Please de-couple buff blocking from Prophesy of Ro on Progression

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ryak, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Ryak Augur

Good Afternoon,

Buff blocking is a very nice convenience feature which has zero gameplay effect (since people can always manually click off any buffs they don't want. Similarly to /barter and offline trader mode, could this be made available on all progression servers regardless of which era they are currently in?

hopefully, this change is as easy as the other mentioned changes are and it would really provide a good benefit to the Progression server community to have this quality of life feature from the beginning.

It would really make me very happy as a necromancer to be able to block those dang enchanters and their ninja hastes and VoQs.

Thanks!
    Krrill, Machentoo, Xanadas and 2 others like this.
  2. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

I support this message
  3. Seiffil Lorekeeper

I certainly agree with allowing access to the buff blocking feature at all points in the game. However, since you mentioned it, I don't see barter and offline trader working out of era since that is tied to a specific zone. Even though you can buy stuff from outside bazaar on the regular servers, it still requires the traders and buyers to setup inside bazaar.
  4. taliefer Augur

yes, but you can now log off the trader you set up in bazaar for offline mode. that was previously tied to some expansion way down the road
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Both Barter and Offline trader are available now as soon as Luclin is unlocked, compared to previously where Offline Trading was unlocked in Rain of Fear (I don't recall what expansion barter came out).
  6. Ryak Augur

Both barter and offline trader were examples I gave of changes which were already made. Obviously, the bazaar does need to exist before those are relevant, though.

Barter was originally Dragons of Norrath, so for example, none of the current crop of progression servers would have it if they hadn't made that nice change.

In my personal opinion, this falls under the list of changes which are simultaneously easy to implement and provide a great value for their progression players, so it's a win-win of a sort.
  7. Moardots Lorekeeper

+1 for buff blocking starting in classic
    Krrill likes this.
  8. sifonin Augur

9. Spinetwist New Member

Not classic according to progression timeline, we are on a progression server, Not a custom how you fit server. Move along now
  10. Seiffil Lorekeeper

I guess I misunderstood what you were saying when you referenced barter and offline traders.
  11. Moardots Lorekeeper

Do you have any idea how many things on this server aren't correct according to progression timeline?
  12. Aziuno Augur

Target of Target was OOW Leadership AA's and its included in classic now.

Buff Blocking is another Quality of life improvement that has VERY little if any game impact.

Only way I could see buff blocking impacting game play is with missing a buff due to being over buffed and making someone recast it, most likely while not in combat.

I support buff blocking unlocking at classic!
    Krrill and Kiani like this.
  13. JustACleric New Member

And ability to edit maps from in game before LoY expansion. I don't understand why this is restricted.
    PathToEternity and Xanadas like this.
  14. Xanadas Augur

On today's episode of "Common Sense Things DBG Will Probably Never Do".....
    Phinny4Life and PathToEternity like this.
  15. Trevalon Augur

I have to agree, with all the QoL stuff they have let in on the TLP servers why this is not one of them is beyond me.

I can understand clicking from bags, though I dont agree, but I understand that it fundamentally changes how you do things in EQ, especially for inventory management, but buff blocking is no different than leadership AAs, Adv Loot, and all the other QoL things that should be allowed.
    Xanadas likes this.
  16. Ryak Augur

It would be nice, yes. Although I tend to think asking for one thing at a time is best.
  17. Ryak Augur

I think that there is a lot of support for this, but people probably don't feel the need to simply post, yeah that makes a lot of sense. So sadly this post is tending to fall off the front page.
  18. Pikallo Augur

I tend to be somewhat of an EQ purist when it comes to changes that deviate from classic, but really see no reason to NOT add buff blocking. The game impact is so minimal.

When these topics come up, people usually start to bring out their QoL laundry list
    1) Click from bags
    2) Buff Blocking
    3) Bandolier
    4) Potion belt
    5) Agro Meter
    6) Extended target window

Probably some others I'm forgetting, but Buff Blocking is the one of these above that has the LEAST impact on player power. You can make an argument for all the others that they are a bit more than just a convenience but the lack of buff blocking is really nothing more than an annoyance.
  19. Toutatis New Member

I support this request too (my ninja buff is the damned ranger's predator eating a buff slot !) and I 'd like to add another one : clicking from bags. I know it comes only with RoF, but the UI already allows to just grab the clicky out of your bag without manually swapping anymore.
  20. C3lowz Augur

Neither is Target of Target, seeing how much Mana/End group members have, seeing what buffs / de-buffs players / NPCs have, offline mode in Bazaar .... I can go on.

These (and this) are purely Quality of Life features. They do not impact the game in any major way other than saving the player a wee bit of time from having to manually remove the buffs.

I too sign this in hopes of seeing this feature added into the TLPs.