Any Idea(s) why I can't see spell effects

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Bobbybick, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Basically thread title. For the better part of a year now I just haven't been able to see ANY spell graphics ingame on my primary PC and figured I should probably go ahead and fix it already. I'm pretty familiar with the game settings but currently at a loss as to what still might be preventing them from showing up so figured I would try to get a fresh set of eyes on it to maybe help.

Short of a full client reinstall which to me isn't worth it I'm out of ideas. Note: these exact settings work fine for displaying spell effects on my laptop. I've also ran the patcher verify game cache thing and that didn't turn up any missing files.

[IMG]
  2. smash Augur

How about spell setting.
    You marked env, player, but cannot see setting for spell.
  3. Markkuss New Member

Have you tried /spellparticles on? I think that's the command. None of those settings will change anything if they have been turned off using the command.
  4. Markkuss New Member

I had to go look this up, it is /showspelleffects on.
    Bobbybick likes this.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Opacity: Determines the transparency of the particles. 100% means totally solid. - Looks like you are at 0%? Opacity being the opposite of transparency. 0% opacity is 100% transparency, therefore you cannot see the spell effects at all. 100% opacity is 0% transparency, therefore you cannot see the character or creature models any more when a spell goes off and they are buried under particle effects.

double check settings here but if you want spell effects then do the opposite of some of what is said since they talk mostly about setting stuff off or low for better computer performance
    http://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Graphics_and_performance_settings_guide

Don't forget to zone after each change since some of them depend on that
  6. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

This was it, thanks!

I have no memory of typing /showspelleffects off but I must have at some point.

Thanks to the other posters for suggestions as well, someone with a slightly different issue may end up finding their answer there.