Omens of War AoCs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Darchon_Xegony, Jul 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Machentoo Augur

So, are you guys planning to revisit aoc instances for Master Vule in DoDH? Or does this signal the aoc's are over?
  2. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

If so let us know because I have no interest on playing to DoDH. If that's the case.
  3. Jaera Augur

A small correction that this is not true, Theater of Blood events are required for progression into Deathknell, the events in Devastation and Sverag are required for progression into the Razorthorn raid instance, and Relic events are required for progression to fight Daosheen the Firstborn. Following PoR, all progression content is already instanced or can be completed via instances (you can quibble about SoD, but you can also just roll right into raids to do Korafax flagging).

As long as Dreadspire, Relic, Devastation, Sverag, and Theater of Blood get instances, that should be the sum list of progression AoCs expected/required to take us all the way to EoK.
  4. Prathun Developer

Depths of Darkhollow unlocks on January 31st, 2018. We will look into this next year.
    Ryak, Jaera and Machentoo like this.
  5. Machentoo Augur

Ah, you are correct. How quickly memory fades.
  6. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

As long as this is taken care of Im fine with it. If these aren't going to have AOC, it would be nice to know sooner than later before 15+ guild poopsock Vule to be instabanished.
  7. Quazilla Journeyman

Let me make sure I got this right.. he basically said
    "Grats AOS/OGC on enjoying RSS. RIP rest of server"?

Personally never have played in OOW, and it's content... and looking at the gear... it's pretty clear that it is good loot that will be pretty close to Anguish loot? Why would they not instance that?
  8. Darchon_Xegony Augur

So I sort of viewed OoW AoCs as something in the "it would be nice" column. Not having them, won't really be an enormous impact to the expansion.

I think having just an RSS AoC would be neat as the King/Queen events are ones that people didn't frequently do in era and TLPs would be a nice opportunity for people to experience them.

The rest is largely pretty irrelevant considering we have 15+ Tacvi farming guilds, but they would've been nice just because the premise of the server was instanced raiding. I imagine the AoC-style servers have proven very popular and they are likely to release a few more, so perhaps they could eventually get around to making these AoCs and releasing them after the Live expansion launch.
  9. Ginix Augur

So from Phinigel FAQ "In addition, big raid targets from each expansion will be instanced."

Why aren't all the big raid targets in Omens going to be instanced like you advertised? I feel like now that the player base is so invested in their toons this late in you're all just banking on them not caring. Thats a real crappy move Daybreak. Do the work and instance the raid targets like you said.
  10. Febb Augur

Motahead, which raids do you think they should instance?
  11. Silentchaos Augur

Please don't instance RSS because I don't want to raid King/Queen every week.
    Machentoo likes this.
  12. Ginix Augur

Well the FAQ for phinny says big raid targets, so just RSS as it has two big raid targets which drop best in slot items for that era. Everything else is already instanced.
  13. muggymonk New Member

make this happen.
  14. Ginix Augur

It blows my mind they would even consider NOT instancing raids on a server that is so popular for INSTANCED raiding. This shouldn't even have to be a post. It should just be done because that's what this servers rule-set is.
  15. Miena Elder

It's all going to be ok the keys on the ground in uqua look like keys now instead of brown bags. Way more important than silly things like additional raids in OoW.
  16. Prathun Developer

Changing the actor tags on 4 items took less than 15 minutes. Probably less than 5. Instancing the open air raids in Omens would clock in at 5 days for a designer who's experienced at doing that work. More days if they haven't. You don't get to trade one for the other.
    Silentchaos and Jaera like this.
  17. Spooky Augur

What's the es
    What is the estimate to simply do RSS? It's the only one people really care about.

Also, why not just commit to doing this for Vule? It's vital for the expansion to not suck.
  18. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Perhaps just instance RSS and appease us? The rest truly dont matter.
  19. Ginix Augur

When you advertised Phinny you said big raid targets from each expansion will be instanced. So instance the big raid targets in Riftseekers. Thank you
  20. Zenshai New Member

Pretty much my entire guild just mentioned on mumble that if you don't instance Vule, we're done with EQ. Not a threat, not a whine, just acknowledgement that the event is so at risk to griefing that it's not even worth bothering to attempt open world.

I honestly think you and Management don't realize how important instancing is to us on this server, and going back on your marketing and your FAQ's shows us you don't care what we think either...10-15 years ago there wasn't much out there to play MMO wise so we had to just deal with it, but completely different story today.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.