Almar's Guides - Updates & A heads up!!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by AlmarsGuides, Jul 1, 2017.

1. AlmarsGuides Augur

Happy Independance Day weekend everyone!

For those of you who don't use my website regularly you may not have noticed I have completely revamped the layout the past few days. I got nothing but complaints about my older layout so I figured it was time for something new!

With the new revamp I have had to change many of the old guides URLs which means many.... many bookmarks are going to be broken. All the leveling guides, tradeskill guides and farming guides now have different URLs and the old ones will not be updated in the future.

All of the newer guides can be found relatively easy through the new navigation menu I have on my website. It's sorted by each major expansion or 'era' for ease of access to TLP players.

Here's a look at the recent update I have pushed to my Classic Leveling Guide

http://www.almarsguides.com/eq/leveling/progression/expansions/classic.cfm (old)

http://www.almarsguides.com/eq/leveling/classic/ (new)

If anyone finds an issue with the new website layout please let me know! Also stay tuned for more updates throughout the year, check the "Recent Updates" tab on my website to see what I am working on!! This year you should expect an entire Everquest revamp!!
  2. Adonhiram Augur

Good job, Almar, I like the gradient ;)
  3. Montag Augur

Looks awesome as always. Your site is a treasure.
  4. Aurastrider Augur

I will say your guides are awesome and anyone who has not taken a look at them is missing out. Almar's guide's helped to give me direction when I came back to the game several years ago after college and felt extremely lost. They were just as helpful if not more so than any player I had met in game and one of the reasons I am still playing today. Keep up the great work and thank you for your contributions to the community.
  5. Rauven Augur

Loads quickly, and without redirects. You've got my approval.
  6. Rhodz Augur

Always the first place I send people.
    May not be the last but always the first.
  7. AlmarsGuides Augur

Delayed thanks for all the kind words but thanks none the less!

I have pushed out another extremely major update, all - ALL of my leveling guides got a total revamp.

Ironically Planes of Power is still unfinished (the one X-pac we're mostly all on, I know, I know)... But Classic, Kunark and Velious are finished. Each location in my guide is linked too with a map now that has additional details. I plan to repeat this same process for the Farming Guides too.

Tradeskill guides are going to get streamlined so there aren't so many combines 1 - 300. I also added in Tradeskill guides for HoT/SoD/RoF cause I know those expansions. Nothing added for GoD/Omens of War yet though as I am still fairly ignorant to both of those eras.

On that note, if anyone out there can educate me on Omens of War/GoD and what new tradeskill materials they add (just giving me the name of a few will allow me to trace the name of others through subcombines and figure out an optimal route usually) I would be greatly appreciative!

I'm on an EQ update binge recently so if you'd like to pay attention to what I am doing keep your eyes on the front page of my website or the new Recent Updates box on the right of my site.
  8. CaptainSkeet Augur

For GoD, there's a nice path involving fishing and foraging for baking. Fishing in Natimbi will get you saltwater tuna and saltwater crab. Many recipes for these, look up "beer-" recipes to find combines that will get you up to 252. Just need eggs, any kind, to make dough and egg batter. Rest is PoK purchased. Foraging get you cragbeast and hynid meat, can do foraging while fishing. All four items (hynid, cragbeast, tuna, crab) all share the same recipe, just alternate which you use. The beer battered soufflés go to 252. Also recipes for 202 along the same lines that won't require eggs, just meat and PoK vendor stuff.
  9. Brumans Augur

Just adding to the "thank you for all the work you've done over the years!" praise :). Gotten lots of great tradeskill advice from you.