Epics / Agnarr

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xabre, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Xabre New Member

Did spawn times for Epic 1.0 mobs / bottlenecks ever get adjusted on Phinny/Agnarr? I didn't want to resurrect one of the 5+ page Phinny complaint threads but was hopeful that at least some of the below mobs got attention for Agnarr?
    • Verina Tomb
    • Vessel Drozlin
    • Wraith of a Shissar
    • Broken Golem
    • Undead Bard
    • Marl Kastane
    I know DBG didn't have time during the Kunark launch on Phinny but have they been treated in the past year or two to make it more balanced by chance?
    Asfa likes this.
  2. Aoldar New Member

Trak will drop the guts for the bard epic the rest on your list will have to be done in open world with races and trains
    Wowjustwow likes this.
  3. Xabre New Member

[IMG]
    Yinla, Wowjustwow and Itune1 like this.
  4. malaki Augur

Marl is going to be awesome with how pickzones work now.
  5. AgentofChange Augur

I would be amazed if more than 5 sk epics are completed during Kunark on Agnarr
  6. Pikallo Augur

Copy-pasting my post from one of the earlier threads, just to re-iterate the problems and the seemingly simple suggestions for how to fix:

Verina Tomb (ENC): 2+ day respawn in a zone with no /pick or instance
    Vessel Drozlin (ENC): 2+ day repawn in a zone with no /pick or instance
    Wraith of a Shissar (ENC): 2+ day respawn and cannot spawn in the instance version due to the 6 hour limit on a raid instance and cannot spawn in /picks due to motm
    Broken Golem (WIZ): 2+ day respawn and cannot spawn in the instance version due to the 6 hour limit on a raid instance and cannot spawn in /picks due to motm
    Marl Kastane (SK): Despawns after turn-in with 36ish hour respawn and is required for TWO turn-ins. He does spawn in the /picks of Tox, but he doesn't spawn when a new pick opens, you have to keep the pick open for ~36 hours(good luck on that with the new /pick mechanics).

They fixed the Bard epic bottleneck to add the guts to Trakanon, so that one is fine now. The worst is Vessel Drozlin and Mark Kastane of all those above since the others at least are available in classic and you can get them before the epics are released with Kunark. (edit: actually broken golem I don't think appears until Kunark either)

Personally, I'd just like to see the first 4 dropped to a daily(or 12 hour) spawn and make it so Marl doesn't depsawn after turn in. Seems very simple to me without making it over-trivial.
  7. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Broken Golem I can confirm is anywhere from 24 hour to 72 hour respawn and only spawns in the base zone. I camped this for my wizard on phinny.

Prathun posted on the dgcissuetracker.com on June 5th, 2017 with "We may review and rebalance epic 1.0 quests in the future, but it is not part of our short-term plans.".
  8. Koniku Elder

They said the exact same thing to the enchanter issue, just a copy paste "nope we cant be bothered"
  9. MaestroM Augur

10. Galleyan Augur

I 100% gave up on them ever being fixed. DBG mission success, shut the player base up.
  11. MaestroM Augur

I'm not so easily dissuaded. DBG has been more responsive to player concerns than any other MMO i've played (we got progression servers, we got instancing of classic content, and we got a pop-locked server).

This isn't a new ask, and its not a heavy lift from a coding standpoint. They've already said that they're willing to look into it. What we need to do is let them know that this is important to us and that they should prioritize this.
  12. Galleyan Augur

At least the enchanter epic bottlenecks have been requested since Fippy. Lol. 2011. The bottleneck tickets on the tracker are the highest voted feature requests on the entire tracker, and have been since before Agnarr's launch. There are literally DOZENS of posts on these forums before EVERY TLP launch and EVERY Kunark launch about this very topic...

How many times you gotta get slapped in the face to realize? :D
  13. MaestroM Augur

The list of changes we (as a community) have asked for and not gotten is actually pretty small.

They've said that they do have plans to address issues with epics in the future, but were unclear about the timeline. I mention in my comment on the issue tracker that Prathun rewrote the rathe council script in what appears to be a pretty sure period of time. Certainly there is time to make these changes such that some mobs are always up (in the case of Marl) or with reduced spawn timers (Verina tomb....).

As i've said with every one of my posts asking for changes, if the time commitment for the change is too great and there are other issues that are much more important, thats fine.

But the most popular server in the game is about to hit Kunark. There is a remarkable lack of controversy about whether changes to these epic mobs SHOULD be made. There is near universal agreement that these mobs should be pretty close to on-demand (no one really thinks that when these quests were written over 17 years ago that the designer really thought that quests that involve killing gods should have a choke point on a minor mob that you just need to hand something to).

Devs. We know you're busy. We love you. The #1 most personal achievement in everquest and one of the best parts of everquest is flat out unavailable to nearly 1/4 of the players on the server. We'll stay and play and pay regardless of course. But man, you wanna put some smiles on a ton of faces and have parades thrown in your names? This is an easy way to do it and the timing will never be better.

What I'm saying is. This change is a HUGE awesome for the server, but it's kinda time sensitive. Everyone on the server will be talking about how awesome you are if you do it now. If you wait till Velious or (god forbid) Luclin, the reaction will be "oh. okay."
  14. Espiritun Augur

15. Brumans Augur

Staring at the floor waiting for a turn-in mob is engaging gameplay!

But seriously, good luck enchies/wizards/sks. I've never understood some of the playerbase's resistance, and also the devs, on really archaic and terrible design decisions like this. Even doubly so for content that was designed like 17 years ago. This isn't new stuff that the world is watching. Noone watches EQ anymore period, heh.
    Urshulgi likes this.
  16. SKSKSK New Member

+1 for stopping Marl Kastane from despawning on turn ins.
  17. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Get ready for the horrors of people camping Cleric and monk epics to them as well.
  18. MaestroM Augur

I didn't play on Phinny, but my understanding is that Cleric and Monk epics have had bottlenecks removed.

For example, ragefire now spawns in picks.
  19. Balorf Journeyman

20. Valra New Member

Devs, please address Marl Kastane and prevent him from despawning on turn in. With the way that picks current work, it is not reasonable for him to despawn.