Multiboxing affects single account owners.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Strawberry, Jun 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Strawberry Augur

Hey,

I see this argument all the time:

"Why do you care if anyone boxes, it doesn't affect you".

This argument doesn't take into account that servers in EQ have a player cap. /pick didn't change this. Boxing affects single account owners due to this cap. It affects their ability to find player matches to make a group with.

The chance a single account owner finds a player match to make a group with is far smaller if the player pool is partially filled in by boxers. The more boxers in the player pool, the less potential matches for single account owners. (the pool is capped due to the server cap)

The argument that boxers don't affect single account owners, is a really bad argument, since it's not true.

[IMG]
    liveitup1216 likes this.
  2. Tinytinker Augur

Oh god! How many threads about boxing are there going to be!!
  3. Strawberry Augur

There are only 2 threads on the TLP page about boxing. Why are you reading them if they don't interest you.

Boxing affects the whole fabric of the game and the server, that's why there are discussions about boxing. Welcome to EQ.
  4. Aurastrider Augur

Your argument is also a bit flawed considering a lot of people that box would not even be there as a potential match if boxing was not allowed. Either they are there not grouping with anyone or they are some place else not grouping either way they are not available for your group. The whole server cap thing will be a non issue also. How many people are still not able to log into the server? I would imagine if this was an actual issue there would be 100 new threads created every day about it.
    Prepared and zethcarn like this.
  5. Hateseeker Augur

You should probably be worried more about boxers that are software-assisted, not simply "boxers". Even boxing from the same computer is not the issue; there is a difference in terms of the effect one kind (non-software assisted, regardless whether one account per pc or multiple per PC) has on the game vs the other (software-assist).

Yes, it is true that a boxer is a player that's not likely in the group availability pool, but the effect of that pales in comparison to software-assist boxers. Only in a new release game will a large percentage of players be able to endure the wait for groups.
  6. Zubek New Member

All of you P99 "exemption" "single boxer" people can go back to P99....... This isn't P99....It's not going to be P99.....
    I 2 boxed in Classic, you know why? Because boxing is..... wait for it..... CLASSIC!
    Don't be jelly because I can play 2 boxes as good or better than you can 1....... servers are that way ------>
    Prepared and zethcarn like this.
  7. Karanthal Augur

there are too many

[IMG]
  8. Vandross Lorekeeper

Why do you always post on the forums about boxing...lol, you don't even play the game.
    Gencat likes this.
  9. Phantom Ghost Augur

Non boxers effect boxers who do not box healers... because nobody in their right mind plays just a healer.

Didn't know boxers don't join other groups. I have joined groups on one character, multiple characters, sat a box outside group... really the only issue are people like you who are so anti-boxing that you refuse to group with someone who boxes.
  10. Smokezz The Bane Crew

11. yerm Augur

12. Finley Augur

Your argument is light on facts and heavy on assumption. Is it possible that boxers might help people find groups? Do boxers cause groups to form that otherwise wouldn't?
    Prepared likes this.
  13. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

I literally felt brain cells commit suicide reading this.
    Aurastrider likes this.
  14. Machentoo Augur

For the first two or three days of a new server. And you are right, for that 2-3 days, boxers do have this impact. Also, so do tourists from live. Also, so do people who come over from p99 to try the server for a day or two, decide they don't like it and disappear. Also, so do krono farmers from other progression servers. Also, so do single toon players who feel it is their right to denigrate boxers at every opportunity.

Two or three of these groups will still be paying their subs a year from now. The others, not so much. Which do YOU think DBG would rather cater to? (The single toon players won't be in that category...)
    Prepared and Aurastrider like this.
  15. Deadshade Augur

This is so ridiculously wrong that one can only wonder .
    Which part of returning players you don't understand ?
    It is only the returning players who bring additionnal revenue to DB - those who already pay a sub on ANY other server don't bring one additional cent .

And guess what . The returning players are mostly non boxers regardless if they come from P99 or have not been playing for years .
    In my Agnarr experience I would replace mostly by only because sofar all the boxers I met were coming either from Phinigel/RF/LJ or from Live .
    So be very sure that when DB opens a new TLP they are only interested in how many returning players will come and stay .
    If it should appear to DB that a majority of returning players leaves because they don't like boxes (true or not) then they would release a TLP with no boxing allowed soon .
  16. Renshu Augur

17. Phantom Ghost Augur

You are wrong too. You want to keep the players you already have just as much if not more than those coming over with nothing but demands. They will only cater to you if they can make more money. Not to mention they probably make the least amount of money from the subscription and bank on the kronos and cash shop sales... Which the keep it p99 classic crowd is probably against.
  18. Green_Mage Augur

One of the only reasons P99 was as popular as it was is because it is no-box. The server would have been completely destroyed if boxing was allowed. Yes I know it happened anyway. But it was definitely kept in check and out of view.
  19. Aurastrider Augur

You are also wrong. Current players often spend extra money outside of a sub. They might buy stuff from the store and if they add extra accounts then they multiply the amount they contribute per account. This can quickly multiply if someone is running several accounts and then starts to level alts on said accounts and wants to spend more money from the store on these new toons on their current accounts. To give you an idea when I came back to the game I was spending the base amount per year. One sub and one expansion upgrade per year. After a couple of years that increased to six subs and six expansion upgrades. Over the years I have bought expansions on 12 different accounts and had subs on 9 of them. Micro transactions on all of them as well. But you know current players don't ever provide extra financial support to the game we just pay x amount forever.
  20. Renshu Augur

I mount per account. DGB will rake it in on this server come Luclin. 2500 DBG points
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.