Damsel of Decay bugged?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Nightops, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Nightops Augur

We tried this event on wednesday nite after patch and couldn't get the ooze / bokon part to work correctly.

I had a campfire placed on the starting floor and lower floor. Those campfires were within 0.50 for both of their /loc numbers. We did not place our campfire over the grate, but near the west wall. We have attempted this event before and the place and method worked fine last time we attempted this event about 2 months ago.

I could visually verify (looking through the grate) the bokon were on the campfire below and the ooze was on the campfire above. We had several bokon stacked up with at least 1 foot of the bokon model touching the campfire.

The off-tank pulled the ooze and placed it over the other campfire directly above the lower floor campfire. We could not get any of the bokon to die/despawn when the ooze was above. We eventually had 2 oozes being moved slightly around the campfire in order to try to get the mechanic to work.

I set up our bokon group with 2 SKs, 1 ranger, , 1 pal, and healers. I can not confirm if the bokon were just off-tanked by one of the SKs, or if they tried to root the bokon also. I do know they were the same people who worked this part last time we tried the event and things worked correctly.

Here are some questions...

Do the bokon have to be CC'd by root only in order for the mechanic to work? In other words.. if there is an SK gathering and off-tanking the bokon; will the mechanic not work while the bokon are able to hit a person.

Do the bokon start to summon the off-tank and stop the mechanic from working?

Can anyone give some additional insight to this part of the event which I am over-looking?

I know its only been one day since patch, but if someone does this event this weekend, please post and verify the campfires can still be placed outside of the grate floor area.
  2. svann Augur

That sounds like a fixed exploit, no offense intended. I dont believe they were ever supposed to kill each other unless they were on the same spot on the same floor.
  3. Tour Augur

Been a while since I did the event, and I don't have any saved logs to check that far back. But I recall there being emoted text about the ooze dripping through the grate on to the Bokon below when that interaction occurred, making it clearly intended.
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Are we talking group mission or raid-event? It was my understanding they needed to be on different floors in the raid-event?
  5. svann Augur

IDK. I havent done the raid, so if thats what he meant I didnt recognize it. My bad i guess.