Wishes for next Expansion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, Aug 4, 2017.

1. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

While they are at it, make weapons and armor degrade and require repair! #TradeskillsMatter
  2. Khat_Nip Meow

One fear I've had over the years is that they'd implement progression such that when there's a level increase you still need to complete all progression but in order to progress through it you have to level.

E.g.,
    1st zone is required 105 to enter and do progression to get to next.
    2nd zone(s) you need to be 106 to enter (and request raids). Requires progression and 107 to get to next.
    3rd zone(s) you need to be 107 to enter (and request raids). Requires progression and 108 to get to next.
    4th zone(s) you need to be 108 to enter (and request raids). Requires progression and 109 to get to next.
    5th zone(s) you need to be 109 to enter (and request raids). Requires progression and 110 to get to next.
    6th zone(s) you need to be 110 to enter (and request raids).
  3. Cicelee Augur

It is not like they are stripping a dozen buffs on your character. It is maybe 2 at the most every 20-30 seconds. If an active player at the keyboard cannot click two Insta clickie every 20-30 seconds to prevent good buffs from being removed, that seems to be a player issue IMHO...
  4. asfasfasfasf Augur

I'm new (ish) to the game so don't even know what the high levels are like. I played hardcore from release in 99 to PoP and then quit because I didn't like the raid focused expansion. I have only just come back to the game a few months ago. (In my 12 ish years away, I did play the game in other... forms, but I still haven't seen beyond GoD era, so this is all new and fun for me.)

I am very happy with the game, but one thing I'd like is for more Hardcore Heritage stuff. I haven't seen one before, I only read about it. I have played Seb to death, I love it, but back when Kunark was the top expansion, I played in Seb every night for many months. I know it so well. So being able to play in that dungeon but in the 85+ levels and with new gear and mobs would be awesome. I would love to see it, but I can't because I missed HH and it doesn't come back until next year I think.

The same goes for Unrest, Crushbone, etc. I love these zones but there are only so many years you can repeat these zones with new characters. I would love to play them in a new form. So my wish would be for HH to be an all year round thing, and if the gear is too op or something, tweak that somehow. I would love to do these things with my boxes and mercs, but another wish is that I would love there to be an epic version of each HH which you can load as an instance, it has better loot and exp, and it doesn't allow mercs, and make it so it would be too hard to box more than 2 characters. So hopefully people could group a lot to do that.

Again, I'm semi noob so maybe none of this makes sense, but knowing there is a sweet end game would be a good motivator for me!
  5. Bamboompow Augur

Same wish as last year:

Beta test/test well.

If its broken, fix it. If its not, than leave it alone. If it seems too good to be true than it is. Just please, it would be nice to have no massive nerfs at the mid point of the expac's relevance when those flaws could have been caught early on.

Don't know if I should hold my breath....
  6. john5 Lorekeeper

Side note: I have never seen anyone use 'plethora' correctly, but you accidentally did here.

Everyone takes it to mean "A wide variety", but it really means "too much".

Plethora
    noun
    1. overabundance; excess
  7. Aurastrider Augur

Yes please. Either make this ability a part of current content or just remove locked doors from the game on live servers. Pampering to the TLP people by removing the illusion trick has had a negative impact on live players.
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  8. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Maybe we can simplify it more like this: how about a "fashion" tab like other MMOs have. Just have the 9 slots we have ornaments on with slots that auto socket to that tab in our UI by right clicking the item from a bag in our inventory or bank.
  9. fransisco Augur

Wow... thanks... but not really.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  10. Sissruukk Rogue One

We have keyrings for mounts, illusions, and familiars. How about one for item clickies, that way we can free up our bags.

(Already mentioned elsewhere) have a slot for an item to benefit only from its effect.
  11. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Please no. This is one of the things I hate most about WoW and love about EQ. If I want every AA the only thing limiting me is my playtime. It takes more work to balance things when a class can be wildly different between players. Doing this for one expansion won't make things wildly different, but a few expansions like that and there can be a lot of variance. Eventually WoW realized this was stupid and let people save templates and switch back and forth.
  12. fransisco Augur

What if there was more stances for more classes then? They don't need to be rediculious like tank stances, but something else to change up game play a bit?
  13. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Hell yes! I know I've had a few of those awkward moments where girl shows to the raid wearing the same armor and I was like, "Awwww hell naw!"

Seriously though, if they just enabled some data access and commands behind the scenes it would not be much work to allow custom UI's with these features. All the unique tabs and special slots would not be my thing. Just let me have X slots and a filtering system over them. Let me view by location - equipped vs. inventory vs. bank vs. property, ornaments filter, TS filter, TS items by craft filter (super bonus), quest, illusions, clickies, no drop, etc, etc. With the tags already on the items and commands that let us manipulate whats in a slot, the UI possibilities are endless.

