Scimitar of the Mistwalker bug

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Samueru, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Samueru Journeyman

I've found posts about Lady Vox's pet hitting for 20000 dmg as far back as May, yet 2 patches later and this bug has yet to be fixed. Is there a special bug forum where we can address this issue?
    Reiker99 and Frottage like this.
  2. RandomStrategy Augur

Well, considering I posted a bug report about the modified spawning of Lord Elgnub (it used to be tied to either snakes in the pit, or what I found reliably spawned him was the gnoll that paths through the pit), now, random gnolls spawn in his location (never did before a patch a while ago). They claim he is spawning as intended, so.......Good luck?

If you want a good show on the performance of their bug testers and how well their code works, go look at the rapidly spawning and despawning until he pops, but be quick, cause Elgnub will despawn within a minute.

Honestly, it reminds me of a slot machine.
  3. Reiker99 Lorekeeper

This Vox thing is ridiculous. It's been a major bug on Agnarr since launch, and if your guild is a) Not a zerg and B) Unlucky enough to have Vox spawn with a Mistwalker in your instance, you're essentially locked out of killing her for that week. Add to it the hundreds of man-hours wasted on attempts vs. a bugged encounter...

The fact that this has been ignored really shows the state that DBG/EQ is in right now.
    Frottage likes this.
  4. Protocol Dragon Defender

How to beat Mistwalker Vox:
    • Create an audio trigger for Vox procing the Mistwalker.
    • Make a hotkey for pet casters to /pet attack Lady_Vox_Pet
    • Ensure Wizards are using rains
    • Ensure everyone has a damage shield, and keep DS on tanks even after rez.
    • Designate a Rogue or Paladin to focus entirely on killing it the moment it spawns.
  5. Reiker99 Lorekeeper

We were doing all of this, and probably killing most of the pets, but still lost people to them including our initial tank (unlucky proc on first swing and we didn't have people set up on pet control yet).

Yes, they're manageable. But the point is that if you're raiding with 30-40 people and Vox is still a challenge, adding in random adds that hit for 20k can easily tip the scales into an undefeatable encounter.

Which is fine, if this is how the encounter was designed. But it's not. We're being locked out due to a bug that DBG won't acknowledge or fix that affects one of the primary raid mobs in our current era.

It sucks and it's a major moral killer. I feel especially bad for our Rangers who want to use this item but can't.

DBG needs to fix this and then reimburse guilds that have had their weekly lockout ruined by it.
  6. Chimney New Member

If your guild is a) bad or b) bad then it's a problem.

Vox is being killed with it regularly even in split raids and in your second post you point out you didn't have people on pet control.

Content is trivial even with bug except you actually have to pay attention for one of the few times in this game.
  7. Protocol Dragon Defender

Small consolation but it will probably be "fixed" in a week or two as it stops dropping.
  8. Reiker99 Lorekeeper

Go troll somewhere else, adults are speaking.
    Malokhan and Audio like this.
  9. Kayen44 New Member

Queen bee in Sky also randomly hits for 110k. Thats another fun one to encounter.
  10. MabbuAgnarr#1 New Member

The dance can "dance" while tanking Lady Vox to force the pet proc spawn to run around in circles trying to get to the tank. This buys everyone else a few more seconds to kill the pet.
  11. Galleyan Augur

I mean... look on the bright side... if you do kill her -- the weapon is actually broken for players too... the Mistwalker spawns and immediately dies without attacking (not even alive for 1 tick to /pet attack, like in the really old days).

So you get a broken weapon in two ways!
  12. Zanarnar Augur

That however, is part of the encounter. The 100K hit is a death touch. Here is the effect:
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=982

Mistwalker.. that is just strait-up broken. DBG just doesn't have the resources/will to fix it.
  13. JustNeckbeardThings New Member

14. Sushi-BB New Member

Has anyone managed to successfully disarm her? Someone mentioned it didn't work but just curious if anyone had luck with it
  15. Machentoo Augur

Disarm won't work, you cannot disarm magic weapons.
  16. Kayen44 New Member

Correct.

The Queen Bee's DT is no different than any other boss mob's DT and is easy to account for. She, however, has a seemingly random melee strike that will also hit for 110k.

We've done the encounter multiple times now. Sometimes she will only kill 1 tank with it over the course of the entire fight. Other times we've had her wipe the entire tank rotation with 110k hits in under 30 seconds. It seems to be completely random.
  17. Zanarnar Augur

Ahh ok that must be a new bug or I just don't remember it hitting us in classic (maybe we got lucky?) My bad!
  18. Shihan New Member

Vox with Mistwalker is way more exciting than generic Vox. We had her spawn w/ it last night. I enjoy that fight way more than the standard yawn-fest. :)