are you sure it still requires the keys to move around? I think the West wing is the only locked door now.
  9. daffie999 Augur

The game was designed 17 years ago. It is not designed for a RMT driven, fast timeline, internet cheat sheet EQ TLP world.

What is hilarious (especially for someone with tracking) is to zone into Trak Teeth and see a million Foragers and Hunters up. It is very clear the DBG thought, lets give em seb to level in... and just ignored HS.
    Wayylon and Urshulgi like this.
  10. windbearer Lorekeeper

I'm getting rather tired of this line of reasoning. It's been that way since launch back in 1999 but the key difference is people weren't as big of a jerk back then. I never once had anyone KS me at Bergurgle, Di'zok, <insert random named mob here> back in the day. TLPs, and the RMT/Krono farmer communities are very toxic. Even back in the days of ebay characters this stuff rarely happened. But people always use the "it's a dps race" logic to justify their being complete jerks when they KS someone.
    Wayylon likes this.
  11. Febb Augur

I played back then as well and yes this type of stuff happened all the time. It may have not happened on your server but we had competing guilds on my server and we were always fighting to get keyed/flagged first. We loved the competition.
  12. Finchy Augur

fact of the matter is rules have changed. People used to be punished for KSing, etc. that's not the case anymore. There are 3 options. 1. figure out how to beat people at dps racing. 2. deal with it/move on. 3. play something else.
  13. Cannan Journeyman

Doesn't work, Staff of Elements is clicky insta-Cancel Magic, they are spamming these and using epic mage pets + fire mage pets = gg
    Wayylon likes this.
  14. snailish Augur

My belief, perhaps wrong, is that Hunters and Forager spawns were dramatically increased at some point. I recall it taking an entire afternoon with a tracker to get 5 people keyed back in the day, soloing as a non-tracker I've done the quest kills in 15 mins on TLP, and most of that time was medding in between.

It would be nice if the Howling Stone key pieces were "always" drop from there 2 named (possibly with increased spawn timers) and if there was a zonewide or area of zone random possibility of getting them.

Or (if we are dreaming of extra time spent on this), since it would make sense in the lore, a Cabilis faction based quest to infiltrate HS. Collect various Sarnak parts drops for an NPC in the shaman guild, NPC gives you the key. 3-4 Sarnak camps in different zones would be needed, non-iksars would be killing goblins and collecting bone chips like mad if they didn't want to go for the contested faster original quest.
  15. MaxTheLion Augur

Link?
  16. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

17. Taboo503 New Member

The camp isn't too bad. I went there a couple of days ago at about midnight PST, no one in main pick but a full group in a different pick. I got it free and easy.
  18. Accipiter Old Timer

That is correct. For a period of time, both the number of spawns is increased and the spawn times are decreased. Honestly, I don't know why they didn't just open Seb to 51+ and be done with it. Leave the quest in for the sub-51 characters.
  19. MaestroM Augur

The more i read from dev posts and the more the playerbase reacts positively (with $$$) to quality of life changes such as removal of annoying bottlenecks/instancing and other things that serve only to keep players from being able to play the game the more I have come to believe that the dev's get it.

They know what we want and they know that generally a game without contentless roadblocks (Marl, trivial keys for high level dungeons and other aspects of the game that don't add value they just slow it down) is better than one with such roadblocks.

I really think the only reason EQ has all of these bottlenecks is the dev team has deadlines for other things and there really is no one on the team that has a day or two to sort through all of the data, change it, QC it, and push it. It's probably less complicated that designing a new encounter, but probably more complicated than just flipping a switch. Probably more like walking into a football stadium with 100,000 switches and finding the right one and then making sure that that switch only turned on the correct light.
  20. Communist Puppy Augur

Just do it before they click it, both items linked are insta cast, thats why its a game.