A lot of storage issues could be solved by others interested in this sort of thing and offload some dev work. Give someone a free sub for X months if you adopt one as the EQ default.

I would pay for access to this feature.
  14. Beggly Augur

1) Use the world you already have rather than create whole new stuff. Add to the content of the old world, whether by having 2 zones like The Feerott, or having a teleportal like in West Karana. I don't like revamps that make a zone higher level than it currently is, but adding an entrance to a new zone from one of the old zones would be nice, or having the choice to go to the old zone or the new revamp.

2) Build on what has gone before. The concept for the last expansion was nice, but you can add so much more by simply extrapolating what might have happened had eighteen years really passed in the old world. Maybe the orcs, gnolls, giants, goblins, and such have finally gotten it all together and can move actively against the humans, elves, dwarves, barbarians, and such-like. Maybe the undead are on the march to gather in souls for the various gods who benefit from there depredations?

3) Revamp some of the player races. Maybe even add a playable race or allow Dwarves to be from Thurgaden (if so, I'd add a newbie zone in Thurgaden with a teleportal to North Ro newbie area) or Elves to be Sand Elves from a 'ghetto' started in Freeport. Anything to shake up the old world.

4) Don't raise the level cap.

5) Don't add any new spells.

6) Don't add any new AA.

7) Add some new types of Mercs and/or allow all those random mercs all over the place to be hireable.

8) If you add some new types of mercs, created a merc recruitment hall in one of the old world zones that would have a lot of weird types of mercs from all over the old world. I'd suggest putting it in the tunnel at Freeport or in High Pass or maybe in Lake Ratheteer near the Arena entrance.

9) Add some more mounts that can be purchased in game like the horses and drogs. I always wondered why you could not buy mounts in more places.

10) Just let your imagination run a little wild and do some more stuff for the lot of us. Fix the bank windows in Paneel. Add something to the Vet rewards. Maybe a discount while buying things from the Loyalty Vendor? That would be a nice Vet reward.
  15. smash Augur

Would people pay for this.... i doubt.

They have to make something that try to last 1 year.

Beside 90% of the coming expansion are very likely already done. I guess only the balance are still in work.

If no level increase then thinking what can be added to each class, max 5 spells, decide on 10-20k AA.

If increase then 25 spells, 15k AA. Items increase to around 6500 hps.

Thinking that we can come in last 2 months b4 release to get big things in is unthinkable. Might get tiny things in.
  16. smash Augur

Zones i think come:

(Maybe)Rest of dreadland, Karnok, Skyfire, VP, OT, Howling Stones.

This then makes 3 open zones and 3 indoors. Like EoK 1.
  17. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

My biggest wish is for an increase in the spell book pages. I am out of room.
  18. smash Augur

Eaay to solve...

Instead of making new spells when level increase just make higher rank..
    Like rank IV V VI.....
    eqgamer likes this.
  19. Wayylon Augur

No way man, constantly stacking junk buffs and rebuffing every 2 minutes is the most annoying mechanic I've ever dealt with in any game ever.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Fanra like this.
  20. Questoften32 Augur

I like that they just keeping making new stuff for higher level players, it distracts them, from messing with the older stuff.

People that just enjoy the older levels like 1 to 70 then to 85 don't have to worry there time is put in for nothing...or that there epic quests will turn into a Freddy the fish mini game.

The only changes to older stuff should be extensions like the breath quest having extra quests.

I can assure you if you pulled a cataclysm aside from not fitting the eq eq2 lore the game would die.

''officially but private servers would save it, just no long term profit potential'....'people just would not let eq go.''

It would lose its audience stop being a cult classic, lose its edge, and be unable to compete...with the fly by nigher kiddies they would blow there financial wad one time, then laugh at how old the game was and then it would just die.

Currently eq is the only one in its own category, mess with the niche and that could change.

The newagers would ping it, come to the new thing briefly, then eq would be gone for good, unable to keep up. Warcraft is a joke now. Looks like Disney.

That in my opinion is the real reason next died and eq was sold, some weirdo put a thing that suspiciously reassembled, the Cheetos man, as one of the races in a console type game with no appealing story or order.

Eq is a game for people that can actually think. Shocking I know. A thing has to be able to realistic plug in to the world to work. If you play eq you can congratulate yourself on being a cut above the rest as far as good taste.

That said I am fine with features they should be at all levels. Like the bazaar thing, and bane strike.

Need more of this, the features...but no cowbell please...even though I love Christopher Walken , like in the fist prophesy movie, great character was sad when died btw like Light yagami, nearly cried, happy at beginning of next one where gabe comes back...still no cowbell.