Patching on Gates launch day?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gencat, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Gencat New Member

Woah DBG you guys sure you want to patch on the same day an expansion is scheduled to launch? I can see huge server stability issues inc, please reconsider and do the patch on the 18th
  2. Machentoo Augur

Phinigel is one of 22 EQ servers. Doubt it was even a consideration other than maybe wanting to get Zun fixed in time for us. What they should have done is pick a different day than Wednesday for server unlocks, since patches are always on Wednesday. But I don't think they would consider delaying the patch schedule for the entire game just because of how it MIGHT impact one server's release.

(I will call it now, though. Emergency patch when OGC is two minutes from finishing Uqua, six more months of everyone arguing about what might have happened otherwise.)
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Considering servers have a decent chance of going down for emergency fixes you would be pretty nuts to request any agent of change instances on Wednesday.

Cya boys in open world.
    Superdeath likes this.
  4. Machentoo Augur

You guys are gonna hold off on the instances, really? I bet someone else will take the gamble if you don't. Should be interesting times.