Heroic Toons

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Millianna, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Millianna Augur

In the past, I was 100% against any HC level upgrades. I'm going to admit that I was wrong. The majority of content from 85 to 100 sucks without a small group of real players. Thanks to CoTF HAs, the exp from 90 to 100 is slow and pitiful for returning players. Some of the HZ quest at 85 and 90 suck at 105 (hard to travel to and some mobs are undercons) - never mind doing them at 85. Since the content isn't going to receive updates, DB might as well upgrade HCs to at least 95 if not 100.
  2. eqzekisdead Augur

The last time they gave out free heroic 85 toons I gave live servers a try. I made it to about 90 on a few alts before it was just way too boring. It felt like I was playing a solo game the whole time. If they ever gave out lvl100s or 105s I would give it another chance.
  3. Millianna Augur

My guess is no one cares. This game is on life support- hopefully Pantheon launches so I can move on from this game.
  4. Reynen Journeyman

It's on life support since 2006 or so, at least that's what everybody told me! See you in 2027
    Rorce, Cicelee, Sagarmatha and 2 others like this.
  5. fransisco Augur

took the words right out of my mouth
  6. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Everquest has been dying since before Kunark is what I heard.
  7. Sagarmatha Augur

Everquest is fine. They've certainly changed their business model (very little player support), but the foundation of the house holds strong. EVERY Everquest player wonders, "when will it end?," and the fact is- not soon. If I had a nickel for every player that exclaimed, "I came from this MMO...," I would be rich. Everquest is not going away. As others have said, it's been "dying" for a long a$s time.
  8. baider Elder

I think it is crashing and burning rapidly. Guilds are losing people right and left due to content being so spaced out. Content is being made more and more difficult so that only a couple guilds on each server even raid all the raids weekly, leaving lesser guilds achieving little every week and making more players quit. Grouping is almost non existent with boxing, and non raiding content is completed in the first two weeks of an expansion. Just two years ago it was rare for the top 5-10 guilds in the game to recruit players and now you see all of them with multiple classes open and open to all "exceptional" players classes on the guild recruitment forum.

TLP spiced things up but when its allure goes away, a lot of the income will also leave and EQ will decline even more rapidly. It may not die but its accelerated its course for a meaningless existence recently.
  9. Cicelee Augur

Who is forcing you to play this game? If you don't like it then quit.

The thing is, YOU are choosing to not move on from this game. Don't blame the game, hold some personal accountability and blame YOU...
  10. Questoften32 Augur

It would be a sin, no a blasphemy, if anything happened to eq. Its irreplaceable. A global treasure.

Its not like it once was with groups, easy to get and things...but its so intricate, and involved, with so much to see and do, such a fantasy adventure feel, real racial cities, completed diverse interactions.

Most devs as it is, would be unable to make such a game in current society or even relate or understand it. Eq defines cult classic mmorpg.

It could not be done again anymore than great 80's music or good films could be done again...for now anyway, at least...not by the main stream.

Good natured npc text that takes the world seriously, fun tasks masters, if you so choose, epic quests...not slick and compact, streamlined, sardonic drivel, but fantasy adventure art.

Sword and sorcery.

People that are so stuck on graphics are. I suppose. are the type that would find it almost impossible to enjoy a play because there eyes would be constantly drawn to the props.

Any game, like magic, requires suspension of disbelief to work. In this case for the sake of enjoyment...yet its graphically functionally better, than say minecraft, facebook flash games or any such things by most standards.

I actually like it. Would if it were current and a new thing. Besides it can remain unchanged and yet at the same time be expanded upon almost endless while keeping its style, as it has been, being....and easy on most systems, so it works for it.

There are usually plenty of new things in eq, more than most could keep up with.

Its possible, I assure you, to make 50, characters never go above 90 and have a different game each time. Its a personal choice to always do things the same way.

Its Altaholic friendly with good reply value, most anyone could defiantly do worse than investing in eq.

Its even a great challenge to involve strategy to pull off doing things yourself if need be. Having a ocd perfect skill level, or perhaps, getting a say 1.0 when still low level enough to enjoy.

Eq also builds will power to change your life, try doing some of the newbie armor quests without cheating, instead of kobald keep and see if I am not right.

It develops imagination and if approached properly strategic thinking, to beat limitations within the rules and bounds of the game.

I would say eq is a valid metaphor for a proper life as a valid individualist.
    Leigo likes this.