why isnt this allowed?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dabrixmgp, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Dabrixmgp Augur

So I been playing on Phinny but I also want to keep my bazaar mule on FV logged in so I can make some plat. Its treating me as though both accounts are logged into Phinny so I keep crashing. How do I fix this problem? Im only playing ONE account so it should treat it as such.
  2. Machentoo Augur

You are trying to play one account on two different servers at the same time? Can't do it. Need a second account and it will work (unless they changed it in the patch.)
  3. C3lowz Augur

Even though you're in Offline Mode you still have a character in a world. The purpose was meant to not have a trader up 24/7, it was so you don't need to have EQ running 24/7 just to have a trader up. Works great as a second account, but other than that it is only good when you're not playing EQ.
  4. BearmanSW Elder

Agreed, I was under the impression you cannot have 2 characters on the same account playing at the same time...on ANY servers. Phinny (and Ag'narr) just say that you can't have multiple accounts playing on the same computer.
  5. Machentoo Augur

You can have the same account logged into one live server and the test server at the same time, iirc. Other than that, this is right.
  6. Karanthal Augur

Can't have 2 versions of eq (on different accounts) running on the same pc if either are logged on to a true box server too.
  7. Machentoo Augur

You can, actually. You can have one toon logged in to live, one toon logged into agnarr, one toon logged in to phinny all that the same time on the same computer.
  8. Dabrixmgp Augur

im using 2 different accounts. ONE is trying to play Phinny and and totally different SECOND account and trying to play bazaar mule. It still thinks both are on Phinny for some reason because I go LD like every 30 seconds. I dont see how this could possibly hurt anything.
  9. Accipiter Old Timer

Yet another victim of the hacky true box code. My guess is that they simply chose not to allow this, even though it makes perfect sense to do so.
  10. Machentoo Augur

I've done this before and not had issues. Not going to test it now with Gates launching in 15 minutes. Maybe they changed something.