Test Update 07/11/17 - Patch Notes and Discussion

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jul 11, 2017.

1. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

DBG intends and stands to take more money from its players by making this change. Buy them or don't, just don't forget that DBG only exists for one reason: to separate you from your cash for as long as possible. The more often you roll over and accept their tactics, the faster they will come and the more items they will charge you for.

No one is forcing you to post. No need to come in here and say, "you guys don't need to be talking, because I think the game is fine." #ciceleehasalltheanswers (friendly poke). Obviously the game is about maxing your gear, and DBG just started charging you MORE PER VISIBLE ITEM, to do that.
  2. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

My investment in purity augs has already more than doubled! Only 5.5 hours since the patch, and the actual demand hasn't even kicked in yet! Thanks for the hot tip, DBG!
  3. Agrippa Augur

As much as I see some people complaining about the purity augmentation fix, I stand behind it, too. When have purity augmentations ever been removable? It's the clear fixing of an obvious oversight. I really don't think that the decision for the fix was just about the almighty dollar.

Also, this is the first patch that I can remember that DBG stands to *lose* money from doing something that most of us have asked for. Increasing the stack size of trade skill mats is a *huge* boon for any of us, but look at how many slots this will free up for Bazaar traders, too. It might not be a lot, but they're sure to lose some accounts just from people that maintained multiple Bazaar traders with the lower stack thresholds. I know quite a few people on Firiona Vie server have multiple Bazaar traders that were just loaded up with trade skill mats. This patch will free up some serious inventory space for all of us, but for the traders with multiple accounts they aren't going to need nearly as many accounts to trade the same amount of items now.
  4. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I just came back here after playing to post the same thing. In addition to bazaar mules, this could also negatively affect "big bag" sales. This is definitely a sweet move for the players and should negate any negative feelings about the purity augs. It's too bad they can't help put a better spin on these things! :)
  5. GoldenFrog Augur

When viewing someone else's Achievement and clicking [View Mine] - behaviour is errattic.

It no longer changes the Category to match (on the left), but still shows the proper details in the right pane.

If "Completed" is unchecked, but yours is completed, the resulting display appears garbage about 50% of the time.
  6. Lerilon Lorekeeper

My point is that 75% of that 5K is already on the gear, then difference between a 25 point purity aug that drops like water and are as cheap as 600 plat in the bazaar, and a 35 point aug is minor. Obviously 5K mana is big, but you get 3750 of that from the piece of gear itself, 1250 from a 25 point purity and 1375 from a 35 point aug, so only 125 point difference, less than the gain from one piece of gear to next.
  7. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Uhhh...use loyalty, it's "free"? Perfected distillers are still available there, no?

I agree with you that purity is a dumb thing in general, but really can't fathom this much angst over the change.

The prior purity "chase" augs in CH and BI augs were rarer than EoK, only dropped in 1 out of the way ish zone, and required a perfected distiller. Making EoK ones the same seems consistent, and given that we're only upgrading 8 slots a year, that doesn't seem illogical or overly onerous.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  8. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I am fairly sure that something more recently has included MTPs, but I do not remember it off the top of my head. That said, I am leaning towards it being unintentional that MTPs are stacking to 1000.