for zones like befallen/permafrost that have ZERO instances.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Canofpepsi, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Canofpepsi Lorekeeper

could you please permanently open 3-4 instances. so players will stop cutting each other's throats over loot.

these zones NEVER have more then 1 instance.
    and i think its necessary for these zones
  2. Emphant Lorekeeper

What even drops in befallen that people are cutting throats over it?
    Semah likes this.
  3. Catashe Augur

Not much other than the necro range dagger and the dude that drops the rings for the Paw of Opolla quest
  4. Canofpepsi Lorekeeper

Aye the paw of opolla quest.
    there needs to be 3-4 permanent zones open, its got to happen.
  5. welly321 Elder

I was in befallen the other day and there was the main pick and two others...
  6. Amoeba Augur

These stones have instancing. The main issue is having enough players in the zone to spawn a new pick.

You are suggesting that every zone spawn a pick for each individual. As time saving as it would be to be able to always have whatever camp you want at any time, it defeats a large purpose of the game.

The current set up is more than adequate.
  7. AgentofChange Augur

Permafrost does have an instance tho
  8. Locky New Member

HHK comes to mind. usually only one group can kill goblins so there really isn't enough to support enough people to spawn another zone
  9. Rhodz Augur

That is actually a good example. Always was a weird zone but deserves more options.
  10. Thorondor Augur

Highpass has a similar issue. 2 exp camps: gnolls and orcs , 19 player threshold for additional picks. (Gnolls and orcs need to be changed to not agro players they are grey to btw....the two camps it does have are permacamped by afkers for the plat because their pets can solo the camps at 35or so and the camp agroes afk pet classes, triggering the pet even when you're lvl 60
  11. Rhodz Augur

Ah forgot about that, used to really tick us off playing in the pass.
    12 a much better trigger for both zones.
  12. Thorondor Augur

Little do we know, the rising price of krono is directly proportional to combined value of platinum generated from afking in highpass with a high level pet, with the timer starting as soon as the first necro/mage hit level 40
  13. Finley Augur

The threshold to spawn new picks should be different based on the zone and how many people the zone can support based on the content it provides.
    Senadin likes this.
  14. Ultrazen Augur

Every zone in the game at this point can be monopolized by fewer people than it takes to spawn a pick, and it's the main problem with the /pick system. It just doesn't take into account higher level people farming zones.
    Rhodz likes this.
  15. Rhodz Augur

I somehow doubt farming the pass can be compared to farming that Pally in Felwith or HG in Rath.
  16. Rhodz Augur

And it would seem the more instances spawned the more unstable the servers become.
    Thus why they should likely concentrate on respawn rates to accommodate the crowds. This is not exactly cut and dry as increased zone respawn does make some places very difficult to break but that is just something that could be lived with while crashes cannot.
  17. Boosi Lorekeeper

Last time I was in befallen there was picks *ducks*
  18. Green_Mage Augur

There are plenty of goblins to farm for exp in Permafrost In my experience. It's not that popular of a zone. The only camps that are hard to get are the alchemist and king, but I've seen the king open before a few times. Alchemist pretty much 24/7 has a list.

I would say permafrost is not a problem atm. Some camps are going to be hard to get. But you can still get them with persistence.

That being said, if there are 30 people in the zone, 1 instance sucks. I would support a move for a lower instance threshold. Unless your a Krono farmer -- it doesn't add a ton to the game to make camps extremely hard to get.

But I've never seen that many people in Permafrost to date.
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

The problem with permafrost is you have one level 50 on alchemist, one on preacher/archaeologist, one on scryer, one on king, and so on for a total of 5 people (or less) camping all the good named.

I did levels 16-25 or something like that in permafrost. It was unusual to see more than one pick. The only time you did was when an open world raid showed up for Vox.
  20. Pikallo Augur

It is actually pretty close to this already. It was posted that the threshold for a new pick is based off the # of combatable NPCs in the zone. Granted, it doesn't always work out that way depending on the zone and it would be nice to twist the knob for a few zones - but the design is already inherently in place.