How amazing does it feel to be on Agnarr right now?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sagarmatha, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Sagarmatha Augur

Just got my Sebilis key. Already had a City of Mist group. GOOD TIMES!
    Roxxlyy and Risiko like this.
  2. Zinth Augur

feels super ... soon ya will be so stuck and bored... already did 6 months of pop... more? no thanks
  3. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Then stay on the server you are on, for the rest of us that quit EQ and never played a day beyond POP I could hardly care. Because by then another TLP might start with a fun rule set and I'll switch over. These TLP are just meant to come up and die over time.

It's entertainment and cheap at that....
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  4. Fluid Augur

There are always server transfers for those who get bored at 65.

There is the slight possibility of zones and quests expanding without a level expansion.

IOW: Doesn't hurt anything to play Agnarr now with a committed<paying> and knowledgeable user base. I sometimes worry about being the weak sister in a group because everyone knows more then me, even about how my character should be run!
  5. Communist Puppy Augur

Where is this mentioned? As far as Ive heard your characters are locked on progression servers until they essentially die.
  6. MaestroM Augur

You cannot transfer onto Agnarr or any other TLPs but I'm 99.99999999% sure you can transfer off
  7. Brumans Augur

Correct!

https://www.everquest.com/news/eq-what-is-a-progression-server

8. Bandages Elder

Considering you can level from 1 to 65 on any Live Server with a little help in less than an hour, why would you transfer?
  9. Communist Puppy Augur

Yea mybad, wasnt considering a transfer to a live server a transfer, as if your not on another progression server having a character that isnt at least 100 is completely pointless.
  10. Ming Tee Augur

All tlps will become more and more of a desolate wasteland the deeper you get into the xpacs and soon you will be bored too so get it while the getting is good. Nothing last forever.

Edit...in response to the wierdos saying "but your going to be bored within like 2 years dude!"
  11. Fluid Augur

If a brief moment in time is all I get so be it. Kind of like being there for Woodstock or maybe a Presidential inauguration of choice. You have to face the music on a regular server too just a different tune. Right, 65 is almost pointless on a regular server except with mercs you can solo and add a Silver Account for $5 last time I checked<years ago> for boxing. Take some time off and you will still be a weak sister compared to people that have been playing constantly. Doesn't make much difference to me it is 65 or 105 if the live servers have a 150 cap in 5 years and I have been on a hiatus. I fully expect for DB to give free transfers off if the server dies and $30 ones for the people bored with level 65 should the server continue. It well be a bottom line decision for costs.
  12. jeskola pheerie

[IMG]
  13. Toadwater Journeyman

Why do people feel the need to $h!t on other people's happiness? I agree with the OP, Agnarr is a fantastic opportunity to relive the experience. Zinth needs therapy, or at least a new game
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  14. MaxTheLion Augur

For the same reason some people need to make a 1 paragraph post consisting of sentence fragments to say they are happy. Both are dumb but will continue to happen. Sometimes it's best to ignore it.
    Doonish likes this.
  15. Dumbledorf Lorekeeper

Having fun so far. Loving all the fresh loot (which is really what EQis about). Got a heiro cloak, traded it for 2kr+fungi. Traded the fungi for 3kr. With other drops/sales I have about another krono worth of plat. In a couple weeks, I'll use that krono to buy some nice stuff at greatly reduced prices.
  16. Skipp New Member

I prefer positive BS to negative BS.

I've been trying to recruit more people to leave their modern MMO's for one of the TLP servers. Hard to convince people who have never played this to try it out purely because of it's age.

-Kabby