Epics / Agnarr

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xabre, Jul 14, 2017.

1. JustACleric New Member

He also spawns in Nagafen instances.
    MaestroM likes this.
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

reds
    One would think changing a mobs respawn timer is so simple. Even if you left him as a despawn but changed him to a fast respawn that would solve that.
  3. Baulkin Augur

Removing MOTM from Wraith and Broken Golem seems like an easy fix... That way they spawn in picks. On and don't release 50% xp potions for Kunark and make the entire expansion trivial...
  4. Febb Augur

Oh they will will be selling experience potions for Kunark for sure. $$$
  5. Xanathol Augur

It is.
  6. Deadshade Augur

As enchanter I couldn't be bothered by the epic in 2000 and, remarkably, as nothing changed on this unique piece of s... design 17 years later, I won't bother about it on Agnarr either .

Let's see . 2 days spawn delays in non instanced zones . That means that at best an enchanter will get his epic every 2 days . The 100th enchanter will get his epic in 7 months and there are more than 100 enchanters .
    Come on ! Does any mentally sane dev believe that an MMO player will be hunting some pixels every day and every hour during 7 months and more ? Is it fun ? Is it interesting ? Is it intelligent ?

There are many unique design features in EQ which made it survive during 18 years and still attract players but the epic design certainly doesn't belong to these features . So yes, I also join the unanimity considering that after 17 years it would be about time to at last update and modify this worst design feature of EQ .
    Urshulgi likes this.
  7. -wycca Augur

This actually won't do anything really. You'd have to hold the pick open for a very long time, which is highly improbable with the changes.
  8. MaestroM Augur

The best solution would be to just reduce the spawn timer to be consistent with the other epics
  9. Valra New Member

Devs, we would appreciate a response on these items. It would be a huge quality of life improvement for several classes and a much needed change for your player-base on both Agnarr and future ones.

Thanks in advance for your help
  10. Kahna Augur

The devs have made no changes to the game specifically for Agnarr. It is a waste of time to think they will. Their silence is your answer.
  11. MaestroM Augur

They have made several changes specific to or in anticipation of Agnarr. The fact that they haven't made more changes is mostly evidence that there just isn't much more to change.

They locked the server at LDoN.
    They increased experience gain relative to Phinny.
    They rebalanced /pick thresholds (the consensus is that this was in the wrong direction).
    They rereleased a new verison of the 40 slot 100% wr bag.

They have also not been silent on the issue. Prathun posted on the bug tracker in June that the issue was on their radar, just not a priority. The point of this discussion is to let the devs know that the playerbase is focused on this issue and that they should prioritize it.

Finally, no one is asking that this change be agnarr-specific I don't think. I think we've been asking for these changes to be made to all servers and to future TLP rounds.

It doesn't hurt to read things before posting.
  12. Kahna Augur

The lock isn't a change to gameplay that requires dev time. The exp wasn't a change that required dev time. The pick rebalance was done long before Agnarr opened and was done because picks were causing server issues. The new bag did t require dev time and made them money. They have done nothing on Agnarr that has required dev time. They are just letting it run like Phinny did

Seriously. It is one week to Kunark. If you think they are going to change anything about the epics now you are delusional. It is low priority because it is a temporary problem.
  13. MaestroM Augur

I'm just curious. Do you have an actual objection or did you really think that no one else had mentioned that this wasn't probable?
  14. Reiker99 Lorekeeper

Wait a second... you're putting the 40 slot bag into a category labeled "doesn't require dev time" but making these epic changes goes into the category of "requires significant dev time"?

Did you think about this issue for longer than half a second before you decided to write this drivel?

The bag requires them to actually create a new item, with unique properties (1 per account). They have to add it to the in-game store as well as create a new page on their website to sell it, process billing for it, etc. I understand it's worth it to them because it makes them money, but that's not the point, you're saying that the time to implement this is insignificant compared to the devs changing a couple numbers to reduce respawn timers.

I'm curious, how much precious dev time do you think it takes for them to change a couple numbers from 259200 seconds to 7200 seconds and delete the part of an NPC's script that despawns him after a turn-in.

I'm willing to bet this could all be done in less than a minute and probably doesn't even require a server reboot.
  15. Kahna Augur

A lot, or they would have done it already. They actually stated, when we brought this up on Phinny that they did't have the time to completely review and revamp all the epics, because to them it isn't just a five second fix. They would want to take a look at all the epics and balance them and they did t have time. That was the reason they gave when Phinny put up a much bigger fuss about epics than Agnarr is. It is not a big deal to them. It will not make them money. Not doing anything won't lose them money. This isn't the first time we have been through this. Why should they restate their position when it hasn't changed?

The actual change might be quick. The research to figure out what needs to be changed and the best way to change it would take time they do not want to dedicate to a temporary problem. And no, they aren't just going to take the communities word for what needs to be changed. If they were they would have changed it long ago. They haven't. They won't. Move on.
  16. Reiker99 Lorekeeper

Hey Kahna, you happen to be in the market for a bridge?
  17. MaestroM Augur

I suppose we should also shut up about getting a pop-locked server and instancing of classic raid content.
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  18. Kahna Augur

I guess we will just have to wait and see. One week till Kunark.
  19. Kahna Augur

We didn't get an instanced server because we asked for it on the forums. We got an instance server because Ragefire/Lockjaw populations nosedived due to squabbling over contested raid mobs. It directly impacted their bottomline. Epics do not have the same impact. Not by a longshot. By all means keep asking, just don't hold your breath.
  20. MaestroM Augur

Populations of Combine/Sleeper/Fippy/Vulak also nosedived (was there another round i'm forgetting?).

That must be why they reverted all of the classic-zone mobs to their original models (where possible). Because people were quitting in droves.

How about the mass-exodus of May 2017, where they reverted Kithikor to undead-at-night only because they were about to go bankrupt.

Don't even get me started on the July 13 mega controversial change where they unlocked the spell strength of nature in Velious instead of Luclin. I was really worried that the population would never recover but they really swooped in and saved the day here......

They make all kinds of minor tweaks to the game literally all the time without the threat of losing hundreds of players.

Phinny and Agnarr showed the devs something. If they make the reasonable changes to the game re: access, more people play the game longer.