Help with in game macro

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by kinadafz, Aug 10, 2017.

1. kinadafz Augur

I'd like to do the following with one click on my mag:

/assist MainTank
    /pet attack
    /cast 8
    /pause 30
    /cast 9
    /pause 30
    /cast 10

There are not enough lines to do all off this, is there a way to combine steps onto one line?
  2. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Combine /pause x that is the only command that can do this.

/pause x, /cast x

The pause occurs after the 2nd command if I remember right.
  3. fransisco Augur

Both me and several friends have never gotten lines to combine
    /cast x, pause x
    or
    /pause x, /cast x
    neither seem to work correctly
  4. kinadafz Augur

That's the issue I'm having, I can't get the pause and cast to ever work right.
  5. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

I have definitely used this on macros as recently as May. The pause duration has to account for cast times, refreshes, lag, etc. If you are chaining things that are dependent on their sequence, this can screw you. The pause is tenths of a second, so 10/10 = 1 second and the pause must come first but is executed second.

Example:
    line 1 -> /pause 10, cast 1
    line 2 -> /cast 2

This will not actually /cast 2 because the pause does not account for the global cool down.
  6. Khat_Nip Meow

/assist main
    /pet attack
    /pause 30, /cast 8
    /pause 30, /cast 9
    /cast 10
    svann likes this.
  7. Brohg Augur

EQ client ain't the smoothest ever. a pause in the assist line is probably called for as well. /pause 3,/assist main
    svann likes this.
  8. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

/pause 30,/cast 3
    NO SPACE between the command and the slash
  9. Nolrog Augur

/assist MainTank
    /pause 30, /cast 8
    /pause 30, /cast 9
    /cast 10
  10. Nolrog Augur

The proper syntax is:

/pause x, /cast x

But the pause happens after the cast.

You need to account for several things in the pause time (pause of 10 = 1 second)

First, the time it takes to cast the spell. If it's a 2 second casting, you need 20 to start
    Next, the global cool down, which is something like 2.2 seconds, so you need to add another 22
    Next a fuzz factor of about 3 or 4 for server latency/lag.

So for a 2 second casting spell, your pause should be around 48 or 50. And even then, you may need to tinker.
  11. Nolrog Augur

Agree.
  12. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

/xtarget x may help with assist lag. I never played much melee or sent pet with macros but having the xtarget slot set to the MA/MT target then just targeting off of that might be less laggy.
  13. Leigo You come here often?

Generally /pause 30 or 35 is long enough for the next line to fire. Keep in mind spell haste will be a factor for these.
    When you set up the macro be sure to put the fastest casting spells at the start and the slower at the bottom. Doing this will make sure they are ready for the next press.
    Also if you're running a mage, make a hotkey for AA malo. Tie it to a number like 2 on your hotbar. Have a misc hotbar off to the side with the pet attack and swarm pet attack hotkeys from your pet window on it. Go to options, hotbar x and make those two button tied to 2. Now when you press 2 and ur keys you will malo and your pets will attack. Then press you casting macro. Two button and you have dps, debuffs and all your pets on the right target.
  14. Moege Augur

"/assist main" is a pita for me, it lags too much.

Solution that works for me:
    Set one of the extended target window slots to group/raid assist (I use the first slot)

macro (pause # should be adjusted till all spells fire reliably):
    /xtar 1
    /pet attack
    /pause 35, /cast 8
    /pause 35, /cast 9
    /cast 10

usage: when you see something appear in the slot you have main assist set to, just hit the button.

improvement: since you are a pet class you probably have swarm pets.
    keybind key "2" to "1". This means if you press "1" both will fire

macro 1:
    /xtar 1
    /pet attack
    /pet swarm
    /pause 10, /alt activate #### (aa debuff, its pretty much instacast)
    /cast 8

macro 2:
    /pause 45 (notice no cast in here.. it is to delay this group of cast to after macro 1 finishes)
    /pause 35, /cast 9
    /pause 35, /cast 10
    /pause 35, /cast 11
    /cast 12
  15. Gialana Augur

If not all of your casts are firing, I recommend increasing the pause number until they all fire. Then you can try reducing the pause number until the next spell fires shortly after the spell bar un-grays. If you find the minimum pause which allows all cast lines to fire, you may want to add 2 or 3, anyway to account for the random server lag.
    kizant likes this.
  16. kizant Augur

Just as an example, I'd think 35 is good for spear as long as you have spell haste. The 1.8 seconds + 1.5 recast and another 0.2 for a little lag comes to 3.5s or a pause of 35. However, if piety fades it could break the macro so keep that in mind.
  17. Nolrog Augur

Agree. This is not n exact science. There is a fair amount of tinkering needed.
  18. Millianna Augur

The pause occurs after the line it's placed in.

/pause 30, /cast 1

1 will cast followed by the pause.

My suggestion is to use xtarget window + bind keys.
  19. john5 Lorekeeper

Two macros can run at once? You sure about that? Is it limited to two?

Taking it to its logical conclusion, could you make 12 of them (and simply add to each macro a starting pause slightly higher than the total time consumed by all previous macros)?
  20. Moege Augur

Just tested this and no it doesnt work, mine probably only works since I press 2nd button manually , sorry about getting your hopes up. But yay me can add another spell on the first line.