Daybreak want to make more money?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ratbo Peep, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Ratbo Peep Augur

Many expansions came with mounts and houses and things that were exclusive to that expansion. Why not take the "collectors edition" perks from OLDER expansions and put them in the Marketplace at fairly high price?
    I talked to a few people with VOA "Kangon" mounts and they had no real beef with seeing them for sale here in 2017. I bet the Tree and Bixie houses would fetch a pretty penny too.
    "Exclusive" is relative - no one said it had to be "forever". All the work is done, the models are made. So SELL!
    -Rat
    Agrippa and Brohg like this.
  2. gotwar Gotcharms

Yes please. I'd like one of these:

[IMG]

no, don't argue. just

[IMG]

all of it.
    Spellfire and High Voltage like this.
  3. Evertrek Augur

Star Trek Online lets you buy a lifetime sub for $300 (goes on sale for $200 sometimes). this lifetime gets you all exclusives for all expansions just like you have been playing from the start.

my guess is they are going to try to keep EQ going until the 20th anniversary. after that no clue what will happen. it maybe a good time to start the lifetime sub for EQ.
  4. CrazyLarth Augur

life time subs sounds great money grab before they sell the game to new investors but this game will die if it gets no money coming in yearly from the peeps who play it.
  5. Poyzen Frawg Augur

OP wants to purchase collectors edition stuff. Cool.

The derail post talking about life time sub on a game that offers FTP. I don't understand.
  6. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

I never understood why they made that stuff exclusive to the collector's edition. It stands to reason they would make more money if they just let anyone buy any of those items in the marketplace but you get a nice limited time deal if you buy the collector's edition. Maybe let the collector's buyers have a very limited exclusivity period, like a month, if it is really necessary.
    Geroblue likes this.
  7. CrazyLarth Augur

I found the price to high to even get it for one char.
    But i agree if they can be easily put into the game they should be sold in the market for those who have money to spend.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I would like to see the item sets that you could collect in the LON card game. For example I have 2 of 3 items needed for a couple unique things, hermits hideaway and like that. No way to ever get it if they never put the items out to make the set.
  9. Wordsmith123 New Member

Guess what CatPaws, you can aquire the ultra cool and rare Hermit's Hideaway still. It can now be obtained randomly from a certain set of LoN card prize packs from the marketplace. I don't remember which was "active" when I obtained mine. The same thing was done for most if not all of the 3 combine items. For example I always wanted the Rallosian Orc Contract, but like you only had two of the three shards. Thank DBG for Prize:'s. Good luck getting what you're after though, easier said than done.
  10. Drogane Journeyman

Here is a another idea for a cash infusion for Daybreak. Add trade skill recipe books to the DB store, You could even have them so they don't actually add to your known recipe list so they aren't OP but make it so you can filter your unknown recipes and quickly help determine your missing mats instead of having to do it manually through a 3rd party site. I'd pay some bucks for that feature. You could also hide unknown recipes if they haven't yet been discovered, but they'd show up as the server discovers them similar to how \barter works if something has never been sold before it won't show up as a discoverable item.
  11. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Port clickies from old Collector's Edition would be fun to still be able to get. People would fork over money for those.
  12. CrazyLarth Augur

sounds like they need to make a new Prize packet of all these items to garner more sells of them for that DB coin.
  13. menown Augur

Allow advertisement on these EQ forums and Daybreak will make a buttload of money. There are tons of forum addicts here that frequent these forums dozens of times a day.
  14. smash Augur

Bad idea. There are adds that contain malware.
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes I know of this. Has it happened? Nope. Glad it did for you. I quit playing rng with my money in EQ after buying numerous packs that "might" have contained an item but never did. I have tons of items of the same type from the "adoptable" and "crate" and "armor" stuff that sells also. Its all the same, for example I have 9 snakes. All the same. 8 paintings of slugs tavern. So I quit spending unless its a guaranteed item. I have really bad luck.
    eqgamer likes this.
  16. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

If you want a for sure buy, find someone selling the item you are after and buy a krono or 2 to trade for it. Not exactly cheap since all the popular items sell for a lot, but it would be guaranteed.
  17. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Well lets hope DBG takes a look at the possibility of offering the collectors items or others as the OP suggested.
  18. matouoli Elder

they took off ( from marketplace ) spell rank 2 unlocker for FTP ( I got several toons who would buy ).
    they took off raptor mount , I would buy one or 2 .
  19. Bigstomp Augur

If that happened your sentence could be changed to "There were... " instead of "There are..."
  20. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Spell unlocker and AA enhancer have been gone since last October with no comments as to why. Just like the bag to token ladies in Bazaar and Cresent Reach were removed with no notes in patch until folks raised a ruckus then they commented they were removed because they were no longer needed in game and redundant. Makes you wonder if something might be in the works that made the Spell unlocker and AA enhancer redundant?