12 boxer on Agnarr with 1 button keystroke

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vanishin, Aug 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vanishin Lorekeeper

There is a 12 boxer on Agnarr farming Korocust camp in chardok with 10 mages, an enchanter and a cleric. Is there anything we can do about this person? He pushes 1 button and all his mages cast "Shock of Swords" at the EXACT same time, he also presses 1 button to make ALL of his mages sit. This is clearly against the rules, should I fraps him and send in the video to a GM, or use /guidehelp or what?
  2. Vanishin Lorekeeper

Also even more amusing is he camped all of his characters shortly after I called him out. He's offline now.
  3. Reht The Dude abides...

Cries about people breaking the rules while breaking the rules himself...
  4. Deserx Journeyman

Vanishin breaking the rules? w/e

Screw these guys with 10+ boxes. There is no way they are not cheating. Crap like this ruins the integrity of the server. If Daybreak is going to directly sell people Krono then they need to properly police this kind of behavior.
  5. Reht The Dude abides...

Yes: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/forum-guidelines.211222/

6. Xanathol Augur

There's another that AEs zones (goblin isle in OoT, seb frogs & crypt). Chain AE stuns from multiple accounts and multiple AEs at the same time. If you enter what they deem 'their area' they will train you. If you mez their train, they will AE dot it with their bard. One guess which guild they are in...
  7. daffie999 Augur

8. Reht The Dude abides...

Never said it did, great logic jump; one does not preclude the other.
  9. Risiko Augur

Unfortunately, you will get a warning because their rules don't allow you to post anything about anybody in-game. Don't ask me how I know :(...

Just remember that we, the community, support your efforts, and in the future capture video of the incident, and send it in a /petition instead of posting it on the official forums.

Keep up the good fight against those that break the rules.
  10. AgentofChange Augur

This guy played on Phinigel as well, did the exact same thing. He was petitioned numerous times, GMs watched him but never punished him. So it appears to be allowed. Good luck getting them to take action against him.
  11. Vanishin Lorekeeper

Lol, I'll remove his name - however what he is doing is blatant cheating, what i'm doing is legit 6 boxing. Big difference 6 computers/mice/keyboards is a lot different than someone running 12 and auto casting at the exact same instant. I have to actually play my characters...get it?

Won't let me edit my post now, but I don't know why I waste my time posting on these forums, I'm sure he'll be farming away all night.
  12. Reht The Dude abides...

I said nothing about what he was doing being right...get it? Two wrongs don't make a right. In fact, as Risiko said above, you are more likely to get into trouble for breaking the forum rules than he will for potentially breaking rules in game.
  13. Vanishin Lorekeeper

I hear you. Just frustrated with this guy. First person I've seen who is blatantly cheating with 1 keystroke to make all his characters sit like he's using some kinda software or something, it's a lot stronger than actually having play.
  14. Ramirez26 New Member

Just so I fully understand your thought process: You are a (truebox) 6-boxer complaining about a (non-truebox) 12-boxer giving you competition at a mob that drops items for melee classes (usually not being boxed).
    Well if that is the case, I am sorry, I do not feel for you but only for the actual melee players that have to compete with him and with you.
    Why even (truebox) 6-box on this specific server if not to farm Kronos? If it would be anything else but Kronos there is other servers available you can have the same fun without competition.

Well, enjoy your EQ time.

PS: Just /petition that 12-boxer and move on, you are not limited to that 1 mob with your 6-box crew. No need for forum drama.
  15. Bailen Augur

I play one character myself. I'm wondering, if you have a hardware solution to boxing like this, is it legal? I know software to assist you boxing is not legal on the server.
  16. Reht The Dude abides...

You aren't allowed to broadcast on this server, you are allowed to box as long as you are using 1 pc per account. There are many options out there that facilitate boxing other than boxing software. You can use KVM hardware or software so you can use one mouse and keyboard for multiple PCs, etc.
  17. Risiko Augur

Any automation is not allowed on this server. That includes both software and hardware. You are supposed to have 1 computer, 1 keyboard, 1 mouse, and 1 monitor for every account you are playing at the same time. As long as you meet those requirements, then you are following the rules as set forth by DBG for both the Phinigel and Agnarr servers.
  18. Illusory Augur

That's incorrect and 'KVM software' does fall under the 3rd party software rule. This has already been discussed and answered by DBG. Additionally, there is NOT an official list of what to use and what not to use, but keep in mind that the rule is a common sense rule. If you are using relevant '3rd party software' to make your life easier at boxing, you are doing so at your own risk.

(You can search for the thread that has details on this very topic.)
  19. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

It's not the man we know as the king is it? I thought he got a nice ban around a week ago for his 12 guys or is he back already....
  20. NoWay Augur

Saw a friend 4box and bard was in the corner singing so really 3 box he used all the keyboards and mice and he was struggling. If you think a 6boxer isn't using keyboard/mouse software you are sadly mistaken.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.