Epics / Agnarr

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xabre, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Kahna Augur

Good luck with that. I actually hope I am wrong, but my money is on nothing changing next week. Or at any point in Agnarr's life.
  2. MaestroM Augur

Gonna go ahead and put another tally in the "yeah this is a good idea" column.
  3. Xanathol Augur

Well another patch, more hunter achievement updates and even a spawn timer adjustment but not for these epics. Pathetic.
  4. Galleyan Augur

That seals it, bois. Pack up your bags. Another server with these epics bottlenecked and the third party programs winning. :)
  5. Asphixia New Member

forever bumping
  6. Idiin New Member

Also adding my name to the pile. A maximum of 30 enchanters getting their epic in the span of Kunark is just ridiculous. Please soften these bottlenecks.
  7. Asphixia New Member

time to gravity flux this post to the top.
  8. HoodenShuklak Augur

Daybreak Games resists your Gravity Flux.
  9. Urshulgi Augur

If they can tweak numbers to adjust xp upwards or downwards, they can tweak the spawntimers of these epic roadblock mobs.

It's a line of code that already exists, they don't have to create a new one. All they have to do is adjust the timer on respawn. Not that complicated.
  10. smash Augur

Just do like epic 1.5, where repop of epic mobs = 2 hours.

And if there loot on them, then make 2 versions.
    And make the epic mobs immune to charm, mez, mem blur.
    Maybe add so that if a group has attacked it, then it become immune to attacks from other people as well by giving it a 5 min buff.
  11. Febb Augur

It's not a question of changing the respawn timers, they can do that easily. Daybreak is intentionally keeping the bottlenecks in because it's a design decision that they don't want to change. They could have fixed this a long time ago very easily. So I think people need to be discussing why they have chosen these particular epics to have a bottle neck and see if they can figure out why they are holding their ground on changing them.
  12. MaestroM Augur

Not sure this is entirely accurate. The vast majority of epic bottlenecks were done away with as a bonus of implementing AoCs and picks. I very strongly doubt anyone said "we're keeping Verina Tomb how she is because we like it this way". It was just that Neriak doesn't spawn picks so the problem didn't get fixed automatically.

They only made a deliberate fix to one epic (bard) because there was a problem where UDB either wasn't spawning or was getting killed by trak (I wasn't there so the details are murky to me) making the hard epic actually impossible, rather than bottlenecked to .

The SK, Wiz and Enchanter epics were more likely just not a priority for devs, rather than a decision to not fix because they think the game is better this way (not sure how they could, it's objectively not so).

Enchanter, SK and Wiz epics just got left behind. The Devs are aware and have indicated that they're open to the idea of looking at fixing them. We just need to show them that (1) we care about this issue and (2) it's a good idea (3) well all buy way more DBG cash if they fix them in a timely (in era) manner.

Ps. Devs. I understand that an expat launchcan be stressful and busy, so if they're not fixed at launch I would be disappointed but I would understand. But don't think that launch is a hard deadline that once missed all is lost. We have kunark for 3 months. You could fix hen 3-4 weeks in and most people would never notice they didn't work but they simply must be fixed in Kunark.
  13. Febb Augur

Maestrom, this same topic has been discussed for all the progression servers many many times. It's not about them not having time to fix the bottlenecks. Why would they keep the bottlenecks in over the many years that this very subject has been discussed?
  14. MaestroM Augur

Prathun (I think?) posted on the DBG issue tracker back in June saying it was a time issue. So.
  15. Coach_Kegadin Augur

VoG > Shissar anyways
  16. Turinbar Augur

DBG is basically the opposite of Blizzard development. Blizz fixes bugs, has monthly "ask the players question answer sessions" In fact Ion Hazzikostanzas ( the lead dev for WoW) just had one recently. Sorry but DBG is not the gold standard for game development.
  17. MaestroM Augur

Yeah. Blizzard's Progression and classic servers are just amazing.
  18. Machentoo Augur

This is true, but at completely different times and for completely different reasons. Sleeper nosedived during velious iirc? Combine was during Gates (but then recovered like a year later and continued on successfully from there.) Vulak never had a huge pop to nosedive from in the first place. And Fippy wasn't really till PoR (but somehow limped along for three or four more years.) Four different servers, four completely different experiences, and no one factor you can point to amongst even two of them as the single reason why population failed at any given point. It is pretty safe to say that epic 1.0 bottlenecks had nothing to do with any of them, though.

I do realize there is all kinds of sarcasm in your post that I am not fully picking up on in my slightly wine induced Saturday-night state, but still...

My one biggest takeaway still is that a full year at level 70 with about one month total of new aa's is awful.
  19. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

I have the very first Soul Leech on Agnarr and yet I still expect I will not complete my Shadowknight's epic until Velious when I won't even use it. I'm sad, but DBG has said what their priorities are and they are not epic 1.0s.
  20. MaestroM Augur

His point was that thhe only reason DBG does anything is the threat of losing subscribers. I pointed out several situations where EQ lost subscribers and did nothing and where The devs did something without the threat of lost subscribers.